• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lavabending defensive move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I play on a server that has default configs lel. LavaFlow shits on anyone who is trying to get close. It's the ultimate denial move

HI THERE CHIBLOCKER WANNA GET CLOSE? NOPE. *lavaflow* *dead / almost dead*
Lavaflow doesn't have high damage because. This is difficult to explain. We can't change how lava is, that is how lava is: deathly.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Lavaflow doesn't have high damage because. This is difficult to explain. We can't change how lava is, that is how lava is: deathly.
Either way, the damage you take by falling in the lavaflow is immense if you're not on the very edge of the pool so you can hop right back out.
I also feel like people here are taking Lavabending like it's an actual element and not a sub-element...

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Either way, the damage you take by falling in the lavaflow is immense if you're not on the very edge of the pool so you can hop right back out.
I also feel like people here are taking Lavabending like it's an actual element and not a sub-element...
What's to say that a subelement should be lesser than an element? And that's lava, we can't change it.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What's to say that a subelement should be lesser than an element? And that's lava, we can't change it.
A sub element is a branch of another element. While I'm not saying that a subelement should be lesser of an element, I do believe that it would be much harder to come up with completely different moves for a subelement much less lavabending, which is mainly just vibrating the ground's particles enough so it melts down aka just creating lava from the ground. MOST of the lavabending techniques are mainly turning the ground into lava and giving the lava a "push" if you will. Another thing is that it was never shown for a lavabender to hold up a small wall of lava. Ghazan and Bolin could both create lava surges, but not so big of a surge for it to be a wall, much less have it a steady wall.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A sub element is a branch of another element. While I'm not saying that a subelement should be lesser of an element, I do believe that it would be much harder to come up with completely different moves for a subelement much less lavabending, which is mainly just vibrating the ground's particles enough so it melts down aka just creating lava from the ground. MOST of the lavabending techniques are mainly turning the ground into lava and giving the lava a "push" if you will. Another thing is that it was never shown for a lavabender to hold up a small wall of lava. Ghazan and Bolin could both create lava surges, but not so big of a surge for it to be a wall, much less have it a steady wall.
Bolin by the end of the series wasn't the greatest lavabender he could be, he wasn't trained enough. And ghazan died before he could show really very much of what he was capable of, really you can't say what lava is and isn't because we haven't seen enough of it in the show.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I play on a server that has default configs lel. LavaFlow shits on anyone who is trying to get close. It's the ultimate denial move

HI THERE CHIBLOCKER WANNA GET CLOSE? NOPE. *lavaflow* *dead / almost dead*
Thats because its bugged

Hero

Verified Member
I'm done arguing, it has looking into. Give it up.
Haters Hate. I personally like this idea. I wouldnt want it to be like surge wall or anything. Maybe it could be when you shift in lava and click a direction, it could shoot out in a big glob. So shoot it upwards and maybe shoot it at people.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Haters Hate. I personally like this idea. I wouldnt want it to be like surge wall or anything. Maybe it could be when you shift in lava and click a direction, it could shoot out in a big glob. So shoot it upwards and maybe shoot it at people.
I wouldn't mind if this move would shoot lava up as a shield temporarily, for maybe about 2 seconds, the lava would be shot up (It could be like the falling blocks from Earthline, but with lava) and would block some basic moves, like watermanip, fireblast, icespike, etc.
As for your suggestion, Hero, it seems a lot like the previous LavaSurge move. Not the one that was literally a surge of lava, but the one that was improved and shot the falling blocks lava at people that did good damage.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wouldn't mind if this move would shoot lava up as a shield temporarily, for maybe about 2 seconds, the lava would be shot up (It could be like the falling blocks from Earthline, but with lava) and would block some basic moves, like watermanip, fireblast, icespike, etc.
As for your suggestion, Hero, it seems a lot like the previous LavaSurge move. Not the one that was literally a surge of lava, but the one that was improved and shot the falling blocks lava at people that did good damage.
Falling blocks don't work with a liquid id.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Falling blocks don't work with a liquid id.
Then... how did the old lava surge work then? And that one move that was like an eruption (I think it's name was fissure) when you left clicked, a pool of lava would appear spewing out falling lava blocks. The move did a lot of damage, and if you were close to a corner, you were pretty much screwed.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Then... how did the old lava surge work then? And that one move that was like an eruption (I think it's name was fissure) when you left clicked, a pool of lava would appear spewing out falling lava blocks. The move did a lot of damage, and if you were close to a corner, you were pretty much screwed.
Those were all made during MC 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.