• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Last Rule - better solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
One time, If not mistaken, I had found a rule in this forum that restricted for replying to very old threads that have been its conversation dormant for a very long time. While I do agree to do this rule, seeing how people bring the very old time discussed threads can be very annoying to everyone, including myself as well, but the problem stands that is that people often to do not follow this rule in most forums, which I also have seen this happening in this forum quite a few times.

So my solution would be for this situation is to make every thread automaticly locked (or manually by the ranked members) when the thread hasn't been replied for certain specificed time frame that is considered to be a very long time (could be like the ones with 5-8 months long without any recent replies). This would remove the problem of necro posting, thus as a 100% prevention the rule wouldn't need to bring up/enforce to the rule breaker of this rule, since it would be impossible for the bumper to necro it (unless he is an hacker, heheh).

Ok, before I tried to end this thread, I rechecked the forum policy post again today and notice it hadn't specified much abut to what type of threads this rule is applied. As so, before I can publish this post, I will mention that this function of locking will only be applied to threads that have at least 1 or no less than 3 replies on it, so that it will be fair to allow magority of people to discuss in the threads that haven't been noticed or seen by anyone.

jedk1

I thought the "no necro" rule was pretty clear. If it has been inactive for other a month, and your response is related directly to what the original post was talking about, then you CAN post.

However if your reply is of little relevance to that post, then you should NOT post it.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I thought the "no necro" rule was pretty clear. If it has been inactive for other a month, and your response is related directly to what the original post was talking about, then you CAN post.

However if your reply is of little relevance to that post, then you should NOT post it.
I tend to agree here -- there are cases where it may be necessary to reopen discussion on an old thread, hence why we leave them open.

Thank you for the suggestion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.