• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Join Message Edits and Ideas

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It's way more effective to have this in a forum post rather than the shoutbox where things disappear so quickly; so let's continue this here.

First off, I would like to establish I completely, 100% understand where the developers are coming from. If you're going to use THEIR plugin that THEY made on THEIR free time, they should get just a little bit of representation in return. Unfortunately, I don't think a join message is the way to do it. If it is, then I have a suggestion for that too.

As a replacement to the join message, I saw this brought up in the shoutbox, use prefixes. When you do a command and get feedback in the chat, have a prefix that pops up. Allow server developers/owners to configure the colors to the prefix, but use a prefix. It's WAY cleaner and allows server to have a custom look, rather than a bland, mandatory message. Here's an example of what I thought of:
image1.jpg
**NOTICE**
I made this while at school so it's on Minechat, couldn't use formatting but you get the point.

This prefix could be customizable in the language.yml. For instance, there is a variable that says:
CommandPrefixColor: &e (Makes prefix used in the example)​
Then, once the CommandPrefixColor has been set, any time a player executes a ProjectKorra command and it generates feedback in the chat, that prefix will appear. This way, if anyone ever wants to know the name of the plugin, it's there for them. This also, like I said, allows for a more customized, and cleaner feel for each individual server.

Now, if removing the join message isn't something you really want to do (please consider it) then I think you should at least allow server developers/owners to be able to configure this how they wish too. Now, because you'd want the text that would show to be something specific, you couldn't allow total configurability, but you could allow some. Maybe by allowing for a custom boarder (top & bottom) and also allowing to set format and color for the text and both boards.
For example:
JoinMessage:
Boarder1: "&3-= &bServer Name &3=-"
TextColor: "&e"
Boarder2: "&3-= &bWelcome to The Server &3=-"

That would mean the join message would be able to be designed and customizable. You could leave all 3 blank to have no boarder and use the default text color if you'd like. The example would turn out, in game, to look like this:
2017-02-01_16.17.27 copy.png
I put [link] cause ya know.... Minecraft chat space.......

If anyone else has any suggestions I think peeps would love to hear them. I personally understand why they would do it, I just don't think they did it.... Nicely.... If that makes sense without being rude.....

Points of the post
  • Change the join message (Make it shorter if you could) and make it more configurable and server friendly [Only if you choose you cannot part with the join message]
  • If new ideas is something you'd be into, refer to the prefix idea.

Last edited:

PhanaticD

Verified Member
join message without option to disable = unacceptabru

chat prefix for project korra message = acceptabru

Fyf

Verified Member
Maybe cut down the waffle and make it shorter, with the added prefix it'll appear too long. I suggest ProjectKorra: Fireblast bound to Slot 1 etc. Adverbs are pointless and take up a lot of space.
-Fyf

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

floory565

Verified Member
Great idea - if it were implemented, I think it would be great to be able to customise certain aspects of the prefix without modifying its purpose as follows:
  • Bracket style - ( ) or [ ] or { } or none
  • Colour of brackets
  • Colour of text
This would encourage server owners to be more enthusiastic and accepting of the changes.

Verified Member
Great idea - if it were implemented, I think it would be great to be able to customise certain aspects of the prefix without modifying its purpose as follows:
  • Colour of brackets
  • Colour of text
This would encourage server owners to be more enthusiastic and accepting of the changes.
Or maybe even something like ProjectKorra >

xNuminousx

Verified Member
  • Colour of brackets
  • Colour of text
Or maybe even something like ProjectKorra >
Or let it be 100% up to server owners? :eek:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Then they can just completely delete the text lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No like... The bracket part :/ Not the message. I know that they could delete it. That's why it wasn't apart of my suggestion examples.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Btw this is in development, not looking into. Tbh I don't even know what the tags for suggestions are anymore, but if 'in development' is still a thing, then it's that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboMWM

Verified Member
As for shortening, I think [PK] could suffice. Perhaps you could optionally allow some of the more frequent messages to use the "shortened" prefix.