• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

impact effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
Ok so I have been thinking that it would be cool for there to have a splash/impact effect when bending hits a player.
So here is an example, you hit someone with water manipulation it would have a small burst of water drop particles like a splash. I know it is just aesthetics but it also shows impact and power

In this image you see fire and water colliding and "bursting" and as well ad a torrent release splashing away firebenders, also maybe you don't want this burst effect, well there could be a config option
ParticleBurstOnImpact: false
ParticleBurstOnImpact: true
I just thought this would add more realism as well when fireblast collide with other moves or another fireblast, as of now it just disappears so maybe it would do something like this

See how it sorta dissipates and bursts outwards.
This would make bending way more ascetically pleasing.
As well this does not only apply to waterbending, it would apply to other elements like air vs earth.

But this is really just to point out that there should be some kind of impact effect for ALL elements.
Thanks for reading my suggestion.
-Sorin

Last edited:

djmyernos

Verified Member
This would be cool, but, like most aesthetic changes, not needed. I feel like if this was added, it would be one of the last things added after everything else.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Aesthetics are just as important, do you want a bad looking plugin?
That's not what I meant. I was basically saying don't fix what's not broken. It doesn't look bad now, so I would prefer new moves and such, to an impact animation. Would I object to them making one? Not at all! But that's just my opinion. Others may think differently.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I really think that the plugin is quite dull. There isn't any real PIZZAZ (not pizzas). Some moves are cool, but most of them have no particle effects or anything.

Sorin

Verified Member
The only reason I made this thread is because I hate how when something hit's it just disappears.....(excluding moves that continue on hit like torrent). Yes it is aesthetics but this would make everything look a lot better and look a lot more impressive and this isn't just for one move it isn't just one element it is for all moves and elements, but the way it is now "OMG dude i just canceled your move with mine oh well it didn't look so cool but I did it" This would make actually using moves to deflect others very cool and more people would do it in turn lowering the amount of requests for defense moves, only like half of the people on here know you can deflect other moves with a basic move, example fireblast vs water manipulation or fireblast vs earthblast or watermanipulation vs earthblast. Sorry to say that we need more aesthetics, but it is true. Don't get me wrong the moves now are very cool, but they need more of a oomph.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
To add to your suggestion, I think the splash should happen if it hits objects too. The thing I'd enjoy the most is that if the object it hits is small (a raiseearth pillar) it'd spread around and out, specifically air fire and water though. :)

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
This would make earth look alot better, if we could get particle effects along with an explosive sound on earth smash it'd become so aesthetic O. O

Sorin

Verified Member
To add to your suggestion, I think the splash should happen if it hits objects too. The thing I'd enjoy the most is that if the object it hits is small (a raiseearth pillar) it'd spread around and out, specifically air fire and water though. :)
Yeah I like this.
This would make earth look alot better, if we could get particle effects along with an explosive sound on earth smash it'd become so aesthetic O. O
That would be awesome.

paliate

Verified Member
I do think this is a good idea, But the post was made so poorly that it doesn't really include all of the information i'd want.
And why only water? Every element has a impact effect in the show.

Either way, This post has a good idea but is too... horribly made? and maybe even a bit biased towards waterbenders.

Sorin

Verified Member
I do think this is a good idea, But the post was made so poorly that it doesn't really include all of the information i'd want.
And why only water? Every element has a impact effect in the show.

Either way, This post has a good idea but is too... horribly made? and maybe even a bit biased towards waterbenders.
If you would read the whole post it is for all elements....... 2, I was on mobile couldn't see half the crap I already typed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.