• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

I'm dumb and I need help with permissions for my server

First of all if people on my server are not OPed they can not see the list of sub classes when they type /b d air earth water or fire. I can because I have all bending permissions, so is there a certain permissions I can give them to fix this, or a way to fix this?
EXAMPLE:
/b d earth
list of all earth abilities
type /b d earthcombos to see all the combos you can use
they do not see type /b d metal sand or lava

Secondly a few abilities are not showing up to ranks that I gave permissions to use them. I use Permissions EX.
For Earth:
Extraction
- bending.ability.Extraction
- bending.earth.metalbending
MetalClips
- bending.ability.MetalClips.loot
- bending.ability.MetalClips.throw
- bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips
- bending.ability.MetalClips
LavaFlow
- bending.ability.LavaFlow
- bending.earth.lavabending
(They can still use /b d lava sand or metal, it just doesn't tell them to when they type /b d earth, these are just the abilities that it doesn't show/they don't have permission to use).

For Fire:
Lightning
- bending.ability.Lightning
- bending.fire.lightningbending
Combustion
- bending.ability.Combustion
- bending.fire.combustionbending
For Air:
All Good

For Water:
PhaseChange
- bending.ability.PhaseChange
- bending.water.icebending
IceSpike
- bending.ability.IceSpike
IceBlast
- bending.ability.IceBlast
WaterArms Freeze (it shows they have the ability but its always crossed out)
- bending.ability.WaterArms.Freeze
Bloodbending
- bending.ability.Bloodbending
- bending.water.bloodbending

For Chi:
All good

Thanks for making this plugin it's really awesome. I can't believe how much time and effort you but into it if I'm just having trouble configuring it.

A little more info:
1. YES I have the latest version of project Korra! 1.8.1
2. I use Permissions EX
3. My server is Spigot 1.11
4. Blood bending at only night time/ Full moon is not working for me

ALL of these problems besides blood bending night time are fixed for ops, so I'm pretty sure it's some permissions I messed up please help! THANK YOU. Sorry just made an account here yesterday if any of these questions were answered before...

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
You have all the right permissions, so I'm guessing that you have them in the wrong order. I believe with PEX that if you take away a parent permission, you have to specifically grant the child permissions beforehand or else they are taken away as well. :)

Players aren't shown the subelements in /bending display if they don't have permission for the sub. So can you post all your bending permissions in the order they are written?

- bending.fire.combustionbending
- bending.ability.FireBreath.RainbowBreath
- bending.ability.FireComet
- bending.ability.Combustion
- bending.earth.lavabending
- bending.ability.LavaFlow
- bending.ability.LavaFlux
- bending.ability.Fissure
- bending.ability.MagmaBlast
- bending.ability.LavaThrow
- bending.ability.LavaDisc
- bending.water.bloodbending
- bending.ability.Bloodbending
- bending.ability.BloodPuppet
- bending.ability.Maelstrom
- bending.fire.lightningbending
- bending.ability.Lightning
- bending.ability.LightningBurst
- bending.ability.Discharge
- bending.earth.sandbending
- bending.earth.metalbending
- bending.ability.SandSpout
- bending.ability.SandBlast
- bending.ability.MetalClips.loot
- bending.ability.MetalClips.throw
- bending.ability.MetalClips.4clips
- bending.ability.MetalClips
- bending.ability.Extraction
- bending.ability.MetalShred
- bending.ability.MetalHook
- bending.ability.MetalFragments
- bending.ability.MagnetShield
- bending.water.plantbending
- bending.water.icebending
- bending.ability.WaterArms.Freeze
- bending.ability.PhaseChange
- bending.ability.IceSpike
- bending.ability.IceBlast
- bending.ability.IceWall
- bending.ability.IceClaws
- bending.ability.FrostBreath
- bending.ability.Suffocate

Thanks I think your right about the order thing, btw I use Jedcore but that isn't effecting it I already did some test by removing jedcore

no i left bending player on in plugin.yml. I just edited some of the abilities it gave. does the order look good or do i need to change it?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
no i left bending player on in plugin.yml. I just edited some of the abilities it gave. does the order look good or do i need to change it?
No, I just wondered if you had removed any permissions, that's all.

There's nothing wrong with your order. And most of those permissions are given by default anyway, so I see no reason why it won't show for them. If they choose earth or something, do they have all the subelements? (Look in /b who <player> )

no they dont ive demoted myself the pk subelements just dont show, should i post my plugin.yml in here so u can see what is wrong? And my subelemts work like this If they choose earth a meber should have just earth bending abilities, that works fine. Elder gets metal added, but when they type /b d earth at the bottom it doesn't tell them they can type /b d metal, and they are missing the metal abilities above, Legendary gets lava same thing is wrong as with metal.

Last edited:
Can you confirm this AFTER rechoosing their bending? As in post-applying those permissions?
yes this is what i do to test I choose a selected element while i have permissions as Co-Owner to rechoose to earth. next i demote myself to legendary. I type /b d Earth it shows all earth abilities and combos perfectly fine. but it does not say i can type /b d lava or /b d metal. i can type that in but i just doesnt tell me. It also leaves out the abilities I have listed at the top.

I'm probably not explaining it the best... So I have a different kind of question, what if in the plugin.yml folder I set the defaults for Air Earth Fire Water and Chi to false. Could I add the abilities they could use in Permissions EX one by one, or if all of the defaults are false I won't be able to add any abilities through Permissions EX?

that sounds kind of confusing... and I don't know how to explain it better.

BIG PROBLEM:
The ranks on my server go: Member, Elder, Legendary. I want Member to have permission to only use the basic element and no sub elements, so lets use earth for this. Member gets all Earth abilities/Combos that work with just those abilities. Elder gets all the Earth abilities + Metal and Sand. Legendary gets all Earth Metal and Sand abilities + Lava abilities and the combo that goes with that. Then I want Mod and Builder on the server to have all of that but they can also re-choose the basic element. Is there a way to do this, and could you show me an example if there is?

SMALL PROBLEM:
Also the bending display doesn't work correctly for anyone who is not an OP.
1. If I use the command /b d earth
It shows all of the basic earth abilities that everyone has permission to use.
2. Under all of those it says type /b d earthcombos to see a list of combos you can use.
3. What it is supposed to say after that is type /b d sand metal or lava to see a list of abilities

They do not see number 3 for any element they choose, even though they have a few abilities that they can use in those sub classes.

- Do I have to mess with the plugin.yml folder to achieve the big problem?
- Can anyone help me do these things, and is it even possible?

All in all this is a very great plugin that all of the staff have put a lot of time and effort into. I know its probably me that is doing something wrong not the plugin. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
3. What is is supposed to say after that is type /b d sand metal or lava to see a list of abilities
Yeah, I seen in multiple servers that it doesn't display that command in the /b d [element] list anymore. Probably pk is bugged or they remove (I presume it was accidently erased, because I don't see reason why they would remove it).

Yeah, I seen in multiple servers that it doesn't display that command in the /b d [element] list anymore. Probably pk is bugged or they remove (I presume it was accidently erased, because I don't see reason why they would remove it).
Yeah it has to be removed somehow b/c it works for ops but not people who are deoped, I want to know the permissions so i can let them see it, I also tried re-downloading the plugin but it still doesn't show up.
I need help XD

Loony

Try adding them the subelements with /b add <sub> <name>, such as /b add lava Loonyy.

Do you have RPG installed?

Loony

/b d <element> was broken MANY versions ago, like 2 core versions. Other than that, no, /b d <element> is not broken.

Try adding them the subelements with /b add <sub> <name>, such as /b add lava Loonyy.

Do you have RPG installed?
I do not have RPG installed, and I don't want to add everyone's subelements 1 by 1. They still can use the abilities it just doesn't show them in the display. Thanks for your help though :), and does RPG help with any of this? If so I'm gunna go it it now!!!

Loony

I do not have RPG installed, and I don't want to add everyone's subelements 1 by 1. They still can use the abilities it just doesn't show them in the display. Thanks for your help though :), and does RPG help with any of this? If so I'm gunna go it it now!!!
Nah, I was just wondering if adding the sub element fixed the issue.

It doesn't help, it has a feature that randomly assigns elements and sub elements so it could have been causing the issue.

Nah, I was just wondering if adding the sub element fixed the issue.

It doesn't help, it has a feature that randomly assigns elements and sub elements so it could have been causing the issue.
Ok thanks! Strange101 might have solved it for me! I can't test it out now, but I can test it out late tommarow! thanks for the help i'll type more if it doesn't work.

It's a feature, then why create it? With them being listed, it makes it easier and quickly to figure out whenever you have access to the sub without requiring to check with /b d [subelemenet] to see if the error pops up.