• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Idea for a protective debbris cloud ability

Dankord19

Verified Member
My idea is giving air benders the ability to generate a sphere of sand or snow particles (depends on the block they are standing on) that will cause blindness or slowness to anyone that gets to close.

This move could be a tornado air shield combo or a separate ability.

As long as the player is walking the sphere will not diserpate, other moves can still be used while the sphere is going.

Side note a variant of this move could also be implemented for sand and water benders.

Aztl

Verified Member
It's an interesting idea. I don't think new combos are being planned at the moment, but maybe some sort of block interaction with Tornado could suffice? Like if you use Tornado over a sand block, for a few seconds the Tornado carries sand-like particles with it and has a good chance to temporarily blind whoever makes contact with it. Similar block interactions could work for gravel, which wouldn't cause blindness but might do a small amount of damage?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It's an interesting idea. I don't think new combos are being planned at the moment, but maybe some sort of block interaction with Tornado could suffice? Like if you use Tornado over a sand block, for a few seconds the Tornado carries sand-like particles with it and has a good chance to temporarily blind whoever makes contact with it. Similar block interactions could work for gravel, which wouldn't cause blindness but might do a small amount of damage?
That's also something I had suggestion a while black. Airblasting at a sand block of and at close range should blind (blindness effect induce) feos momentarily (particles enter their eyes), while doing it on snow imbues with Slowness effect (as the heavy snow fall down on their legs). Heck airburst could also be devoted to clear some snow (like a small hill on even surface), sort of like Aang did to undig burried sail boats in the dessert.

mythos

I love this idea. It's something fresh that can add some depth to airbending besides the "hit and run" strategy that's meta now.