• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Iceclaws and FrostBreath

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I'm saying that a move that won't work all the time and is based off of luck does not deserve to be placed into core PK..
Nothing to do with Jed's FB. Thanks for respecting my opinion but I just really don't see the point in this.. Fun? No.. Useful.. Definitely not.. Diversity? Heck yeah. More waterbenders dying to fall damage :D!
Well for condensation system, I suggested that it could work when there is no water within a huge rage, if the staff doesnt like pertange thing. And for the reason is that is, it would give an advantage for waterbenders to figh when there is no water next to them, but they could water from the air, how it was shown once in atla how Hama used this. And to make it balance and not make waterbenders use water from air everytime, which eventually the style of waterbending, that is the reason why I suggested for this mechanic not to function when the bender is in that (40) range with no water within it.

KorraxAsami

Verified Member
Well for condensation system, I suggested that it could work when there is no water within a huge rage, if the staff doesnt like pertange thing. And for the reason is that is, it would give an advantage for waterbenders to figh when there is no water next to them, but they could water from the air, how it was shown once in atla how Hama used this. And to make it balance and not make waterbenders use water from air everytime, which eventually the style of waterbending, that is the reason why I suggested for this mechanic not to function when the bender is in that (40) range with no water within it.
Well in the show where Toph and Katara had no source in a wooden box Katara used her sweat to create water slices. Not saying that that's how it works in minecraft but it's just saying theres always sources of water around in the show no matter what so that's why the percentage thing isn't applicable.

Noatak

Verified Member
I am starting to see what you're trying to do.
Why would a waterbender need this though? They have bottles for this..

HydroMan

Verified Member
I find it extremely unreasonable to make the percentage so low. First off in the show they could pull it out of thin air due to the moisture as well as nearby sources. The arenas bending servers make all have sources so your point saying "Out of thin air" isn't REALLY what's going on in the show or in the plugin. If you want the percentage to be that low than just get rid of the move in general.
Sources: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending
"However, the amount of water can be sufficient to form a usable weapon, such as ice claws, which do not need a lot of water to form"
That is why I suggested;
make it so that this condensation system won't work if water isnt detective by the plugin in a huge radius (50 blocks for example).
to make waterbending not discard the weakness of not having wateer, but still still adding the canon aspect of "condensation" in the plugin
=================================================================================
Why would a waterbender need this though? They have bottles for this..
But what if they don't? Not all servers allow them to cary or they don't give them, and they can drop it (upon the death and they will have recraft them). This would give an advantage when there is no water in the 50 radius.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"However, the amount of water can be sufficient to form a usable weapon, such as ice claws, which do not need a lot of water to form"
That is why I gave the example of an iceclaws tecnique and the other one...
you could also this vapour to achieve minor effect/uses for the existing abilities. An example would be covering ones hand in a water as a boxing glove with watermanip/surge, ect.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Well in the show where Toph and Katara had no source in a wooden box Katara used her sweat to create water slices. Not saying that that's how it works in minecraft but it's just saying theres always sources of water around in the show no matter what so that's why the percentage thing isn't applicable.
Yes. This suggestion is about taking water from air, when there is no water in 50 block radius

Last edited:

KorraxAsami

Verified Member
That is why I suggested;
to make waterbending not discard the weakness of not having wateer, but still still adding the canon aspect of "condensation" in the plugin
If there is a bending server without a water source of 50 blocks then there arena is flawed and I find it unreasonable to see in arena with that description. I see what your point is as to why waterbenders can bend in any enviroment and situation but unfortunately the show is more favored towards that idea vs. the condensation idea.

"Some of the standard waterbending weaknesses can be overcome by skilled waterbending masters. In environments without water a master can pull water particles out of clouds, air, and even out of living organisms such as plants and trees. The drawback is that if water is removed from a living organism, it will wither and die.[3] Water can also be obtained from a master's own bodies if need be, from sweat or saliva.[25] The amount of water able to be removed from the air will vary depending on weather conditions. As only a small proportion of the planet's atmosphere contains gaseous water, these amounts would be limited even at the best of times. However, the amount of water can be sufficient to form a usable weapon, such as ice claws, which do not need a lot of water to form.[3] Furthermore, binding does not work on waterbenders who mastered the ability to waterbend using the lower body and/or without any arms, such as Ming-Hua."

Source: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending

HydroMan

Verified Member
For Frostbreath, we can go on another day arguing about that. Condensation would usefull to use in a way, when your lacking for waterbendable source, but in a downside balance way, you can do minor feats with the amount of water you have (example: iceclaws). Ofcourse,in warm biomes (nether, desert) this won't be applied as there is probably no moisture in the air ( correct me if I'm wrong).

IMO, this is pretty balance and gives a tiny advantage for waterbenders. It is pretty impossible for a waterbender to spamm this mechanic when no water is found for the bender to reach fast enough within a few minuttes, as like I said, you can only do this within an area where there is no source in 50 blocks away from the bender

Noatak

Verified Member
But what if they don't? Not all servers allow them to cary or they don't give them, and they can drop it (upon the death and they will have recraft them). This would give an advantage when they is no water in the 50 radius.
If they don't have bottles or nearby water sources in the arena then that's the owners fault.
This will ruin the balance other servers have managed to achieve. I could see this working for survival and all that but in an arena or competitive server?
Yikes

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ruin the balance? How? Be detailed! Know, that I didn't said that you will be allowed to throw massive waves and create torrens and alike. Watermanipulation's normal projectile, 7 blocks high shield and wave (Surge), Ice blocks projectile (Icespike&IceBlast), OctopusForm and regular size torrent won't work due to the amount of water condensation can ofer the bender. Too form iceclaws that deal 1.5 damage with medium cooldown and maybe boxing gloves out of waterarms shaped wih the use of condensation that also does minor offensive attacks sounds pretty balanced to me and not so threating when using regular size source.

Last edited:

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
The percentages should not exist. The waterbender should always be able to pull water vapor from the air because there is water vapor everywhere. Humans physically NEED water vapor to breathe. That is why when you breath on a window, it gets foggy, because we exhale water vapor along with other things.

So they should always be able to pull water from the air, even if there is a long cooldown or a limited amount of uses per minute or something.

HydroMan

Verified Member
The percentages should not exist. The waterbender should always be able to pull water vapor from the air because there is water vapor everywhere. Humans physically NEED water vapor to breathe. That is why when you breath on a window, it gets foggy, because we exhale water vapor along with other things.
I already know that by now that percentage is a bad idea. Although, making condensattionalways working will make benders (that don't like selecting source blocks) to be lazy at selecting the actual source block and would spamm condesation's abiltiy, so I still think my method of stoping this should be applied. Imagine the horrible scenery of seeing all waterbenders using tiny water dropplets all around the place without water/ice/plant blocks or waterbottles... *makes the face of disgust*

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
I'll be making suggestions for each existing ability, on how they will be affect by this applied concept. Now maybe, can we get back to frostbreat and discuss how we can improve it without the percentage thing, since everyone dislikes it.

SvenTurtle98

Verified Member
I already know that by now that percentage is a bad idea. Although, making condensattionalways working will make benders (that don't like selecting source blocks) to be lazy at selecting the actual source block and would spamm condesation's abiltiy, so I still think my method of stoping this should be applied. Imagine the horrible scenery of seeing all waterbenders using tiny water dropplets all around the place without water/ice/plant blocks or waterbottles... *makes the face of disgust*
Not selecting a source block is in no way related to the bender being lazy. In the show, the waterbenders usually did not even have to look at their source of water to bend it. And there wouldn't be a horrible scenery of them using water droplets all over the place because:

1. there would be a cooldown
2. Benders would only use this if there was no other water source in the area because other moves are much more powerful. Using only water droplets would be a waste of time if the bender was able to use a stronger move.

Noatak

Verified Member
Ruin the balance? How? Be detailed! Know, that I didn't said that you will be allowed to throw massive waves and create torrens and alike. Watermanipulation's normal projectile, 7 blocks high shield and wave (Surge), Ice blocks projectile (Icespike&IceBlast), OctopusForm and regular size torrent won't work due to the amount of water condensation can ofer the bender. Too form iceclaws that deal 1.5 damage with medium cooldown and maybe boxing gloves out of waterarms shaped wih the use of condensation that also does minor offensive attacks sounds pretty balanced to me and not so threating when using regular size source.
I have explained how the balance will be ruined so many times. Please re-read and don't be hypocritical. Every person I've talked to has had to re-read your post more than 5 times to understand your invalid points.

Noatak

Verified Member
Not selecting a source block is in no way related to the bender being lazy. In the show, the waterbenders usually did not even have to look at their source of water to bend it. And there wouldn't be a horrible scenery of them using water droplets all over the place because:

1. there would be a cooldown
2. Benders would only use this if there was no other water source in the area because other moves are much more powerful. Using only water droplets would be a waste of time if the bender was able to use a stronger move.
Combustion would be a 1 shot kill.
Lightning would be a 1 shot kill to those in water.
Torrent would be redirectable.
Surge would be like a firejet.
Rain would be bendable.
Chi would take your bending for a while with one punch..
Come again with canon?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I am not giving any sorts of support to Jed's FB.
Well you dislike my idea, because that his frostbreath won't safe from fall damage,but I didn't prupose to change ot his addon, lol. Unless I misunderstood you.
Combustion would be a 1 shot kill.
Lightning would be a 1 shot kill to those in water.
Torrent would be redirectable.
Surge would be like a firejet.
Rain would be bendable.
Chi would take your bending for a while with one punch..
To keep balance, that's why they arent 1 shot kill.
To me, Surge is kinda like firejet lol.
RainBendng, I wish... x_x.
Balance. I guess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.