• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Ice Suffocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafHD_

Verified Member
Its annoying that as of 1.8 we now suffocate in the ice we are trapped in from waterbenders. First and foremost, you are blinded as if you were trapped in packed ice, you can no longer know which direction to excape from. Second of all, sometimes you start suffocating immediately when trapped, sometimes you don't suffocate until you break the block that is supposed to make you free from suffocating. When Katara trapped Azula, she never lost her breath, she just stayed there moving her eyes around as Katara handcuffed her. Lastly, this is very annoying when in water (PhaseChange) or on land battling (TorrentFreeze, SurgeFreeze & IceWave).

(*If this is a bug that has been recognized, then please move this to Bug Reports)

Thank You,
Leafy :p

Sorin

Verified Member
Its annoying that as of 1.8 we now suffocate in the ice we are trapped in from waterbenders. First and foremost, you are blinded as if you were trapped in packed ice, you can no longer know which direction to excape from. Second of all, sometimes you start suffocating immediately when trapped, sometimes you don't suffocate until you break the block that is supposed to make you free from suffocating. When Katara trapped Azula, she never lost her breath, she just stayed there moving her eyes around as Katara handcuffed her. Lastly, this is very annoying when in water (PhaseChange) or on land battling (TorrentFreeze, SurgeFreeze & IceWave).

(*If this is a bug that has been recognized, then please move this to Bug Reports)

Thank You,
Leafy :p
Mmmm idk I like the suffocating that happens from ice, maybe a config of IceSuffocation: true/false.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Well I know that, and firebenders aren't op if you know what you are doing in the config.
Same with Waterbending. If you don't want waterbenders to freeze, take out the ice attacks.
BUT
*suggestion time*
Suggestion Time! C'mon grab your friend! We are going to very distant lands! With MistPhizzle and Leaf_HD, the ideas will never end it's Suggestion Time!! *0*
Everytime an entity gets frozen *roll the credits*, an open space would appear where the entity is on. So there would be the ice sphere, and the victim would have an open space in order to not suffocate.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Everytime an entity gets frozen *roll the credits*, an open space would appear where the entity is on. So there would be the ice sphere, and the victim would have an open space in order to not suffocate.
It could just leave am open space in the players head (just one air block), this way keeping the players body frozen. Though the player would be able no see throw the ice and would not suffocate in the ice.
Still I like the new ice suffocation, it bring a new dynamic to waterbending (icebending) ;-)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Wasn't this fixed?
What version of PK are you using?
I don't think this was, it still happens to me sometimes. I know his version is 1.6.0. I play on the same server, and yea, it's happening sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.