• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Ice Hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Great idea!

0:4 till 0:12

Is that what you had in mind?
If it would be like that, it should be changed a bit. I think it should be more like this in that case:

Click a source, and hold shift to create water spinning around you. When you click again, a stream of water will go in the direction you clicked, but the water streaming around you doesn't go away. If the stream of water missed the target, it'll come back. If it hits something, the target will be grabbed by the stream, and the water bender can click somewhere else quickly, to slam then into that place. They can click at their feet to drag them towards them.

6tijn

Verified Member
Woulnd't this be... OP in terms of throwing poeple in the water? I think if there's an earth and waterbender fighting, the water bender could just simply catch the earthbender with this and throw him in water to finish him of where he is powerless. :/

Thestacker21

Verified Member
Great idea!

0:4 till 0:12

Is that what you had in mind?
Yes,that is what the move is like in the fight when korra vs her uncle they both used the move t each other.Even at the same time thanks I really hope it does get added and I'm learning to code so I may make it xD,but I don't know how.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes,that is what the move is like in the fight when korra vs her uncle they both used the move t each other.Even at the same time thanks I really hope it does get added and I'm learning to code so I may make it xD,but I don't know how.
That's pretty much what I said in the description ._.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Torrent and AirStream have a giant difference. I already have used bending for almost 2 years and I call tell you that AirStream is way smoother. Torrent will randomly drop people out of the stream and is way harder to use due it's speed and shorter range
^ This

I can see how you would use Torrent to grab people but it's still a fairly difficult process, with this IceHook it would be so much more fluent, Torrent isn't made for it, also it depends on the server you try it on, you got lag, you got no player in yo torrent boi!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
^ This

I can see how you would use Torrent to grab people but it's still a fairly difficult process, with this IceHook it would be so much more fluent, Torrent isn't made for it, also it depends on the server you try it on, you got lag, you got no player in yo torrent boi!
Yea, but how would it look? I suggested something for it, a good mechanic I believe, and less like air suction. Also, more useful.

DanStryder

Verified Member
I agree, it's a nice way of doing it, My only suggestion is either make it so you can only grab so many times or add some sort of nerf because it sounds way too OP, like 6tjin said, if you were to throw a player into water, there would be no fight, Maybe this takes longer to charge up? otherwise you start up Icehook, you're pretty much defended by the majority of moves and you can attempt to grab as many times as you want.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I agree, it's a nice way of doing it, My only suggestion is either make it so you can only grab so many times or add some sort of nerf because it sounds way too OP, like 6tjin said, if you were to throw a player into water, there would be no fight, Maybe this takes longer to charge up? otherwise you start up Icehook, you're pretty much defended by the majority of moves and you can attempt to grab as many times as you want.
But making it look the same as torrent would't look that good. :/

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I love the idea! :3 but I have something to add: what if the water stream instead of hitting an entity hits a solid block, you click and you would be able be launch in that direction, like grappling hook. No, this is not op, Ming Hua already used it and it can be very useful while fighting melee enemies :D hope you like *-*

Kiam

Verified Member
I love the idea! :3 but I have something to add: what if the water stream instead of hitting an entity hits a solid block, you click and you would be able be launch in that direction, like grappling hook. No, this is not op, Ming Hua already used it and it can be very useful while fighting melee enemies :D hope you like *-*
We have already said that waterarms is not going to happen. The movement feature is interesting, because it provides ONE function of waterarms, but this seems like you're trying to turn this into a dumbed down version of waterarms, which has already been rejected.

Thestacker21

Verified Member
We have already said that waterarms is not going to happen. The movement feature is interesting, because it provides ONE function of waterarms, but this seems like you're trying to turn this into a dumbed down version of waterarms, which has already been rejected.
Im not trying to make this to water arms they are suggesting that it like water arms the move is very simliar to torrent the one differences is that the move graps the player to them this move is for a offence move for waterbenders.The cooldown can be extened or shorted in the config or this move can only be for donators.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Im not trying to make this to water arms they are suggesting that it like water arms the move is very simliar to torrent the one differences is that the move graps the player to them this move is for a offence move for waterbenders.The cooldown can be extened or shorted in the config or this move can only be for donators.
Your current description is 2 much like torrent and air suction to me :/ What about the thing that I suggested. I think it would look nice and very useful in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.