• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Gliders - WHAT THE HECK??

HydroMan

Not sure why you didn't add this as a feature, but airbenders should and can definatlly fly with them.

Basically, where you look with it on your hand and tap shift, you would then be launch flying towards where you pointing at. Same momento how you try to glide with it, but with an addition to moving/bursting yourself foward from the ground when standing on it.

This is a good idea and I have always wanted to see gliders implemented because they are SUCH a huge part of airbending. I just hope there is a way to make it not be the same as just giving /fly. Like, maybe you can only travel upwards for so long or there is a time limit on it or something.

Gliders are in game, but they can only glide downwards. This is a suggestion to allow them go up.
Ah ok. If they are made to go up there should be some limit on how far up they can go. Because they glide through the air. A lot of people seem to think they are like personal airplanes XD

Nin01

I'd agree, but you realize it could replace AirGlide? Or are you saying you want to replace that ability with the glider?

I agree with you, @HydroMan. It would atually look cool

New I'd agree, but you realize it could replace AirGlide? Or are you saying you want to replace that ability with the glider?
AirGlide isn't an official move a.k.a an addon from @jedk1 , including the fact that it isn't canon, so why should it not replace it?

Green

But when 1.9 comes out they can use the coding from there or whatever so you can laying on you stomach while gliding. I'm talking about the eliytra wing things.

Green, that would be totally cool. Maybe when a gliderer is holding space while not pressin&holding wasd keys, the glider would then lift the player up instead of foward, and the player position will be switched to him standing. :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
The elytra has like no API features. You can't check for when a player starts flying, when they stop, basicly nothing.

Matt

The elytra has like no API features. You can't check for when a player starts flying, when they stop, basicly nothing.
I'm wondering if you'll be able to check for it in events

Maybe (untested)

Code:
if (player.getInventory().getChest() == Material.ELYTRA) {
//Code here
}
in a falling event could work :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I'm wondering if you'll be able to check for it in events

Maybe

Code:
if (player.getInventory().getChest() == Material.ELYTRA) {
//Code here
}
in a falling event could work :)
I read a whole spigot thread about it. The only way the user could check for starting to fly with an elytra was by listening for a packet, and they havent found a way yet to check for the landing.