• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Glassbending?

Do you think glassbending would have been possible?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

What do you think?

Also, I would like to add that if there was a 3rd installation of the Avatar series, I think it'd be awesome if there was like a mad scientists or whatever who was determined to test all of the limits to bending. Who's life mission was to determine what was bendable and what was not. And then out of his research, new arts and new styles were adopted and incorporated into the storyline somehow. I think that'd be neat, that's what this video made me think about.

xNuminousx

But like the video says, platinum is purified to the point where there's no left over earth fragments. Glass is just melted sand which cooled so all it is, is sand.

If he would, he would say and post it in the other section of the forum. Glassbending was rejected many times in the past, so I doubt there's reconsideration and change of mind from concept designers.

_Hetag1216_

I think it should be sand and lava bend er for glass bending because the sand needs to be heated at high temperatures and lava is a suitable heat source for this so can only build sand and lava bender glass . the material that is formed is a completely different material from the sand so can only be created , He does not bend . this is completely different from the basic element . This is my thought.
What you're saying about the heating is true but, would be a glass block lavabendable? (If i haven't got wrong what you said)
Taking in consideration your comment, glassbending wouldn't really fit as a subelement designed to fight and in my opinion even for other things, i mean what could we do with glassbending?
If we really want to bend glass just add it to the sand/earthbendable blocks.

xNuminousx

So You're suggesting a subelement for earth called glassbending or?
For me is possible though. :oops:
No I'm not suggesting it. I don't think this could be incorporated into Minecraft good enough and it was never talked about in the show so everyone would be confused.

I think it should be sand and lava bend er for glass bending because the sand needs to be heated at high temperatures and lava is a suitable heat source for this so can only build sand and lava bender glass . the material that is formed is a completely different material from the sand so can only be created , He does not bend . this is completely different from the basic element . This is my thought.
Why would it need to be heated? The glass itself still contains Earth fragments.

_Hetag1216_

Add a designed crystals/ores bending instead
No I'm not suggesting it. I don't think this could be incorporated into Minecraft good enough and it was never talked about in the show so everyone would be confused.
I'm not suggesting it, just saying that it could be an earthbendable block since it contains sand/earth fragments.

I'm not suggesting it, just saying that it could be an earthbendable block since it contains sand/earth fragments.
Nobody said you were. OP/@xNuminousx making it clear and assuring that he didn't proposed to suggest his proposing implantation of such the following feature, he made the post about, to the plugin but rather start a discussion/debate whenever hypothetically earthbenders could bend glass in the avatar/lok/atla universe. To be more/less verbose, he basically answered your question (which is the quote I quoted below this text:
So You're suggesting a subelement for earth called glassbending or?
==================================================
But you also asked a question in the same reply you were giving that advise, so he answered that but disregarded to give a response to your recommendation.

Lol, I just noticed.
We all know you were asking op, because you quoted is post in your reply. He confirms he is one, which I can presume he remarked that with hopes of getting clarifying this confusion you twisted lol.

Last edited: