• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied GlacialGlide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
We see in the series, many instances of water benders creating a wave, then freezing it then sliding across it at high speeds. I think that we should have a combo where water-benders can do this.

It would be activated like this.

WaterSpout (Left-Click) -> Surge (Left-Click) -> WaterManipulation (Sneak) -> PhaseChange (Left-Click)

I am aware of the fact that waterwave does a similar function, but this would be a more instant escape approach like firejet, and unlike waterwave this won't be able to move up or down from the ground.

Below is an example of what I am talking about, in a Animal Planet style explanation.

Here we see the wild Hydros manipulatum, fighting with her natural rival the Terrus kineticum.

Forgive me for the fact that they aren't next to each other.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well that makes waterwave combo useless and unneed since this would exist without no disatvantages, like jetblast and firejet comparison. Title this "Replacement of WaterWave".

Not only that, but waterwave doesn't need any speedy combo - it's not the type of element that should have it.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So you're asking for a Speedy IceWave. Even though Fire has JetBlaze and JetBlast, I don't think water needs this.

Green

Verified Member
This isn't even a "speedy" combo smh.

Make it like this: Waterspout shift (don't have to look at your source.) Waterspout click -> Phasechange click.

What this will do is make the ground right beneath and 3 blocks infront of you ice. Allowing the water bender to skate across land for a short while. Water benders get speed when on the ice so they are going pretty fast. This path of ice will be 3 blocks wide and always 3 blocks infront of you.

When activating this combo you don't have to be directly looking at a source but a source as big as required for waterflow is 6 blocks near you.

What this is baisically doing is pulling the water from a source, freezing it and making a path of frozen water for you to skate on.

By the way if your not right near your source and you activate this the path of ice will make its way to you and then go infront of you so it doesn't look weird.

The ice will last until the combo is over.

Green

Verified Member
In addition to that, no chargetime. People would discard waterwave and will use GlacialGlide over it, making the current ability as a waste.
Um no you would still use it to freeze people and get to higher places and it doesn't have as long of a cooldown as this.

Why am I still up its 5:00 am.... Good night lol

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Eh.... Don't know what to say. I guess its ok. To tweak it, it should have smaller travelling distance and... Well that's all I can think of.

Green

Verified Member
Eh.... Don't know what to say. I guess its ok. To tweak it, it should have smaller travelling distance and... Well that's all I can think of.
I can't go to sleep lol.

I don't think it should have a smaller traveling distance though because it is only a thin layer of ice and it doesn't take that much energy to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.