• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Geyser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
Hi,
So, i was wondering, why a waterbender actally isnt like at the uper hand when the person you are battling falls/jumps in the water? I mean you could use Icewall or Watermanipulation but thats about it. There are no more moves you can use directly from the water. For example, if you are fighting a earthbender, he/she is much stronger when you are on land (because of Earthline, Earthgrab). These are moves that can only be used when you are both on earth. Why doesnt water have any (except Icewall).
So when i was watching a episode of the last airbender i saw something pretty cool.
Screenshot_2016-06-19-18-12-25.png
So i startes thinking how we could put this in minecraft? Than i had it, a chargemove!!!! Water still hasnt one yet of those as well. So this is how it works:
When someone is in water, you hold shift. This move will charge for 3 seconds. When you release shift, pillars of water shoot in the direction you are looking at. You can not redirect these pillars. The pillars are 3 blocks high, except for the first pillar which will be 2 blocks high. Between each pillar there are 2 blocks. There will be a maximum of 8 pillars. When a pillar hit a person, it will cause 2 hearts of damage and a pretty good knockback. These pillars wont continue on land, but will on ice and snow. This move can be used on ice, but not on snow.
2016-06-19_16.56.23.png
I think this is needed because right now there isnt a big difference if a waterbender fights next to 1 block of water or next to a lot of water. But in the show it is pretty clear difference.
So what do you think of this?
(Btw suggestions about the name are welcome ;)

Green

Verified Member
I like the idea of water having the upper hand in water. But this move is not astically pleasing at all.

Green

Verified Member
No it's not pleasing to the eye at all.... Like like i would make it a wave type thing that would get bigger the farther it goes, and it would be in a triangle shape outwards of the player.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I suggest making it like the Water Flow move, but connected to the water. I am going to need to think about how I am going to explain this.... Ok, with water flow, it's a rather large stream of water that disconnects from water. Basically with this, you finish charging and a "Water Flow" will take off in the direction you are looking. It will be JUST like the current water flow with a few tweaks. it will be connected to the water no matter what, if it looses contact to water it will stop just like water spout. It will go in one straight line, not controllable. And instead of carrying people, like the current water flow, it will push them away upon contact. It will also stop moving forward upon contact with another player. I will work on making an in game model to give a vision if this doesn't make since.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
2016-06-19_22.18.15.png

This shows the beginning of the move, the progression from start to mid-animation

2016-06-19_22.18.29.png

This is it growing and then "hitting" the armor stand doing knockback to it. It could be taller but I fear if it gets taller it could cause lag issues. As we see, it would dissipate into it's original, calm water state as it moves. It isn't the best representation but it's what I did quickly.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
I really like this as well! I think it looks better than mine.
(What about you Green and Easte?)
But since surge actually does the same, i would say this also will do some damage. Maybe 2 hearts is to much (?) What about 1 heart?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I really like this as well! I think it looks better than mine.
(What about you Green and Easte?)
But since surge actually does the same, i would say this also will do some damage. Maybe 2 hearts is to much (?) What about 1 heart?
Two hearts, please. We are actually talking about a huge mass of water at high speeds.
(Although some physics thrown in would contradict what I just said...)

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I know it might not really make sense, but add this as an extention to Torrent: this would happen when you are submerged with water (only your feet).

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I think it could be an addon to the current Surge. Like for fireblast, and many other abilities, has a click and charge version. Surge could to. The shift+click creates the wave where as a charge creates a consentrated wave that's stronger than a normal surge.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Surge in general shouldn't have a source selection when your standing in or in front of your element, similarly to shockwave. Left Clicking should do the trick (If you are in the condition like that waterbending guy in the gif)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Tyler's looks more appealing but I still think it could be better. With the use of some particles to represent the splashing "Geyser" effect it would be more appealing. Definitely contact an addon developer — I think this would be a great move. :)

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I think a sort of splashing effect would be great, although there should be an option in the configuration because some servers may have lag issues with it.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, it totally makes sense to be Torrent while in that condition if you think about. DAMAGE + knockback - which is what torrent does and making this a standalone ability would be a waste of a slot.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The image representation from the show, provided above, does not look like a torrent stream or wave. I would think it would be apart of the Surge ability since it acts a lot like it. Water rising and shooting forward to push an object away, or even do damage if its a concentrated blast. I understand it effects players similarly to torrent but it acts like a surge wave as far as animation and the original goal for the move goes. Which is knockback. A torrent would be intended for damage, with knockback as a side effect. And a surge would be intended for knockback, maybe with damage as a side effect.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If people like the idea of making an extention to Surge, am fine with that. How I imagine, the water you are standing one - makes it "concentrated blast" by the huge vicinity you are surrounded in, which I guess makes sense. I just don't this "Geyser" to be a standalone when it has no different apart from the looks, but not only that - nobody would bind it until they find a huge/big pond where they could use this ability in action.

MASTER-Pakku

Verified Member
I think it should be a indipended move. And the 'water guy' is avatar roku. For those who want to see the scene, its: the last airbender, book 3 ep 6, The avatar and the firelord.
i like the partocles idea as well, but im not sure if its possible. Maybe make it like particles shoot up block by block ?

Status
Not open for further replies.