• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Frost Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I bring you yet another move. I have looked around and didn't really see anything like this so I'm going to just lay it out there. The air move tornado, but frost/ice. Change the air particles with snow particles and bada-bing bada-bang, frost tornado. Effects could be- leaves a trail of snow, freezes other players on contact, transportation like the regular tornadoIt could also be called Blizzard, but the name doesn't really matter too mush, as long as it makes sense. Thank you for reading this. 'Till I give another suggestion (oh yes, there will be another suggestion)

Kwesi

Verified Member
I can't really see this ability making enough sense. Something like this seems like just a mix of airbending and waterbending elements and it doesn't seem to adhere enough a waterbender's style of use.

Gold

Verified Member
Hhhh I think we should make like avatar state moves? Because tbh I can see a avatar using air and water bending to create a frost tornado in a storm or a mini hurricane

Moonelight

Verified Member
I've never seen this move in the show, but I have thought of it. I honestly hate having moves recycled because it doesn't create great diversity in the plugin.

The move isn't made using common sense and needs to be re thought. Nice try though!

Kwesi

Verified Member
Hhhh I think we should make like avatar state moves? Because tbh I can see a avatar using air and water bending to create a frost tornado in a storm or a mini hurricane
Hm... the idea of avatar-based abilities kind of appeals to me. Although, I think the best way to go about it is for avatar-based combo abilities: a dynamic combo with a formula consisting of abilities from multiple elements rather than just one. That way it would mean that it would not only take any old avatar but a SKILLED avatar to execute them.

That being said, I think an ability like this could fit that bill (although, it would have a set duration instead of being infinitely controllable like Tornado, which would actually make it balanced). It would actually be kind of intriguing to see how that feature would be.

Since they would be combo abilities, which would require a certain degree of skill, and as long as they're made balanced, they shouldn't really be overpowered, and it would simply rely of the efficiency of execution to determine the level of its effectiveness.

I'm mainly playing around with the idea in my head, but you gave me something to think about. XD

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
A. Who was Zaheer again? (Sorry I have forgotten)
B. If this turns into a full avatar move, I will have only suggested avatar-based moves (not trying to)
C. I like Kwesi's idea

Gold

Verified Member
Hm... the idea of avatar-based abilities kind of appeals to me. Although, I think the best way to go about it is for avatar-based combo abilities: a dynamic combo with a formula consisting of abilities from multiple elements rather than just one. That way it would mean that it would not only take any old avatar but a SKILLED avatar to execute them.

That being said, I think an ability like this could fit that bill (although, it would have a set duration instead of being infinitely controllable like Tornado, which would actually make it balanced). It would actually be kind of intriguing to see how that feature would be.

Since they would be combo abilities, which would require a certain degree of skill, and as long as they're made balanced, they shouldn't really be overpowered, and it would simply rely of the efficiency of execution to determine the level of its effectiveness.

I'm mainly playing around with the idea in my head, but you gave me something to think about. XD
You know that new aircombo move like Twister or somethin? We could have it like that but with ice and snow breaking particles. Also should we make it have a way for it cannot be used if there's lack of snow?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I dont believe tgat much in this abilitie. It is creative :D but whats the need of it? We already have tornado, this just leaves snow throw the blocks it passes

João

Verified Member
I think it would be very cool if different elements could combine abilities. Here the airbenders could make a Tornado and Waterbenders could use a Combo and "freeze" the Tornado making him a IceTornado.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member

Maybe we should start coming up with unique moves for Avatars that combine multiple elements, but are like combo moves. Can AvatarCombo become a thing? That'd be cool.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Maybe we should start coming up with unique moves for Avatars that combine multiple elements, but are like combo moves. Can AvatarCombo become a thing? That'd be cool.
I agree. The concept intrigues me. We'd just have to put a suggestion through and see what the rest of the community think. :)

Kwesi

Verified Member
You know that new aircombo move like Twister or somethin? We could have it like that but with ice and snow breaking particles. Also should we make it have a way for it cannot be used if there's lack of snow?
Yeah, it could function similarly to that. I'm wondering about that, and I think I agree with you; perhaps the ability must be aimed/used near snow or ice to activate it.

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
Yeah, it could function similarly to that. I'm wondering about that, and I think I agree with you; perhaps the ability must be aimed/used near snow or ice to activate it.
That makes the most sense to me. But here's another thing. I don't know if it would be impossible to code or not, but we could have cooperative bending! 2(or more) different players could combine abilities to make a different move altogether. What do you guys think about this?

Kwesi

Verified Member
That makes the most sense to me. But here's another thing. I don't know if it would be impossible to code or not, but we could have cooperative bending! 2(or more) different players could combine abilities to make a different move altogether. What do you guys think about this?
I love the idea, but I can see it backfiring easily. Say, for example, two benders attack each other, and the abilities they use end up creating some synergetic effect instead of directly damage their targets, what would happen then?

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
I love the idea, but I can see it backfiring easily. Say, for example, two benders attack each other, and the abilities they use end up creating some synergetic effect instead of directly damage their targets, what would happen then?
Good point.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So who is going to be the one to suggest avatarcombos? I like these ideas we are getting

Status
Not open for further replies.