• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I just thought of this idea, so if you see anything wrong with it, comment below so I can make this move more realistic. Thanks!

In order to use this move you have to click and then move your cursor in a sweeping motion from right to left (or left to right). A horizontal line of fire particles shoots out from your hand in the shape of a crescent. This move does about 1.5 (configurable) hearts of damage, a little bit of knock back, and only goes eight blocks (configurable) before dispersing. The cool down between each use is about 5 seconds (configurable). This move may seem to similar to air swipe, so I thought I could add another element of attacking to this move. If you hold shift while clicking, you can shoot a maximum of 3 (configurable) fire swipes before the cool down starts. The multiple swipes only do 0.5 (configurable) hearts of damage, almost no knock back, and travel 5 (configurable) blocks before dispersing. These swipes also travel in a vertical motion from head to toe, making it more difficult to hit someone. I think this would be a cool addition for fire benders as a new and exotic way of attacking enemies.
Here is a visual incase you got lost during the explanation:

Here's another:

Last edited:

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I think it'd be cool if this had the same mouse sweeping mechanic as AirSweep, but it would be more of a projectile than an instant slash.
Also 8 blocks seems a bit short for the default range. Even the gifs show this as being a rather long range move =P

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think it'd be cool if this had the same mouse sweeping mechanic as AirSweep, but it would be more of a projectile than an instant slash.
Also 8 blocks seems a bit short for the default range. Even the gifs show this as being a rather long range move =P
What do you think I should edit the original post to be, so that the range isn't so short? Also I thought about making this move a sweeping motion too, but that would make it harder to perform the second form of this move (the multiple Fire Slice going in a straight up and down line)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What do you think I should edit the original post to be, so that the range isn't so short? Also I thought about making this move a sweeping motion too, but that would make it harder to perform the second form of this move (the multiple Fire Slice going in a straight up and down line)
What about just clicking for the second part?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
What about just clicking for the second part?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, could you be more specific?
This is just firewheel only then less wheel...
With fire there will be plenty of moves that seem the same as other, it's hard to come up with canon, yet completely different moves for fire. This move is still a little bit different from other moves that we already have in the Project Korra plugin in my opinion. Though, if you have any suggestion as to how I can make it more different, then I'm all ears.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Why don't you just add it, when you made the sweep, you can click up to 3 times, to make rapid slashes
Sorry I think I'm still a bit confused. Are you saying that When you want to use the second part of Fire Slice all you have to do is click up to three times for three different slices? If you are then I already added that to the post.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Sorry I think I'm still a bit confused. Are you saying that When you want to use the second part of Fire Slice all you have to do is click up to three times for three different slices? If you are then I already added that to the post.
O, yea that's what I meant. I probably didn't see it.

David

Verified Member
This is just firewheel only then less wheel...
It's different.

Fire Kick is just Fire Blast just less Blast;

Air Swipe is just Air Blast just less blast;

Fire Spin is just Blaze (Shift) just more spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.