• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Fire) FireStream

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Also, fire doesnt "stream". It bursts, fluxes, and can be called an inferno, but stream implies that it is liquid or semi liquid. Sorry, but, this is basically like naming a water move ice geyser: no logic. Plus, it helps take the heat of apparently copying moves over from element to element.

I think it would be a cool addition if the fire could stay present until the move ended, inwhich it would dissapate. This would allow it to be more of the 'stream' you wanted.
Agreed.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I honestly think that fireburst is enough and adding a "stream" combo that will create a long lasting inferno is a bit much. Firebreath seems more appropriate to be added. (Addon > Core).

Matt

Verified Member
Love the animations, yet I feel this is another simple attack ability, (all from my oppinion)

some things I think it's neat to think about in move creation:
-Utility & RP: What can this move accomplish as far as utility / rp
-How can we make the player feel like he's bending, not just throwing fire?
-Config How can we make the config not get in the way of gameplay but provide a nice arsenal for server owners

If you follow these steps I think this move could be more amazing than it already is and have a lot more advanced physics

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I honestly think that fireburst is enough and adding a "stream" combo that will create a long lasting inferno is a bit much. Firebreath seems more appropriate to be added. (Addon > Core).
Firebreath really doesn't require any skill. You simply go near a person (with firejet if you want to) and hold sneak. The story only gets worse for chi blockers... at least with firestream, chi has SOME chance...

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Love the animations, yet I feel this is another simple attack ability, (all from my oppinion)

-Config How can we make the config not get in the way of gameplay but provide a nice arsenal for server owners

If you follow these steps I think this move could be more amazing than it already is and have a lot more advanced physics
-Tell me how firebending can have more utility than it already has from heatcontrol and illumination
-This point I don't understand so it'd be best if you could give an example. But one thing that seperates it from "throwing fire" imo, is the growing feature the firestream has
-I'd think the config could be easy to come up with- but I suppose I'll throw in some config options for you guys.
How long the stream lasts
How long the stream takes to grow
How much damage the stream does per second
Does the stream produce fire on the ground? (Default, no)
How long is the stream? (Stage 1)
How long is the stream? (Stage 2)
How long is the stream? (Stage 3)
Of course these config options would all be made under fancy coding words, but those are some general ideas for config options.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I think it would be a cool addition if the fire could stay present until the move ended, inwhich it would dissapate.
I was thinking about allowing the stream to produce fire, but I thought that that would be absolute hell for anyone on the ground. I didn't think about the fire dissipating after the move ends, so good idea, and I'll add it to my post.
Oh for the love of god, it's just the name of the move.

There, do you get it now?
I call it Fire Stream.
The wiki calls it Fire Stream
You don't have to call it Fire Stream

promancer

Verified Member

Not every move needs to have a utility.

promancer

Verified Member
I was thinking about allowing the stream to produce fire, but I thought that that would be absolute hell for anyone on the ground. I didn't think about the fire dissipating after the move ends, so good idea, and I'll add it to my post.
I'm looking over this now and realizing, how is this different from firebreath? And the wiki isn't necessarily always correct.

promancer

Verified Member
If you were really looking over this, you would notice that there's the growing feature, FireStream can block basic moves, and that it spreads on walls.
*Has stated all of this*
Just because I didn't say it doesn't mean I don't know it. Its called emphasis.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
*Stated* Questions are statements. I asked for clarification. That's how I know.
If your just here to start flame wars, please look at pk forum rules.
You litterally asked what was different. Then we answered your question. Then you said you already knew. Then why did you ask dumbfuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.