• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

(Fire) FireStream

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Element: Fire

Move Name: FireStream

Move Type: Offensive / Combo

Cooldown: 5.5 Second

Description: Firebenders have been shown to create continuous streams of fire, which is something that Fire lacks right now.
As I stated in the Move Type, this would be a combo. The Combo would be Fireblast (Left Click 2x) -> Fireburst (Hold Sneak) -> Blaze (Left Click)
Once you left click in your blaze slot, a stream of fire would come out in front of you, lasting for 5 at day and 4 seconds at night, dealing half a heart per second.
The firestream's particles would be fire particles and would spread out as the firestream goes out. The firestream would go as far as 6.5 blocks.
However, upon activation, it would start out as a 2 block stream, then after .5 seconds, it would expand to a 5 blocks stream. After 1 second, the stream would be at it's fullest- 6.5 blocks. You have to keep your cursor still for the firestream to grow and for it to keep it's size.

There is a catch to this though- if you move your cursor, your stream will follow, BUT the stream would restart it's growing process, starting at 2 blocks again. If a person is within the original two blocks of the firestream, they'll slowly get pushed back, (While also taking damage) FireStream's cooldown would activate after the stream is done, and you must keep your slot in blaze otherwise the stream would stop and the cooldown would activate.
If your stream hits a wall, it would spread out like so.

Anyone hit by the additional fire particles would take damage like they would from a normal firestream
EDIT 1: FireStream will now block basic attacks. Fireblast, WaterManip, IceSpike, and Earthblast will be blocked, but ONLY if those moves get hit by the original part of the firestream (The first two blocks of firestream)
EDIT 2: FireStream will now produce fire on the ground that will dissipate after firestream ends. The config will have an option for the fire to stay, though.

Canon Proof:

Last edited:

promancer

Verified Member
I pretty much did suggest firebreath as an addition, but it has a few changes.
EDIT: Added the ability to block some moves, since it IS like an extended fireblast.
Also, fire doesnt "stream". It bursts, fluxes, and can be called an inferno, but stream implies that it is liquid or semi liquid. Sorry, but, this is basically like naming a water move ice geyser: no logic. Plus, it helps take the heat of apparently copying moves over from element to element.

I think it would be a cool addition if the fire could stay present until the move ended, inwhich it would dissapate. This would allow it to be more of the 'stream' you wanted.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Also, fire doesnt "stream". It bursts, fluxes, and can be called an inferno, but stream implies that it is liquid or semi liquid. Sorry, but, this is basically like naming a water move ice geyser: no logic. Plus, it helps take the heat of apparently copying moves over from element to element.

I think it would be a cool addition if the fire could stay present until the move ended, inwhich it would dissapate. This would allow it to be more of the 'stream' you wanted.
Oh for the love of god, it's just the name of the move.

There, do you get it now?
I call it Fire Stream.
The wiki calls it Fire Stream
You don't have to call it Fire Stream

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Oh for the love of god, it's just the name of the move.

There, do you get now?
I call it Fire Stream.
The wiki calls it Fire Stream
You don't have to call it Fire Stream
I was going to suggest this too, but I realized it basically a different firebreath. I wouldnt care if this doesnt get added, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did though.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Wrong all around = right, lol. It's a suggestion, but this would make sense since your move is basically a slightly changed firebreath.
The only thing that made sense in that to me was that you said that FireStream is basically a slightly changed fireblast, which is correct. The changes I made were to add a small difficulty spike to the move, because I feel like firebreath is too add-on y to be added to the plugin without it having some amendments. By difficulty spike, I mean that Fire benders have to decide what time is appropriate to use FireStream. With the growing feature, they risk not having their opponent not receiving a lot of damage, so they would have to decide themselves if their opponent is vulnerable enough for FireStream to do the appropriate damage that they want.

NinjaK

Verified Member
What I like the most about this ability, is the satisfaction of it giving actual power, unlike most firebending moves. I would want this to be its own move, where you just hold shift, similar to firebreath. Whats different, is that it starts small, and grows as it goes further out. This just gives you this feeling of power when you use the move, which is what fire should do. I don't feel much power when shooting a fireblast, it feels weak.
It would just be a very satisfying move for a firebender to use. Plus, its one of the most essential and most used firebending abilities. Not having firestream is like not having airblast.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
What I like the most about this ability, is the satisfaction of it giving actual power, unlike most firebending moves. I would want this to be its own move, where you just hold shift, similar to firebreath. Whats different, is that it starts small, and grows as it goes further out. This just gives you this feeling of power when you use the move, which is what fire should do. I don't feel much power when shooting a fireblast, it feels weak.
It would just be a very satisfying move for a firebender to use. Plus, its one of the most essential and most used firebending abilities. Not having firestream is like not having airblast.
I'm glad to see that you like this suggestion :D

SuperBower118

Verified Member
So Surge or RaiseEarth can't protect you from the Stream? What about AirShield?
Surge and RaiseEarth can protect you- I'd think you could understand that through the spreading feature that FireStream has on walls. AirShield can protect you too. But Radical Movements are another weakness to FireStream.

Status
Not open for further replies.