• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire-bending Passive

Should this be Fire-bending's new passive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davboro

Verified Member
I see how some servers can make this overpowered. I've noticed with the new bending giving to each class(Lava bending, Combustion, etc) more and more servers have limited it to one bending style per player (without donation of course). But with a passive weak as this, it leaves fire-benders weak to attacks that launch them in the air. Maybe just a reduced fall damage, because half the fire-benders in ATLA have a sort of strong, firm form (earth-bender like) and the other half have a nimble foot form (air-bender like). In the Agni Kai between Zuko and Zhao, Zhao has heavy attacks, while Zuko gives some fast, but effective foot work at the end.
I think the last thing a firebender needs is reduced fall damage :p As a firebender, I can say that firejet is one of the most useful utility abilities, and it is at it's best when avoiding fall damage. If you time it correctly, you can land safely on the ground after being blasted into the air. Firejet could also make up for you agility idea, since it makes them incredibly fast and basically gives flight.

I do agree that fire could use a better passive, but maybe one that couldn't be taken advantage of in battle.. In the day time fire is incredibly powerful, with the addition of speed or a jump boost, they'd be nearly unstoppable. Maybe your moves would be stronger the more fire that you have surrounding you, like you're pulling the heat and energy from those fire sources and using them to help fuel your attacks. Firebending does come from breath and anger/drive(internal sources), so this could make sense.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Azula is not exactly your average firebender though... She is a prodigy after all. I personally don't see firebenders in general particularly nimble BUT I do agree that it should have a new passive - just perhaps not this.. :3
Azula is only 12, I know what you're thinking "no way" but it is true.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Shes a firebending prodigy, age was less important back then and in the ATLA world in general. If you start messing with her she will be able to murder you.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
Shes a firebending prodigy, age was less important back then and in the ATLA world in general. If you start messing with her she will be able to murder you.
It doesn't mean that we couldn't make the average Minecrafter have the capability of Azula. C'mon, this is minecraft and we gotta make the community happy.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It doesn't mean that we couldn't make the average Minecrafter have the capability of Azula. C'mon, this is minecraft and we gotta make the community happy.
I wasn't posting either way, I was just responding to the post about her age :p

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I don't think Azula was twelve... Zuko was 15 in the first season, and I thought that Azula was older than him. Either way, the series spans three years at least. If you remember from the episode were Zuko is finally permitted to enter the fire nation again, those old women say "after three long years your hero has returned!!"

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure Azula was 14. I mean, it would make sense. When Zuko was first born, Ozai thought he couldn't bend, so he didn't want him. He'd probably have his next baby as soon as possible after. So mostly likely Azula is 14-15. Assuming Zuko was 16.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I'm pretty sure Azula was 14. I mean, it would make sense. When Zuko was first born, Ozai thought he couldn't bend, so he didn't want him. He'd probably have his next baby as soon as possible after. So mostly likely Azula is 14-15. Assuming Zuko was 16.
I actually didn't know that Ozai thought Zuko couldn't bend., what episode was that in?

cookiem42

Verified Member
It was in the comics about zuko may not being a bender. and yes Azula was 14 in season 3. Pretty much every bender was very physically fit. They needed to be to actually bend.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
Wait, I really really want to read that comic now, I read "The Lost Adventures" but I don't remember that. What was it called?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
maybe, when you're on fire, fire appears around you in a 1 block radius...? ._. Represents bending the fire away from you...? ._. It probably sucks but just saying... :D

astraelis7

Verified Member
Yup Azula is 14 at the time of Sozin's Comet, same as Katara. Sokka was 15 and Zuko 16, Toph and Aang are 12

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
It was in the comics about zuko may not being a bender. and yes Azula was 14 in season 3. Pretty much every bender was very physically fit. They needed to be to actually bend.
Okay ahem stop right there friend, Iroh was one of the most badass firebenders of all time, and he wasn't fit that often. I'll quote him here: "Firebending is in the breath, not the muscle."

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Okay ahem stop right there friend, Iroh was one of the most badass firebenders of all time, and he wasn't fit that often. I'll quote him here: "Firebending is in the breath, not the muscle."
Even so, you need to be strong and fit to be able to keep up all the active movements. Plus, even Iroh, at such an old age, was extremely fit.

cookiem42

Verified Member
1. I said most. 2. Did you notice how strong Iroh got after he spent time working out in prison 3. It needs proper breath movements, but ever notice all Zuko's moves. It involves tons of movement, can't move a lot if you're extremely overweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.