• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire/Air Combo Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
Since combos are now becoming a part of the default plugin, I thought I'd share a few different ideas for new Fire/Air combos. Tell me what you think.

Fire

FirePulse: A mid-ranged puff of fire is blasted forwards, similar to a miniature FireBurst - deals decent knockback, low damage, and ignites target.
FireBlast > FireBlast > Switch to FireBurst > (Hold Shift) > Click

FlameSlash: A horizontal, crescent shaped blade of fire is launched forwards - mid/long range, decent damage, does not ignite target. Is able to slice through/destroy a limited number of weaker blocks.
FireBurst (Tap) > FireBurst (Tap) > Blaze (Click)

Air

Airwheel: The user is surrounded by a spinning wheel of air, allowing for quick movement - destroys weaker attacks that hit it - knocks up any target that is ran into.
AirShield (Hold Shift) > (Right click a block in front of you twice) > Use Airscooter

WindScythe: A strong, vertical slash of air - deals high damage and knockback. Is able to slice through/destroy a limited number of weaker blocks. (Credit to TheSkyKing for the idea!)
Airshield (Tap) > Airswipe (Tap) > (Hold Shift) > Airswipe

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Windsythe seems kinda op to me. It has the exact same combo as fire kick, can destroy blocks, and does lots of damage. The reason why people think fire kick does a lot of damage is because it is spam able.

Air wheel is not that bad, but I thought I saw a suggestion for somthing similar a while ago. Not going to scream plagiarism because this is at least mostly original and you are coming up with the combos.

Fire Pulse seems like somthing I won't use. You don't seem like you firebend much. Firebending is partically effective at close range. Less knockback the better.

Fire needs more long range moves, so flame slash is decent for it's long range.

Last edited:

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
Windsythe seems kinda op to me. It has the exact same combo as fire kick, can destroy blocks, and does lots of damage. The reason why people think fire kick does a lot of damage is because it is spam able.

Air wheel is not that bad, but I thought I saw a suggestion for somthing similar a while ago. Not going to scream plagiarism because this is at least mostly original and you are coming up with the combos.

Fire Pulse seems like somthing I won't use. You might, but I won't.
You might be right about WindScythe being a tad OP, but the combo for it is not the same as firekick. It has 5 total inputs, not 4. Still, maybe the combo could be longer. These are just ideas though. I would be happy if the devs added my suggestions at all, so I certainly wouldn't mind if they did a bit of tweaking.

And I personally think FirePulse would be very useful. It's a good balance between firekick and fireblast - medium range, extremely easy to hit. It would probably do like a heart and a half + burning, which is decent for such an easily hit-able attack.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Since combos are now becoming a part of the default plugin, I thought I'd share a few different ideas for new Fire/Air combos. Tell me what you think.

Fire

FirePulse: A mid-ranged puff of fire is blasted forwards, similar to a miniature FireBurst - deals decent knockback, low damage, and ignites target.
FireBlast > FireBlast > Switch to FireBurst > (Hold Shift) > Click

FlameSlash: A horizontal, crescent shaped blade of fire is launched forwards - mid/long range, decent damage, does not ignite target. Is able to slice through/destroy a limited number of weaker blocks.
FireBurst (Tap) > FireBurst (Tap) > Blaze (Click)

Air

Airwheel: The user is surrounded by a spinning wheel of air, allowing for quick movement - destroys weaker attacks that hit it - knocks up any target that is ran into.
AirShield (Hold Shift) > (Right click a block in front of you twice) > Use Airscooter

WindScythe: A strong, vertical slash of air - deals high damage and knockback. Is able to slice through/destroy a limited number of weaker blocks.
Airshield (Tap) > Airswipe (Tap) > (Hold Shift) > Airswipe
I suggested the move wind sycthe awhile ago as an individual move but I really like the idea of putting it into a combo.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Combos for air and fire is good and all of that, but how are you going to tackle earth and water combos, not to mention, chi ones? For water and earth you'd need to select a source I'd imagine, making it trickier to make combos with them.

owlcool

Verified Member
You might be right about WindScythe being a tad OP, but the combo for it is not the same as firekick. It has 5 total inputs, not 4. Still, maybe the combo could be longer. These are just ideas though. I would be happy if the devs added my suggestions at all, so I certainly wouldn't mind if they did a bit of tweaking.

And I personally think FirePulse would be very useful. It's a good balance between firekick and fireblast - medium range, extremely easy to hit. It would probably do like a heart and a half + burning, which is decent for such an easily hit-able attack.
Read my edit.
Combos for air and fire is good and all of that, but how are you going to tackle earth and water combos, not to mention, chi ones? For water and earth you'd need to select a source I'd imagine, making it trickier to make combos with them.
You are off topic. If you have some combos to give, make a thread and suggest them.

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I suggested the move wind sycthe awhile ago as an individual move but I really like the idea of putting it into a combo.
Strange. While I was writing I was under the impression that WindScythe was my own idea, when I'm pretty sure I got the idea from your thread. Sorry about that, I'll give you some credit~
Read my edit.
Weird, I personally feel Firebending is much more effective at long range, at least during the day. Charged fireblast, lightning, and combustion all have a rather large range. I use Firebending far more than any other element, and I personally prefer to keep my distance, attacking from a decent range until going in for the kill. I guess it's perfectly fine to have your own style though. Whatever works.

Davboro

Verified Member
You don't seem like you firebend much.
"You don't seem like you firebend much."

M8, WOT?!? This sitzpinker, Vin, that you're talkin' to JUST SO HAPPENS to be the best ded-gum firebender this ded-gum Earth has ever seen't, boy! I 'oughta learn you for that one. :mad:

(continues to ramble in Schvin embarrassment mode)

owlcool

Verified Member
Strange. While I was writing I was under the impression that WindScythe was my own idea, when I'm pretty sure I got the idea from your thread. Sorry about that, I'll give you some credit~

Weird, I personally feel Firebending is much more effective at long range, at least during the day. Charged fireblast, lightning, and combustion all have a rather large range. I use Firebending far more than any other element, and I personally prefer to keep my distance, attacking from a decent range until going in for the kill. I guess it's perfectly fine to have your own style though. Whatever works.
How does combustion freaking have a long range? It has a range of like 5 blocks.

Davboro

Verified Member
You can only see the animation for about 5-8 blocks ahead of you, but the move itself has quite a bit of reach

Status
Not open for further replies.