• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Enter the void

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
Kinda a fly variation but requires more time to do, 1st this starts as an ability where you would click and get like air particles around you for 30 seconds, but here's the twist, once that happens you have to be near the minecraft void and say "Release your earthly tethers and enter the void" After saying that, you can fly for say 1 minecraft day (20 mins) and depending on how much stuff you have in your inventory depends on how high you can actually go.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
In LoK, it didn't have anything to do with an actual void. Zaheer was able to fly with the death of his girlfriend, P'li, becuase he no longer had any earthly tethers a.k.a. emotional and material attachments.
It's a good concept but one doesn't actually have to say anything or fall off a cliff, realistically. In the show, it also involved much meditation aside from letting go of earthly tethers.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
In LoK, it didn't have anything to do with an actual void. Zaheer was able to fly with the death of his girlfriend, P'li, becuase he no longer had any earthly tethers a.k.a. emotional and material attachments.
It's a good concept but one doesn't actually have to say anything or fall off a cliff, realistically. In the show, it also involved much meditation aside from letting go of earthly tethers.
Yes, I know, but it'd balance it out much more. also it doesn't all have to be canon.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
You make a move, that isnt canon. Tell me if you survive or not.
I meant this move isn't entirely canon, but again, airbenders would be running around flying everywhere n crap, so we need to nerf it so they HAVE to work to get access to their flight, and their "untethering" is letting go of the earthly tethers (your materialistic items) to get a stronger flight power.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I have a couple of thoughts on this.
1. Only two people have ever done it. I know the same argument could be made about combustion, but they were less than 70 years a part. There were 3,900 years separating Laghima and Zaheer. Not to mention Zaheer was locked in prison for 13 years and after P'li died he had nothing.
2. You can't have anything binding you to the world. You can't have any possessions. Not a single item in your inventory.

My final thoughts on the best way to do this would be for server owners to do /fly on people they feel are worthy enough.

jedk1

I have a couple of thoughts on this.
1. Only two people have ever done it. I know the same argument could be made about combustion, but they were less than 70 years a part. There were 3,900 years separating Laghima and Zaheer. Not to mention Zaheer was locked in prison for 13 years and after P'li died he had nothing.
2. You can't have anything binding you to the world. You can't have any possessions. Not a single item in your inventory.

My final thoughts on the best way to do this would be for server owners to do /fly on people they feel are worthy enough.
Or just let donators have /fly

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
*facepalm* you guys aren't getting the point, it DOESN'T have to be canon, and just giving people /fly seems boring, and what about things that "bind" you to the earth like gold,iron,diamonds and stuff as people in minecraft value them and wouldn't want to just get rid of them.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
it DOESN'T have to be canon
Lol

But it does have to make sense. Extraction, the move for metalbending to extract ores out of stone, was never in the series either, but it can be speculated that a metalbender could easily do that.

Void is not realistic. If you need it to be more difficult, there are other ways.

jedk1

I just realised a massive plot hole with the title. you cant enter the void. you cant mine bedrock. + if you entered the void you'd just land on top of the nether.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I just realised a massive plot hole with the title. you cant enter the void. you cant mine bedrock. + if you entered the void you'd just land on top of the nether.
How would you enter the nether?

Nicky0915

Verified Member
While I don't like the original idea of the move, the changes made to it by the rest of you have made it more BEARable. ha. haha. Anyways, a move that not only requires your inventory your inventory to be empty, but actually clears your inventory forcefully on use. Zaheer never chose to lose P'li, it was just a course of events. "I never chose to lose my god armor, but to live I had to.' Amazing idea. Why isn't this a thing? I mean, completely remove AirGlide and use the same particles in the same position as AirGlide. Basically an AirGlide that allows flight xD. Anyways, come on.

xX_FireGaming_Xx

Verified Member
Kinda a fly variation but requires more time to do, 1st this starts as an ability where you would click and get like air particles around you for 30 seconds, but here's the twist, once that happens you have to be near the minecraft void and say "Release your earthly tethers and enter the void" After saying that, you can fly for say 1 minecraft day (20 mins) and depending on how much stuff you have in your inventory depends on how high you can actually go.
of just left click and have speed + flying for until you left click again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.