• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion EarthSmash - Many Changes Needed

xNuminousx

Verified Member
CanFly: true/false
This is already a thing.

CanFlyInArches (meaning, like in the course of a rainbow-shape, If the above happens to be 'true' obviously): true/false
I think instead of calling it "CanFlyInArches" call it "SmoothFly: true/false"
Smooth fly true = Flying as if you were an airbender on a boulder.
Smooth fly false = More rigid, gravity obeying mode of transportation for EarthSmash. AKA This move will not defy gravity like it currently is.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I honestly do not know why you should even remotely leave the ground with a boulder. It's extremely un-earth like. It'd be like if Fire got a passive where they don't take fall damage if they land in a patch of fire blocks.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I honestly do not know why you should even remotely leave the ground with a boulder. It's extremely un-earth like. It'd be like if Fire got a passive where they don't take fall damage if they land in a patch of fire blocks.
Well I'm sure all of the logic we've provided in this thread can answer this.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
It is just plain weird though. Imagine Ming-hua, on a similar note, used the waterball thing to fly, on herself rather to pick Biolin out of the water :|

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If she used it to "fly" that's what I'm saying. Like you said, if she were to use it to fly it'd look like waterwave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If she used it to "fly" that's what I'm saying. Like you said, if she were to use it to fly it'd look like waterwave
Comparing waterwave to earthsmash/waterball would be like.... Well... They aren't just the same one thing. One is lengthy, other is a marble shape.

Throwing a ball in the air vs pressing a spring toy until it expands without dispatching from the ground are just two different phenomenons and shapes. "Throwing a ball in the air" while the user is in it, it just screams un-earth and un-water like respectively.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
You used it as an example, not me.... The "flying waterball" thing would just be a different look to waterwave.

And I'm still not seeing why an earthbenders would not be able to manipulate the earth beneath them to propel them forward (similar to catapult) but instead of leaving the earth on the ground, bringing it with them as a sort of "ammunition"

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I just look at it from what canon sides takes earthbending as earthbending. Catapult is there, because is canon. RockSlide isn't there, but it is canon. EarthSmash is there, but it ain't canon. I'm just sticking and siding with the canon lore. I guess it's pointless argue, and I can only just say "to each their own I guess".

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Earth Smash is canon, maybe not the flying part.

I actually just had an idea about how EarthSmash flight can be made canon...

Remember when Toph first discovered metalbending? She locked those two dingbats in the cage and then she used an earthbending move to get to Ba Sing Se quickly. I'm on my phone right now so searching for a gif would be difficult, but maybe someone else could. It looked similar to EarthSmash in its spherical form. Only instead of leaving the ground, it stayed connected and allowed her to "ride the wave of earth"

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Remember when Toph first discovered metalbending? She locked those two dingbats in the cage and then she used an earthbending move to get to Ba Sing Se quickly. I'm on my phone right now so searching for a gif would be difficult, but maybe someone else could. It looked similar to EarthSmash in its spherical form. Only instead of leaving the ground, it stayed connected and allowed her to "ride the wave of earth"
That's what I was suggesting the whole time. Reading the original post, and click the link to "EarthWave".

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I actually just had an idea about how EarthSmash flight can be made canon...

I still stand by being able to shoot yourself up with EarthSmash
You change my mind so quickly, lol.

P.S. Here's the link: http://projectkorra.com/threads/earthwave-resuggestion.5701/