• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earthsmash Counter

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
There could be counts of some sorts how many times the opponent can counter-collapse the player's/players' earthbending abilities. Would that be balanced ; Does this classify as a reform.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

NickC1211

Verified Member
I'm denying this, but it doesn't mean we won't implement it in the future. Read below:

This is not something that can be added for just one move. This is a system that needs to be in place for the entire skill set of Earthbending and it would not work unless we redesigned all of Earth's abilities to fit this play style. We cannot just add instant counter / blocks to a move that's this easily without having some sort of reform to other abilities to balance the counter out - which then means the entirety of Earthbending needs to be changed. Personally, I would love Earthbending to be this back and forth defensive element, but as Earth stands in the plugin right now; it's not possible.

- Left open for further discussion.
I get what you're saying and I could easily see this becoming a new earthbending mechanic. The same mechanic could apply for breaking raiseearth walls or earthblast.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's nice to earth. It's more convenient to just tear a hole in a wall instead of collapsing, because it's more safer and discourages or makes it harder for the opponent to shield again ;)