• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Earthpush

Thomas Hernandez

Verified Member

This is a key earthbending move that is lacking in ProjectKorra and I think would be really fun and great to have.

Lots of earthbenders often push big walls and rocks at their enemies, especially Toph, it was a key to her fighting style. The way this could be used in game is that when a player clicks at some earth that doesn't have anything in front of it it all moves forward really fast pushing away enemies, dealing damage, and not stoping until it hits something (blocks). Shifting would do this to all the blocks around a player.

This would make moves like earthgrab and earthrise much more useful as well, you bring up walls and then push your enemies away with them.

Madocean

Verified Member

This is a key earthbending move that is lacking in ProjectKorra and I think would be really fun and great to have.

Lots of earthbenders often push big walls and rocks at their enemies, especially Toph, it was a key to her fighting style. The way this could be used in game is that when a player clicks at some earth that doesn't have anything in front of it it all moves forward really fast pushing away enemies, dealing damage, and not stoping until it hits something (blocks). Shifting would do this to all the blocks around a player.

This would make moves like earthgrab and earthrise much more useful as well, you bring up walls and then push your enemies away with them.

This is one of my favorite suggestions so far, my friend and I are just begginging to develope earth concepts today, this is 100000% going in the pot.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Honestly what Toph did was shockwave. That's it. When they were running towards toph, she charge shockwave to push them away. That's it. What's the point of having Earthpush besides justs for aeshtetic looks?

Madocean

Verified Member
Honestly what Toph did was shockwave. That's it. When they were running towards toph, she charge shockwave to push them away. That's it. What's the point of having Earthpush besides justs for aeshtetic looks?
Shockwave = on the ground :p

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
To your argument. Shockwave is used on the ground. That's what toph did.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

NickC1211

Verified Member
I like this suggestion a lot it builds off the just pushing raiseearth to pushing any sort of earth and I love it

Madocean

Verified Member
I'm not getting it though. It this a fancier earthast or a shortcut to shockwave without chargetime? o_O
It wouldnt deal significant damage, maybe vel damage if it forced you into a wall? But it's mostly just for defensive purposes, whereas shockwave is more offensive and requires significant charging time

NickC1211

Verified Member
It wouldnt deal significant damage, maybe vel damage if it forced you into a wall? But it's mostly just for defensive purposes, whereas shockwave is more offensive and requires significant charging time
It's less of actual purpose and more of just it makes sense that an earthbender should be able to shoot earth that is just sitting there, especially if it is like a wall or pillar.

Madocean

Verified Member
It's less of actual purpose and more of just it makes sense that an earthbender should be able to shoot earth that is just sitting there, especially if it is like a wall or pillar.
Right, but it could add greatly to the utility of just, all earthbending.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So RaiseEarth throw? I do have opinion on, but I won't keep on repeating of that because this was suggested billion of times.

NickC1211

Verified Member
So RaiseEarth throw? I do have opinion on, but I won't keep on repeating of that because this was suggested billion of times.

Well he's not just suggesting raiseearth he is suggesting any earth without something infront of it can be shot which would be cool to add to earthbending.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Could be entented to EarthSmash. As long as it doesn't over exceed 3x3x3 (throwing a full raiseearth wall by default dimensions would kinda be op).

NickC1211

Verified Member
Could be entented to EarthSmash. As long as it doesn't over exceed 3x3x3 (throwing a full raiseearth wall by default dimensions would kinda be op).
I agree that's why when I suggested it it was just throwing the pillar but maybe any earth that doesn't exceed 3x3x3, is connected, and has nothing infront of it can be thrown

Madocean

Verified Member
I do like this idea, although the activation seems to me a bit too simple to what an ability like this could do.
Yeah, I'm currently toying with the notion of multi step activation vs combo. Multi-step could grant more variability to the move's utility whereas combos can do the same thing, but kind of make it useless as a lone-standing ability. I dunno. The whole earthsmash thing tho, I don't really like that idea because the move is about pushing entire structures rather than chunks. I'd certainly like to see a move that shoots chunks of structures because that's been shown a multitude of times , and could really add to the depth of Earth's defensive position.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I hope you don't mean to change it into one of those MultiAbilityAPI thingies. EarthPush is too simple to have that (it would just overcomplicate things).

Thomas Hernandez

Verified Member
Neither, it pushes raise earth or any earth. Like this you can dive behind a small hill and send it towards your enemy! Shockwave leaves no effect on the ground, this does. And earthsmash lifts up a block instead of pushing a wall.