• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
EarthGrab should be switched to teammoves, because it is so un-canoon for the just one person to create a large free space circle barrier around him, with just one click. This is how it should be: Two players must stand agaisnt, not facing other while there backs are touching each ones. Then one of two players uses RaiseEarth (the shift alternative) infront of him. The second one then performs a RaiseEarth infront of him after the first player. If they did this all throught while staying in their position, their raiseearths would turn into earthgrab, by bending their ends over into crescents and connecting each of the tails to another walls facing tail. Should look like something like this:
I'll think of another move or a combo, that would be an exchange for EarthGrab. EarthGrabbing others is so useless and a problem for waterbenders, which I think it would be best to get rid off.
Therefore, I suggest a replacement to earthgrab ability. I introduce you to...
Name: EarthGrip
Element: Earth
Type: Defensive
Purpose/Function:
Left Click at your choosen target.
If the ground you are standing on is earthbendable, an earth block would emerge from the ground, being lifted one block up, and travel along the ground to the target, otherwise the ability won't work.
The Block would leave a trace of one block empty space below the bottom of the traveling block.
After it reaches the user's desired target, the blocks would them sprout from the ground, a shape of a square, by 1 block weidth and tall, trapping the user.
The targets feet would be binded to a block inside of the square ring. A half blocks would appear on the top of the square ring's blocks. The Target would be traped in the grib for 5-7 seconds.
The Traveling blocks would travel up to 15 blocks and would stop when it reaches not earthbendable block.
CoolDown would be equal to the regular EarthGrab
Canon:
(00:56-58)
In-Game Gifs:

Additional information:
  • Traveling Block can be destroyable before it approaching its target, by colliding it with airblast, torrent, charge fireblast earthblast. It can be either be stopped by placing earthsmash infront of it, freezing his path (torrent/surge), airbursted, airshield, collapsed, raiseearth.

Glossary:
Traveling Block: EarthGribs block that is launched to a specific player/mob that upon its hit encompass that being into a cell.
Cell: A structure build out of blocks by the EarthGrib, which traps the being in it and has special effects that restricts the player to bend and move.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
If the target is in motion, like running, the EarthGrib the Earthbender summoned would be glitched, since it is only two blocks radius, and the opponent could go through the summoned blocks. It is just like when you FrostBreath someone (sorry the call of this ability in here) and they can get out of ice because it just touch them a little.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Is the name supposed to be Earthgrip, or...?
EarthGrib.
grip 1
(grĭp)
n.
a.
A tight hold; a firm grasp: a drowning swimmer now safely in the grip of a lifeguard.
b. The pressure or strength of such a grasp: a wrestler with an unmatched grip.
c. A manner of grasping and holding: The crate afforded no comfortable grip.
v. gripped, grip·ping, grips
v.tr.
1. To secure and maintain a tight hold on; seize firmly.
2. To hold the interest or attention of: a scene that gripped the entire audience.
v.intr.
To maintain a secure grasp.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Again..... YOU DIDN'T TAG ME! ;-; I love this move!!! But how the hell did you get the name "EarthGrib"? o_O
I could have tagged everyone, including you, but he needs to check this out to what change I had mind to tell him. Other then that reason, mist had a complaint on how we tag people to only bring their attention on threads for them to see, so I might just stop doing that.But atleast I have tagged you couple of times before in a few threads, so is that ok? Does it satisfies you? :3

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I could have tagged everyone, i including you, but he needs to check this out to what change I had mind to tell him.
When to tag:
- You and someone else collaborated on something cool -- you want people to know who did it and allow people to see their profile.
- You're giving someone a considerable mention for something. For example: "@@MistPhizzle did a great job on this, thanks!"

When not to tag:
- When you open a new thread and you want people to see it. Believe it or not, there is a place to check for new posts and new posts automatically show in bold. You don't have to point them out to anyone. If you post a suggestion and then go on to tag every Concept Designer it is not only irritating (because of the email they get every time they are tagged), but it's also repetitive. Concept Designers are already required to go through suggestions on a daily basis. Someone will see your thread -- you don't have to tag them.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Very cool idea. Would be great to see implemented. :D

Still don't get the name EarthGrib though but that's fine XD

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
EarthGrib.
grip 1
(grĭp)
n.
a.
A tight hold; a firm grasp: a drowning swimmer now safely in the grip of a lifeguard.
b. The pressure or strength of such a grasp: a wrestler with an unmatched grip.
c. A manner of grasping and holding: The crate afforded no comfortable grip.
v. gripped, grip·ping, grips
v.tr.
1. To secure and maintain a tight hold on; seize firmly.
2. To hold the interest or attention of: a scene that gripped the entire audience.
v.intr.
To maintain a secure grasp.
That says grip

Janny

Verified Member
"When to tag:
- You and someone else collaborated on something cool -- you want people to know who did it and allow people to see their profile.
- You're giving someone a considerable mention for something. For example: "@@MistPhizzle did a great job on this, thanks!"

When not to tag:
- When you open a new thread and you want people to see it. Believe it or not, there is a place to check for new posts and new posts automatically show in bold. You don't have to point them out to anyone. If you post a suggestion and then go on to tag every Concept Designer it is not only irritating (because of the email they get every time they are tagged), but it's also repetitive. Concept Designers are already required to go through suggestions on a daily basis. Someone will see your thread -- you don't have to tag them." ~MistPhizzle

Someone please link me to the thread MistPhizzle said this in.

jedk1

"When to tag:

When not to tag:
- When you open a new thread and you want people to see it. Believe it or not, there is a place to check for new posts and new posts automatically show in bold. You don't have to point them out to anyone. If you post a suggestion and then go on to tag every Concept Designer it is not only irritating (because of the email they get every time they are tagged), but it's also repetitive. Concept Designers are already required to go through suggestions on a daily basis. Someone will see your thread -- you don't have to tag them." ~MistPhizzle

Someone please link me to the thread MistPhizzle said this in.
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/lets-discuss-forum-etiquette.3258/

HydroMan

Verified Member
Therefore, I suggest a replacement to earthgrab ability. I introduce you to...
Name: EarthGrip
Element: Earth
Type: Defensive
Purpose/Function:
Left Click at your choosen target.
If the ground you are standing on is earthbendable, an earth block would emerge from the ground, being lifted one block up, and travel along the ground to the target, otherwise the ability won't work.
The Block would leave a trace of one block empty space below the bottom of the traveling block.
After it reaches the user's desired target, the blocks would them sprout from the ground, a shape of a square, by 1 block weidth and tall, trapping the user.
The targets feet would be binded to a block inside of the square ring. A half blocks would appear on the top of the square ring's blocks. The Target would be traped in the grib for 5-7 seconds.
The Traveling blocks would travel up to 15 blocks and would stop when it reaches not earthbendable block.
CoolDown would be equal to the regular EarthGrab
Canon:
(07:10-12)

Glossary:
Traveling Block: EarthGribs block that is launched to a specific player/mob that upon its hit encompass that being into a cell.
Cell: A structure build out of blocks by the EarthGrib, which traps the being in it and has special effects that restricts the player to bend or even move.

Status
Not open for further replies.