• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete EarthGrab Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Ability: EarthGrab de-buff.
This has not been shown in the show, but it makes sense and earth grab was not shown that much anyway. It needs a cool down to prevent spammers of that move. Here is what I hate. Someone earthgrabs you to lava flow you as a Firebender. You fire jet out and take slight fall damage. Then immediately after they earth grab you again and lavaflow you. You can't get out because of the cool down of firejet, and die. It needs like a 5 to 10 second cooldown at least.

owlcool

Verified Member
Earthgrab is a complicated move. Remember Toph telling Aang not to pull Sokka out of the hole because he might crush him? This is one of the most complicated moves earthbenders have. And it has no cooldown. I rest my case.

masterkael

Verified Member
because then most people wont use it. from what i can tell we dont use it much even now and a cool down will make people less likely to use it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Slight edit that I forgot to add. It does not have the cool down when protecting yourself, like shifting down on yourself, unless someone else is Inside it with you, to prevent earth benders from doing the same thing but catapulting out.

Majorite

Verified Member
I disagree. This is strategical for Earthbenders Vs Firebenders/Waterbenders (depends on the land.) Firebenders are the only people that cannot continually escape EarthGrab. That is a Firebenders weakness to Earthbenders. It is similar with HeatControl being able to get rid of a waterbender's snow or Waterbenders being able to put out a firebender's flames. It helps balance out the elements.

owlcool

Verified Member
I disagree. This is strategical for Earthbenders Vs Firebenders/Waterbenders (depends on the land.) Firebenders are the only people that cannot continually escape EarthGrab. That is a Firebenders weakness to Earthbenders. It is similar with HeatControl being able to get rid of a waterbender's snow or Waterbenders being able to put out a firebender's flames. It helps balance out the elements.
Wait a second, on a unrelated note how are waterbender able to put out a firebender flames like you say? I thought the second a water move hit a move or a block of fire that it dissapeared? Or are you just saying them putting them self off fire with with surge?

Majorite

Verified Member
If you turn Surge into its shield and water form, you can put out fire by moving it around on the fireblocks.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Earthgrab is a complicated move. Remember Toph telling Aang not to pull Sokka out of the hole because he might crush him? This is one of the most complicated moves earthbenders have. And it has no cooldown. I rest my case.
The Toph telling Aang not to has nothing to do with earthgrab.. Sokka was in a hole, and Aang had literally JUST learned how to earthbend.. Toph was afraid Aang would just accidentally squash him or shoot him up in the air..

V

Vidcom

Unless you're fighting in a purely stone environment, I don't see why you can't just break down the wall...

V

Vidcom

I mean if you are, fair dos, but I wouldn't expect to win a fight against an earthbender in a pure stone environment anyway :p

owlcool

Verified Member
So how are water benders supposed to continually escape earth grab? Make it so that it had no snow, bottles are allowed. And since earth benders can just collapse earth after they lava flow it, using surge to go up the wall does not count.

Blockkkster

Verified Member
So how are water benders supposed to continually escape earth grab? Make it so that it had no snow, bottles are allowed. And since earth benders can just collapse earth after they lava flow it, using surge to go up the wall does not count.
Water benders are the only ones that are screwed by this unless they have a bottle. It's their fault for straying too far from water anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.