• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Earthdrill

alxpers

The Earthking on [Do not advertise servers] (_Theorizer) and I were talking about making a move called Earthdrill. Its a mobility move for earthbenders, the gist is just like water benders can do that fast swim well earthbenders can do that underground. This would be a combo though and it would only last for 5 seconds. The moves to use would be Earthsurf and Earthtunnel. I think it sounds like a cool and fun move from an earth benders perspective.

If you can do it underground, it's like swiftswim, and it lasts five seconds... Wouldn't the player suffocate and die underground if they were unable to reach the surface in time?

Or am I just not getting this.

alxpers

If you can do it underground, it's like swiftswim, and it lasts five seconds... Wouldn't the player suffocate and die underground if they were unable to reach the surface in time?

Or am I just not getting this.[/QUOT

Well like I said the combo would use eartunnel in it so it would be like a fast eartunnel so they can't suffocate.

Too mobile for Earth... Although, it is not like like somebody care by this my remark, since they want to keep waterbenders too mobile on land (like wtf? Bias much @Loony). I do feel like it would be neat If an earthbender could create a hole below themselves (on others) with the via collapse left click. The Idea of "like fast swim" speaks for itself that it makes a rip-off from another element and that's why it ain't unique--

And yeah, while Air&Water Spout abilities contradict my point, those two are a valid exceptions because they are canon and provide a balance mobility in their respective enviroment. TBH, I think the canon part is important and its quantity of how many times this suggested combo technique was shown, and If my memory serves me well: I'd say the number is weak.

The Concept of earthbending is to be rooted to the ground, and be like the rock: unmovable. Which is why this bend art is opposite to air, which nomads often utilize "avoid and evade" as they're pacifists. Even toph stressed it out to aang during their training. If we give them this combo, than it is unbalance element.

And I'm NOT saying earthbending as of right right is perfect on its mobile side (thought that isn't only, but that 'll be for another talk), but your given would just worsen it more. Like hello, earthsmash can friken fly the user helicopter fashion.... like FLY???!? o_O. That's not how it was portrayed in the show, and it doesn't make sense, since it creates the Carry-yourself-by-pulling-rope-from-you paradox.

Last edited:

alxpers

Too mobile for Earth... Although, it is not like like somebody care by this my remark, since they want to keep waterbenders too mobile on land (like wtf? Bias much @Loony). I do feel like it would be neat If an earthbender could create a hole below themselves (on others) with the via collapse left click. The Idea of "like fast swim" speaks for itself that it makes a rip-off from another element and that's why it ain't unique--

And yeah, while Air&Water Spout abilities contradict my point, those two are a valid exceptions because they are canon and provide a balance mobility in their respective enviroment. TBH, I think the canon part is important and its quantity of how many times this suggested combo technique was shown, and If my memory serves me well: I'd say the number is weak.

The Concept of earthbending is to be rooted to the ground, and be like the rock: unmovable. Which is why this bend art is opposite to air, which nomads often utilize "avoid and evade" as they're pacifists. Even toph stressed it out to aang during their training. If we give them this combo, than it is unbalance element.

And I'm NOT saying earthbending as of right right is perfect on its mobile side (thought that isn't only, but that 'll be for another talk), but your given would just worsen it more. Like hello, earthsmash can friken fly the user helicopter fashion.... like FLY???!? o_O. That's not how it was portrayed in the show, and it doesn't make sense, since it creates the Carry-yourself-by-pulling-rope-from-you paradox.
Ok

Also, do not the advertise the name of the server (that goes against the forum rules). And speaking of earthtunnel and that server: its revert settins are to QUICK in there. I can't not earthtunnel with my friends without them getting squashed every second or two. Arghh! @Loony ??? (perhaps you could code it so it affects the blocks to not revert in the user's radius while the bind is selected, at least if you don't consider increasing revert a bit)

Loony

Can't recall what you're referencing but regardless, doesn't seem like it belongs on this thread

Also, do not the advertise the name of the server (that goes against the forum rules). And speaking of earthtunnel and that server: its revert settins are to QUICK in there. I can't not earthtunnel with my friends without them getting squashed every second or two. Arghh! @Loony ??? (perhaps you could code it so it affects the blocks to not revert in the user's radius while the bind is selected, at least if you don't consider increasing revert a bit)
I'm not sure why you're tagging a concept designer telling them to code

It doesn't mean I think waterbenders should be extremely mobile all the time, as I said in the thread, it was a poor concept.
Uhhh, wanna discuss that over pm? I'll like to go into debate and not go off-topic here. I can (try to) improve the suggestion, but I need details what you find poor in it.

alxpers

K sry I didn't know

Yeah, just replace it with "E********", so that people can get the idea if they recognize the server by initial letter covered with censored letters that matches the word's number length.

Loony

The Earthking on Elementum (_Theorizer) and I were talking about making a move called Earthdrill. Its a mobility move for earthbenders, the gist is just like water benders can do that fast swim well earthbenders can do that underground. This would be a combo though and it would only last for 5 seconds. The moves to use would be Earthsurf and Earthtunnel. I think it sounds like a cool and fun move from an earth benders perspective.
Back on topic; I like this suggestion. Looking into!

(I think server names are allowed)

But this suggestion is canon? Bumi did it in the episode where he battled Aang... and you did say being canon is important!

*is late*
Ah Ok. I prefer EarthSmash (with it's flight mode removed) to be a charge move of earthblast and implant EarthSurf/RockSlide. With that in mind, earthtunnel + in conjuction uses earthtunnel (you would be able to still continue on waving as your burrowing the blocks in your wake simultaniously) :) .