• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthbending Passive Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction:
As we all know, when an earthbender falls on an earthbenable block, they do not take fall damage; instead, the earth they fall on changes to sand. I believe we can change this.

My proposal:
When an earthbender falls on an earthbendable block, the blocks shouldn't change to sand, instead, it should sink the earthbendable blocks by 1 block. Then revertearth config will revert the sunken blocks back to their original form.

Still Confused?
Video canon below:
http://ytcropper.com/cropped/m356acebaae4636

Last edited:

Green

Earth changes to sand because the bender changes it to sand to reduce fall damage tremendously. May be it should cange to sand and go one block down too? Earth benders are still human and they can't just fall from large heights and be fine, they have to have a way to reduce the damage done by falling, they can't just fall and somehow turn invincible to make a hole in the earth.... This doesn't make any sense.

Earth changes to sand because the bender changes it to sand to reduce fall damage tremendously. May be it should cange to sand and go one block down too? Earth benders are still human and they can't just fall from large heights and be fine, they have to have a way to reduce the damage done by falling, they can't just fall and somehow turn invincible to make a hole in the earth.... This doesn't make any sense.
Buddy, the video I provided canon proof that Toph jumped onto the earth but created a crater when she landed to reduce fall. It's exactly like sand, sand is used to indicate no fall damage because you sink in the earth to not take fall damage. No earthbender was shown to create sand from plain dirt to use as a "landing pad". Plus, it makes no scientific and logical sense to get sand from earth. Yes, sure sand is earth, but how do you transform earth to sand without even any motion at all except stomping on the earth when you land.

Green

Your point of changing earth to sand doesn't make any sense... How do you change earth to lava then? Answer that.

Varni1

Sand is a material that often sinks people. It's small grains. The solid ground is hard to fall on, and converting it to sand will make an earthbender's fall 'lighter'

Your point of changing earth to sand doesn't make any sense... How do you change earth to lava then? Answer that.
I never said sandbending wasn't possible... even with lavabending it's impossible. Please explain to me how you can lavabend when your about to fall from a high distance of earth and lavabend at a perfect timing, not to mention to bend something to prevent fall damage.

Sand is a material that often sinks people. It's small grains. The solid ground is hard to fall on, and converting it to sand will make an earthbender's fall 'lighter'
Yes sand can be converted to make an earthbender's fall lighter, but the question is, how can an earthbender transform sand in such a quick amount of time in a massive amount of pressure figuring out how to bend earth to not take fall damage. You can't just "fall" on earth and your feet converts earth to sand. It would take at least a bit more movements with hands. This is why it makes more sense to sink into the earth because your feet could just move the earth beneath them to make the fall less impactful.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I never said sandbending wasn't possible... even with lavabending it's impossible. Please explain to me how you can lavabend when your about to fall from a high distance of earth and lavabend at a perfect timing, not to mention to bend something to prevent fall damage.

Yes sand can be converted to make an earthbender's fall lighter, but the question is, how can an earthbender transform sand in such a quick amount of time in a massive amount of pressure figuring out how to bend earth to not take fall damage. You can't just "fall" on earth and your feet converts earth to sand. It would take at least a bit more movements with hands. This is why it makes more sense to sink into the earth because your feet could just move the earth beneath them to make the fall less impactful.
Well a lot of Earthbending was seen very capable with just feet, and the force required to change the sand would be significant enough in the force from the fall that just by a little extension of chi, it'd be possible probably.

Janny

I agree, but please for the love of the Cavern Dragon, DON'T MAKE IT SO EVERY TIME AN EARTHBENDER FALLS ON THE GROUND, THEY ARE PUT 1 BLOCK DEEPER IN THE GROUND FOR MORE THAN 2 SECONDS. The earthbenders has to jump out of the hole and in that time I can freeze them with a torrent. So make the revert REALLY QUICK.

djmyernos

I think it's a good idea! Though it shouldn't be as drastic as in the video. Maybe part of the passive could be that if the EarthBender is falling from a certain height, when they hit the ground they release a mini shockwave. Its range would be small and it would only do a small amount of knock back and maybe one heart damage.

Hero

I agree. I don't understand why the earth changes to sand, that never made sense to me. Looking into.
Because dem earthbenders why like a TON. So when they smash into dat ground, they be like o_o and break apart!

Science101!

I agree, but please for the love of the Cavern Dragon, DON'T MAKE IT SO EVERY TIME AN EARTHBENDER FALLS ON THE GROUND, THEY ARE PUT 1 BLOCK DEEPER IN THE GROUND FOR MORE THAN 2 SECONDS. The earthbenders has to jump out of the hole and in that time I can freeze them with a torrent. So make the revert REALLY QUICK.
Yes I agree. After the block is sunken, it'll revert in about a second or 2 and launch the player back to the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.