• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthbending Passive Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Tbh without the sand, falling on the ground just wouldn't feel the same (to an earthbender).

And I would definitely not go with sinking earth blocks, ever.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I guess not to poke a hole into your suggestion, but that video really isn't the passive at all.. Toph does what she does to make the little earth bump that she rides on... She literally jumped off the top of a cart and that was it.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I guess not to poke a hole into your suggestion, but that video really isn't the passive at all.. Toph does what she does to make the little earth bump that she rides on... She literally jumped off the top of a cart and that was it.
Well there's hasn't been a video about an earthbender creating sand when they fall either so..

Fyf

Verified Member
Great idea, But it might look a bit strange and unnatural from small drops, (Earth passive still triggers from small drops) so you might wan't to add a depth variable which determines the size of the crater relative to distance fell. If its a very small drop, keeping the sand particles would seem more natural, Although vary them by block landed on possibly? So if you land on stone, You get gravel, If you land on grass you get dirt, This might look better than just sand for everything.

tl;dr
-Crater size depends on the distance you fall from.
-Change generic sand into more relevant blocks depending on the block you land on.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Great idea, But it might look a bit strange and unnatural from small drops, (Earth passive still triggers from small drops) so you might wan't to add a depth variable which determines the size of the crater relative to distance fell. If its a very small drop, keeping the sand particles would seem more natural, Although vary them by block landed on possibly? So if you land on stone, You get gravel, If you land on grass you get dirt, This might look better than just sand for everything.

tl;dr
-Crater size depends on the distance you fall from.
-Change generic sand into more relevant blocks depending on the block you land on.
I'm thinking more of a crater the size of 9x9 because it would only make sense because such distance from above isn't gonna create 1 little hole. It would shatter the earth, but not to massive like shockwave.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Introduction:
As we all know, when an earthbender falls on an earthbenable block, they do not take fall damage; instead, the earth they fall on changes to sand. I believe we can change this.

My proposal:
When an earthbender falls on an earthbendable block, the blocks shouldn't change to sand, instead, it should sink the earthbendable blocks by 1 block. Then revertearth config will revert the sunken blocks back to their original form. The size of the crater should be relatively be near around 9 by 9 blocks.

Still Confused?
Video canon below:
http://ytcropper.com/cropped/m356acebaae4636

Status
Not open for further replies.