• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earthbending from Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
O O O O O O O OOOOOOOO

MATLBENDING SHIT FROM YOUR INVETORY.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

RISE OF THE METALBENDERS.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Because in the show(s) the only earthbender known to carry any earth with them was Toph. Even then it was only a small meteorite bracelet. No earthbender carries around 64 cubic meters of rock with them at all times. Also, earthblast is the most damaging move by the default config. The ability to rapid fire it would just be Over powered.
In the show no regular water bender carries around 36 water bottles.

And fixing the rapid fire problem, have the Earth come to them before being able to fire again, just like Water Manipulation.

Ooooh, and P.S.

*Dai Lee Agent arrests Kai with Earth hands kept in their own space*
image.jpg

Then there is the Metalbenders using whips kept in their own space (Made of Metal (Earth)

Last edited:

Helios

Verified Member
In the show no regular water bender carries around 36 water bottles.

And fixing the rapid fire problem, have the Earth come to them before being able to fire again, just like Water Manipulation.

Ooooh, and P.S.

*Dai Lee Agent arrests Kai with Earth hands kept in their own space*
View attachment 269

Then there is the Metalbenders using whips kept in their own space (Made of Metal (Earth)
Exactly. They must wait until the earth comes back before they can bend it. This would fix the stackable OP problem, because they would only be able to carry one dirt.

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
The majority of the world in MC is bendable. Wanting to be able to bend absolutely EVERYWHERE is just ridiculous. And waterbenders do carry multiple water skins. Katara wore 3 during the invasion of the fire nation. This would also make it nearly impossible to make your base in a way earthbenders can't attack you. The plugin is supposed to be balanced.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Because water is fairly sparing to find, with the exception of bloodbending, and plantbending just about makes your life easier but only sometimes, so a portable permanent source of water is needed for many situations. However earth is literally everywhere, excluding the ocean, and even then you can still bend the ocean floor to great effect as an earthbender.
Yes, even with our bottles, waterbending is challenging on land. We still cannot access our 2 mobility abilities with them, our water does not always return, meaning we could run out easily and be left defenseless, if we freeze the water, it almost never returns, and if we have to refill, we could be vulnerable during that time. Earth benders are almost always in their habitat, whereas few benders would have a need to be near our oceans. And there is earth under water, which they can swim to, but only small ponds under the earth, which we cannot access from the surface. And it is far more likely that battles would be on land, as very few people, including waterbenders, would have little reason to actually venture out to sea in the first place, much less battle there.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Yes, even with our bottles, waterbending is challenging on land. We still cannot access our 2 mobility abilities with them, our water does not always return, meaning we could run out easily and be left defenseless, if we freeze the water, it almost never returns, and if we have to refill, we could be vulnerable during that time. Earth benders are almost always in their habitat, whereas few benders would have a need to be near our oceans. And there is earth under water, which they can swim to, but only small ponds under the earth, which we cannot access from the surface. And it is far more likely that battles would be on land, as very few people, including waterbenders, would have little reason to actually venture out to sea in the first place, much less battle there.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I could not agree more :) Hopefully they understand that this ability isn't needed or balanced.

dNiym

Verified Member
I added a variation of this concept to our server several months ago. Currently it allows our earth/metal benders to combine iron or gold ingots from their hand to earth armor and earthblast.

Simply place a stack of ingots in your earthblast or earth armor slot and use the skill as normal.

When selecting a source if the user had an iron or gold ignot it fuses with the earth (meaning it just turns into an iron/gold block).

This block is then launched just like earth blast but it does double damage.

So we allow iron/gold ignots in our arenas. For this purpose. I feel like it's balanced in this way because it a) requires a consumable component and they still have to select a source.

As for earth armor we only allow very specific items inside the arenas. (Ignots and water bottles) all other items will get you auto kicked from the arenas.

Thus the stock earth armor is unusable (in our arenas). It has been reworked to not give armor items but effects. However earth armor could easily be reworked to give iron or gold armor with the earth armor skill. Depending on what ignot the user is holding.

Most of our players have little use for iron or gold ignots on our server these two skills give them a reason to collect iron and gold again.

Edit I said several months ago.. But according to my changelog it went live on the server oct 7

Last edited:
V

Vidcom

I added a variation of this concept to our server several months ago. Currently it allows our earth/metal benders to combine iron or gold ingots from their hand to earth armor and earthblast.

Simply place a stack of ingots in your earthblast or earth armor slot and use the skill as normal.

When selecting a source if the user had an iron or gold ignot it fuses with the earth (meaning it just turns into an iron/gold block).

This block is then launched just like earth blast but it does double damage.

So we allow iron/gold ignots in our arenas. For this purpose. I feel like it's balanced in this way because it a) requires a consumable component and they still have to select a source.

As for earth armor we only allow very specific items inside the arenas. (Ignots and water bottles) all other items will get you auto kicked from the arenas.

Thus the stock earth armor is unusable (in our arenas). It has been reworked to not give armor items but effects. However earth armor could easily be reworked to give iron or gold armor with the earth armor skill. Depending on what ignot the user is holding.

Most of our players have little use for iron or gold ignots on our server these two skills give them a reason to collect iron and gold again.
So you made a blockier version of MetalThrow....?

dNiym

Verified Member
I prefer to think of it as much more integrated.. I implemented this change on October 7th. Not really sure when metal blast was implemented.

This version uses the cool down of earthblast since it's integrated into the skill and doesent require an additional skill to be bound. Only that you tote around some ignots...

*Edit* Is metalblast even a real thing? I figured I would look it up but only see it mentioned as being able to fire iron ignots from your inventory which to me seems a bit unbalanced. Unless it does very minimal damage or has a cooldown. To each his own though I really don't see the abilities as anywhere near the same thing. However this version balances out the problems with bending from a stack of dirt in the inventory since it still requires a source.

It could be further edited to allow a bonus based on material type launched, ie if the user had stone in hand and earthblasted dirt, it could up the damage slightly by infusing the two together it doesen't have to be limited to just iron/gold.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
Maybe a new custom item "Bendable Earth".

Not stackable so you can only have 1 for every slot to balance it out with Water.

Only specific moves you can use with it, aka

Earth Blast, Earth Smash (uses 7 Blocks), and that one move for lava bending... Lava Missle?

Maybe you could even morph a move into Earth Blast... when you have Bendable Earth in your inventory go to the Earth Blast slot and shift down, when you see smoke let go and you can shoot a lava block in any direction and have it return as a regular Bendable Block.

Demonstrated by Ghazan...
image.jpg

I'll make a thread for it!:)

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
This would be extremely overpowered. This cannot be compared to waterbottles at all. Water bottles cannot be stacked into 64 and have 36 stacks. With that much dirt, you could take out anyone in your path. Earthblast currently has no cooldown, which means all earthbenders would be machine guns with this.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I just don't think this should be added in any form. The whole reasoning is that earthbenders can't bend in the ocean. The thing is, nobody ever fights in the middle of the ocean. If anybody is stuck in the middle of the ocean they were probably trying to cross it. Not even waterbenders go for a straight fight in the ocean. Most waterbenders stay close to the shore. In which case an earthbender could just keep their distance on land and wait for the waterbenders to come to them. Aside from the ocean, and structures built without earthbendable materials (which they would be stupid for being trapped in anyway ) what other scenario can an earthbender not bend, where the only solution is to bend from their inventory or using normal weaponry? It just sounds like you want earthbenders to be able to Rambo charge into anything like firebenders.

Which brings me to my next point. The fact that earthebenders need a source, is what helps them stay balenced. Earthbenders have a great mix of offense, defense and utility. If offense stopped being limited they would become as offense based as fire. The only difference is that earthblast does more damage than fireblast.

Also the plugin is supposed to fit in with the shows to at least a logical degree. For example, waterbenders can carry multiple water bottles because a normal water skin normally contains a decent amount of water. Also waterbenders can carry more than just one water skins at a time. You don't see esrthbenders pulling chunks of earth out of their pockets or back packs. The only time an earthbender brought earth to a fight was Ghazan. The major note there is,
He brought it in a TRUCK.

Another major flaw: you can use EarthBlast on both gold and iron blocks to do even more damage than a normal EarthBlast (Quartz blocks are also in this category for some reason). People could just start spamming the metal block EarthBlast to do more damage than balanced PvP calls for. Earthbenders could easily gather this much iron or gold via EarthTunnel extraction.

In short, this idea is unnecessary and unbalanced.

6tijn

Verified Member
You can already bring dirt with you and place the block and then shoot it...
I juts don't see the point in this whole suggestion. :/

Helios

Verified Member
Did ANYONE read how I said that you cant fire another one until the one you just fired comes back to you? That way, there's no point in carrying more than one block, and no one can spam this.

Status
Not open for further replies.