• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

EarthBending changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanBall

Verified Member
Earth Grab:
On some servers there are those noobs who spam EarthGrab! For other benders it is not a barrier, but for waterbenders they are left in a fatal mouse trap. I suggest to add EarthGrab an option in the config file called cooldown. If you (devs) don't want to remove spam earthblast inside EarthGrab, then make earthgrab not spammable. I think it will solve this problem for many waterbenders. Bottle to waterbenders don't always work well especially with them not convenient to fight. Check it for yourself!

Lava Flow:
Now LavaFlow is shit. It creates lava very fast. Remember, when Ghazan began to create lava, Lin was able to dodge it. In the present circumstances, it is not possible. Please, if you don't believe me and others, check it for yourself. Make sure that people tell the truth.

Best regards,

DanBall

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Earth Grab:
On some servers there are those noobs who spam EarthGrab! For other benders it is not a barrier, but for waterbenders they are left in a fatal mouse trap. I suggest to add EarthGrab an option in the config file called cooldown. If you (devs) don't want to remove spam earthblast inside EarthGrab, then make earthgrab not spammable. I think it will solve this problem for many waterbenders. Bottle to waterbenders don't always work well especially with them not convenient to fight. Check it for yourself!

Lava Flow:
Now LavaFlow is shit. It creates lava very fast. Remember, when Ghazan began to create lava, Lin was able to dodge it. In the present circumstances, it is not possible. Please, if you don't believe me and others, check it for yourself. Make sure that people tell the truth.

Best regards,

DanBall
Waterbenders aren't designed to roam on land and go perfectly unharmed. The same can be said with Earthbenders and Water. If you have a problem with earthgrab, then maybe you should stay closer to the water.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Have you ever tried EarthGrab + LavaFlow? It's not unbearable!
You're right. It isn't unbearable. Because waterbenders are going to be overpowered by earthbenders by logic. Bottlebending can save you. You can scale walls with surge shield, or put it under you to protect you from the lava if you have bottles. Also, apparently the instant lava is a bug, so it can't really be considered an actual feature of lavaflow.

DanBall

Verified Member
Waterbenders aren't designed to roam on land and go perfectly unharmed. The same can be said with Earthbenders and Water. If you have a problem with earthgrab, then maybe you should stay closer to the water.
You don't understand, even if I step away from the water for 1-3 block, there will be death.

DanBall

Verified Member
You're right. It isn't unbearable. Because waterbenders are going to be overpowered by earthbenders by logic. Bottlebending can save you. You can scale walls with surge shield, or put it under you to protect you from the lava if you have bottles. Also, apparently the instant lava is a bug, so it can't really be considered an actual feature of lavaflow.
Why you all are talking about bottles? Bottle use Noobs. Real waterbenders in the arena don't need bottles. The Cathars and the rest were bottles, as they were in the wild world. But in the arena with bottles is not very convenient.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
You don't understand, even if I step away from the water for 1-3 block, there will be death.
Then maybe you should get better at water? I've seen MANY waterbenders that can effectively attack earthbenders with a torrent or two and with some manips

Why you all are talking about bottles? Bottle use Noobs. Real waterbenders in the arena don't need bottles. The Cathars and the rest were bottles, as they were in the wild world. But in the arena with bottles is not very convenient.
Bottlebending is a thing, and can be considered.

DanBall

Verified Member
Then maybe you should get better at water? I've seen MANY waterbenders that can effectively attack earthbenders with a torrent or two and with some manips

Bottlebending is a thing, and can be considered.
Omg. My level of knowledge of waterbending is very large. And if you want, I can show you that.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Omg. My level of knowledge of waterbending is very large. And if you want, I can show you that.
It obviously isn't. I DO know that your ego is
very large
. Anyway, bottle bending is in the plugin, therefor it is taking into consideration when talking about suggestions. I believe EarthGrab already has a config option for the range, just decrease that.

DanBall

Verified Member
It obviously isn't. I DO know that your ego is . Anyway, bottle bending is in the plugin, therefor it is taking into consideration when talking about suggestions. I believe EarthGrab already has a config option for the range, just decrease that.
I don't know what you're talking about.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Yeah I kinda disagree with DanBall here.

How to escape LavaFlow for dummies!
Air;
That's easy! Basically use any airbending move in existance! For example, airblast yourself up, or airspout! And if you have Jedcore, I highly recommend AirBreath for escaping that pesky lava!
Water; That's easy! Just take water from a bottle or a nearby source, and use surge under you! Done and done!
Fire; That's easy! Firejet!
Earth; That's easy! RaiseEarth under you, or Catapult!

Basically it's easy to escape it, you just have to have fast reaction time. I fight lavabenders all the time and win, and I'm just an airbender with basically no offensive attacks. Plus, lavabending being so destructive and hard to control, its actually quite easy to get your enemy to kill themselves with the lava.

And to be honest, when they're using lavaflow, you can just sprint and jump out of the way and its really easy to avoid it. I'd be careful for the moat one tho.

DanBall

Verified Member
Yeah I kinda disagree with DanBall here.

How to escape LavaFlow for dummies!
Air;
That's easy! Basically use any airbending move in existance! For example, airblast yourself up, or airspout! And if you have Jedcore, I highly recommend AirBreath for escaping that pesky lava!
Water; That's easy! Just take water from a bottle or a nearby source, and use surge under you! Done and done!
Fire; That's easy! Firejet!
Earth; That's easy! RaiseEarth under you, or Catapult!

Basically it's easy to escape it, you just have to have fast reaction time. I fight lavabenders all the time and win, and I'm just an airbender with basically no offensive attacks. Plus, lavabending being so destructive and hard to control, its actually quite easy to get your enemy to kill themselves with the lava.

And to be honest, when they're using lavaflow, you can just sprint and jump out of the way and its really easy to avoid it. I'd be careful for the moat one tho.
You don't understand what we're talking about. Lava very fast at the moment. And Waterbenders can't use surge where there is no water in the EarthGrab. he bottle is not always there.

DanBall

Verified Member
It obviously isn't. I DO know that your ego is . Anyway, bottle bending is in the plugin, therefor it is taking into consideration when talking about suggestions. I believe EarthGrab already has a config option for the range, just decrease that.
Range and spam are two different things.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I find the best way to get out of EarthGrab (if you don't have bottles) is to use FrostBreath to create snow then quickly waterspout out of there. Bit tedious, but it works XD

You have to have ForstBreath installed though. Only downside.

NinjaK

Verified Member
You don't understand what we're talking about. Lava very fast at the moment. And Waterbenders can't use surge where there is no water in the EarthGrab. he bottle is not always there.
I wasn't talking about EarthGrab at all... You were saying LavaFlow is very fast and you can't escape it, and I was telling you how you can escape it very easily.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Why you all are talking about bottles? Bottle use Noobs. Real waterbenders in the arena don't need bottles.
Picture_2.png

Now talking serious: Bottles are a vital part of waterbending. I'm sorry, but you are terribly wrong saying that real waterbenders don't need bottles. Bottles are waterbenders' source!! They can fill it with water and take it anywhere! Even to the Nether! If you rather walk to a desert fight an Earthbender, it is up to you. But I, at least, feel the need in having a source close to me. Airbenders' ource is everywhere humans can go, Firebenders' have their source within them and Earthbenders' have their source almost everywhere they step (and nothing stops them in carrying small rocks or a skin full of sand. Now, I do not admit that you say that every waterbender that carries a bottle is unskilled. An unskilled waterbender is the one that has sources and doesn't know how to use them, in my opinion. As mentioned earlier, if waterbenders carry bottles (which they should or at least have the chance to have them), they can easily freeze themselves in order to not burn in the lava. It isn't enough? Use surge. It isn't enough? Use WaterManipulation against the block of lava under you.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I find the best way to get out of EarthGrab (if you don't have bottles) is to use FrostBreath to create snow then quickly waterspout out of there. Bit tedious, but it works XD

You have to have ForstBreath installed though. Only downside.
Booo, frostbreath.

But in serious note, giving a recommendation of an addon to solve the main problem isn't an excuse. This is the core we are talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.