• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
but is still not a sub element and the fact that this isnt layed out correctly means that this still isnt suggestion but a question which means its in the wrong area ;) did you just copy that from the wiki??? OH NO!!!! :O
I didmt copy anything ,just saying that subelements and thermorsense are clasified as a specialized techniques

Sorin

Verified Member
Well in my opinion a sub should present us another aspect of the element that can be expanded on. Seismic sense is just a move and again in my opinion will only be a ability and that is it. If we take lava for example we get as many possibilities as with earth itself. A sub creates the earthbenders arsenal not just take part in it as a single move. This is why I disagree with flight and astral (or spiritual) projection being airs subelement because they are very limited and hard to develop new ideas from them.
What about combustion....or lightning......or blood......

Sorin

Verified Member
"but still this is in the wrong place and isnt a suggestion lol"
If you are gonna give people shit about something when they did nothing wrong, you should just leave the forum people here actually work on their suggestions unlike you, but if you must continue then go ahead. But what i'm trying to say here is that you don't really have the right to say something is incorrect with someones suggestion when you aren't even able to make one yourself.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you are gonna give people shit about something when they did nothing wrong, you should just leave the forum people here actually work on their suggestions unlike you, but if you must continue then go ahead. But what i'm trying to say here is that you don't really have the right to say something is incorrect with someones suggestion when you aren't even able to make one yourself.
Thanks for getting the right words ;)

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
What about healing then ?
I think that the other water subs compensate for it but I see your point.
Well we saw jinora not only project her spirit but also call spirits to her aid.
Is that astral projection related or just Jinoras strong spiritual connection ?
What about combustion....or lightning......or blood......
But again do they not have a greater range of spreading into other and other sub skills ?

Getting side tracked .... I think that before making it a sub seismic sense should have an up grade or a remodel .... Maybe give it the option to detect players like it was shown in the TlA and LoK many many times ?

Sorin

Verified Member
I think that the other water subs compensate for it but I see your point.

Is that astral projection related or just Jinoras strong spiritual connection ?

But again do they not have a greater range of spreading into other and other sub skills ?

Getting side tracked .... I think that before making it a sub seismic sense should have an up grade or a remodel .... Maybe give it the option to detect players like it was shown in the TlA and LoK many many times ?
No bloodbending was one move, combustion was one move, lightning was ONE MOVE, If you want to sit here and say it shouldn't be a sub due to the point it is somehow not how other sub's were formed then be mai guest, but infact it is a sub due to not all earthbenders being able to do it, like metal or like lightning and combustion or bloodbending for example. But if you where able to see that all of these are only 1 move then you might understand, sure there was redirecting lightning but it wasn't really a sub due to the fact all firebenders could learn this, also lavabending is a sub but it does have different variations. also plantbending why have it as a sub element if it only has one move. we would only have 1 sub element if we thought like the witch would be lava(i know air has subs but there is another post deffending that it would be irrelevant for me to include it). So all in all if you think about it seismic sense has a right to be a sub. at this point for you to continue arguing for it not to be when people on this thread have proved you wrong in many different aspects, it would make you look stupid. So all in all all of the other subs wouldn't be sub's except for lava due to them having no variations but just being 1 move so you basically proved your self wrong by saying "subs extend further" or whatever you said.
*in robot voice* resistance is futile

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
So it becomes a sub-element. What then? Do I get to have an ability that makes my tremorsense purple?

I'm not an earthbender, but if I'm not mistaken this just sounds like adding another subelement to earth's already large list. Geez, in what way could it be useful. Enlighten me, I don't have much to say other than it seems fine the way it is.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So it becomes a sub-element. What then? Do I get to have an ability that makes my tremorsense purple?

I'm not an earthbender, but if I'm not mistaken this just sounds like adding another subelement to earth's already large list. Geez, in what way could it be useful. Enlighten me, I don't have much to say other than it seems fine the way it is.
Well, I'm making a seismic sense ability, and when I wanted to make it a sub-element, I couldn't because it wasn't in the list.
TremorSense has a couple of uses.
  • Shift to toggle the glowstone underneath you.
  • click at an area to see if there is air underneath it, a cave for example.
Many people don't know about the second one.
Also, lava only has 1 move too, but it gets useful when you would add the add-on abilities.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well, I'm making a seismic sense ability, and when I wanted to make it a sub-element, I couldn't because it wasn't in the list.
TremorSense has a couple of uses.
  • Shift to toggle the glowstone underneath you.
  • click at an area to see if there is air underneath it, a cave for example.
Many people don't know about the second one.
Also, lava only has 1 move too, but it gets useful when you would add the add-on abilities.
Finn just make it a sub-element anyways. Use the sub color of something else

Status
Not open for further replies.