• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Earth] EarthGrab change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hi!
---
Some people, including myself, desagree with the ability of Earthbenders to trap entities on an earth room with just a click. Here I suggest some changes.
---
Name: EarthGrab

Controls: Hold Shift and click to create an earth shield around you. Tap/Hold shift while looking to an entity to trap them.

Description (shield form): this would be the same as the currently one: it will raise nearby earth blocks around you to protect you.

Description (trapping form): ever once you tap shift while looking at an entity, the earthbendable block it was standing on would "raise" on the FallingBlock form and stick to the entity's feet/legs. This entity wouldn't be able to move, sneak and jump. If instead of tapping Shift, you hold it for a half of second more, it will raise another FallingBlock earthbendable block and cover their arms/upper body. This way, the entity can't move, punch, sneak, jump, place or destroy blocks, including bending. In the tapping form, the entity, if bender, could still use techniques that only require clicking.

Weak points (OPness-proof):

Shield form - can only be destroyed by an EarthSmash or Collapse.
Trapping form - can be destroyed by an EarthBlast, two WaterManipulation shots and three FireBlasts, or stronger. The trapped entity isn't able to break free by itself, unless it is am Earthbender that is trapped more than five seconds and punches the block with Collapse.

Note: if the FallingBlock trapping form is impossible to work, leather armor would be nice too, changing the first trapping form to boots and leggings amd the second to a chestplate also.
---
Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it. If not, tell me why in the comment section.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I don't see how the current EarthGrab is OP right now, since Fire, Air, Earth, and Chi can get out of the earthgrab. You have be in moderate range to earthgrab a person, and even if you trap a waterbender, they can still get out of the earthgrab if you're not quick enough (plus, waterbenders just don't seem to roam on land too often) One other thing I'd like to point out is that I do find the trapping form that you described a bit OP. The bender is completely defense-less if you hold sneak for just simply half a second more. I find this cheap, since an earthbender can simply just EBlast you to death. There should be away to completely get rid of the "falling blocks", and there should be a good cooldown for trapping an opponent with the earthgrab you suggest, along with how long these "falling blocks" would be on you.
Either way, I don't see a purpose for changing earthgrab as it is- I don't find it OP, and the suggestion you have made will only make it worse in my opinion.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I still don't see why the current EarthGrab needs to be changed
aaaannddd... it failed to put up the quote I wanted

HydroMan

Verified Member
^ Because it is un-canon (which by that i must disagree for the shield form of earthgrab to stay).

HydroMan

Verified Member
If someone can lift a gigantic statue, I find it completely logical that they could make dirt rise up in a circle
true, but even Toph couldn't do it herself without Aang's help. Even Ghazan ,or what is name is, couldn't trap Korra and Asami in a earthgrab so he spammed RaiseEarth at them to surround both of them.

Loony

Verified Member
I think Earth Grab would be so much better and more realistic like this, looking into.
I don't it should be able to be destroyed by how you mentioned though o.0

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I think Earth Grab would be so much better and more realistic like this, looking into.
I don't it should be able to be destroyed by how you mentioned though o.0
Thanks for the support. Are you talking about the shield or trapping form?

The shield form would be destroyed only on one of the sides, the side where the EaryhSmash came from. Of course, Combustion would also destroy it, but only if the server allows terrain damage.

The trapping form was thought in a way so Earthbenders can't just trap a person and spam to death. If the Earthbender shots one EarthBlast to the victim, it will give damage but the trap would also be destroyed.

Beygirl

Verified Member
I don't see how the current EarthGrab is OP right now, since Fire, Air, Earth, and Chi can get out of the earthgrab. You have be in moderate range to earthgrab a person, and even if you trap a waterbender, they can still get out of the earthgrab if you're not quick enough (plus, waterbenders just don't seem to roam on land too often) One other thing I'd like to point out is that I do find the trapping form that you described a bit OP. The bender is completely defense-less if you hold sneak for just simply half a second more. I find this cheap, since an earthbender can simply just EBlast you to death. There should be away to completely get rid of the "falling blocks", and there should be a good cooldown for trapping an opponent with the earthgrab you suggest, along with how long these "falling blocks" would be on you.
Either way, I don't see a purpose for changing earthgrab as it is- I don't find it OP, and the suggestion you have made will only make it worse in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.