• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth Combo: EarthGrasp

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
*EarthGrasp is not from the show, but I believe not all moves should be from the show only*

EarthGrasp (EarthCombo)

EarthGrasp: Right click the ground with EarthGrab > Tap Shift with ShockWave > Left Click with Shockwave.

EarthGrasp is technically a reversed Shockwave. Once performed the combo, a wave of earth from a configurable number of blocks away from you will start to move towards you, grabbing anything in its path towards you. This is a great offensive move to catch benders from running.

Please leave me some feed back and any improvements that could help further develop this Combo. Thank you.

Edit:
*I added these pictures to help people who don't understand see a better image in mind*

2015-07-14_13.13.24.png
2015-07-14_13.22.46.png

@LeafHD_

Last edited:

gangksta

Verified Member
I can't contribute much except agree how great of an idea this is :D. Not to mention this would finally provide the plugin with atleast one earth combo.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member

HydroMan

Verified Member
In honesty, for me this looks abit stupid. It seems somehow wrong for an earthbender to actually do shockwave in reverse. Because to reasons:
  1. I imagine it to not be easy to do rather how shockwave works. I cant not formelly explain or say why it wouldn't work, but I got the feeling that an earthbender wouldn't be able to pull this off.
  2. This may sound weird and not true, but I don't think an earthbender would be able to pull blocks towards you backwards. Especally that the blocks are spread away around him in every direction, by the amount of concentration would require to pull all blocks from each side
Sorry, but i don't think it would work out even for a combo. Thou, i would like a move that would consists of pulling players to you, but not like this of a kind.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
In honesty, for me this looks abit stupid. It seems somehow wrong for an earthbender to actually do shockwave in reverse. Because to reasons:
  1. I imagine it to not be easy to do rather how shockwave works. I cant not formelly explain or say why it wouldn't work, but I got the feeling that an earthbender wouldn't be able to pull this off.
  2. This may sound weird and not true, but I don't think an earthbendable wouldn't be able to pull blocks towards you backwards. Especally that the blocks are spread away around him in every direction, by the amount of concentration would require to pull all blocks from each side
Sorry, but i don't think it would work out even for a combo. Thou, i would like a move that would consists of pulling players to you, but not like this of a kind.
Your second point isn't against the suggestion. Double negatives.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
  2. This may sound weird and not true, but I don't think an earthbender would be able to pull blocks towards you backwards. Especally that the blocks are spread away around him in every direction, by the amount of concentration would require to pull all blocks from each side
Well in the show, near the ending of season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Toph was able to turn stairs into a slide where it started from the top and went towards her in a steep slope way. It may sound confusing, but it is possible for Earthbenders to pull earth towards them. How do you think EarthArmor works?

Hero

Verified Member
Well in the show, near the ending of season 2 of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Toph was able to turn stairs into a slide where it started from the top and went towards her in a steep slope way. It may sound confusing, but it is possible for Earthbenders to pull earth towards them. How do you think EarthArmor works?
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

HydroMan

Verified Member
The stairs were turned into another position but not pulled towards her. EarthArmor is pulled from a rock that is near the target, but not far.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
@HydroMan Another reason, you can't negate EarthGrasp because you 'think' Earthbenders can't pull this off. You need to specify why it would be physically impossible to perform this combo. Again, referring to the show, many benders are unique and can do many things that we thought were impossible. We have seen powerful Earthbending masters move Pebbles to 50-feet tall statues (Bumi). I think it wouldn't be impossible to concentrate earth in all directions that are pulled to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.