• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Deleted] Thunderclap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy Rossin

Verified Member
I have to agree with @Finn_Bueno_ here. Using parts of code or looking at how someone has done a certain thing is acceptable. But @Timothy Rossin taking basically an entire move and then re-making a tiny part of it, isn't really a good thing to do. Not only is it copying, but it can also damage your reputation
Yes, But Im Thinking Is This Really what The Author Of This Deserves? Maybe Its The First Time Making A Move And Yes He Could Have Waited Until He Woud Learn To Code But He Just Wanted To Make A Move So He Copied It, Not Saying Its Right But Yeah...

Gareth Swan

Verified Member
Yes, But Im Thinking Is This Really what The Author Of This Deserves? Maybe Its The First Time Making A Move And Yes He Could Have Waited Until He Woud Learn To Code But He Just Wanted To Make A Move So He Copied It, Not Saying Its Right But Yeah...
It isn't the first time making a move for him @Timothy Rossin -- The thing is though, we are all going to use other stuff, but as I said don't copy as it doesn't give you credibility as a coder and it can damage your reputation in the future when you release abilities.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't care what excuse you want to come up with. I had a first time making a plugin too, and I used a tutorial to write a simple command. That's it. Don't go beyond what you're capable of.

I'm turning 18 rather soon. I want to live on my own. I can't say "Oh come it's my first time buying a house, give me a discount. :("

Gareth Swan

Verified Member
I don't care what excuse you want to come up with. I had a first time making a plugin too, and I used a tutorial to write a simple command. That's it. Don't go beyond what you're capable of.

I'm turning 18 rather soon. I want to live on my own. I can't say "Oh come it's my first time buying a house, give me a discount. :("
Yeah that's pretty accurate. When I started with Bukkit, I didn't even know all the things I could do. You pick it up over time. I think the advice as I have had before and as I would give to someone new is not to release anything that's either close to what someone has created before, is a copy of what someone has made before or isn't actually worth releasing because it won't make a great deal of difference.

I'm not having a go at anyone, I'm just adding my perspective to this ongoing debate

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I would suggest adding this to the already existing Lightning ability. This could be a Lightning+. Have it so if they are still holding shift like 2-3 seconds after the set Lightning charge time than this ability would be set to charged and it will be considered a more powerful lightning ability. Other than that, I'll still use Lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.