• Proceed with caution! Unofficial add-on plugins and abilities are not supported by the ProjectKorra staff. We will not provide support for broken add-ons. Download at your own risk.
  • Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Deleted] JedCore

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
  1. Left Click a block/[or shift] air to execute earthkick is what I had in mind
  2. To lazy to type the reason why I disagree on your idea, so I'm gonna type that in later
  3. How about rename the ability into Terrain shift and give the functionalities of RaiseEarth. Right Clicking a block would toggle off RaiseEarth functionality and that ability would only affect in a horizontal manner. Right Click at a block again to toggle that off and return it to raiseearth?
  4. That's where the idea came to my mind, from that particular scene in atla; aang picked up the water and earth from a very high height that theoretically wouldn't be possible in minecraft and in general (avatar wiki states that remote waterbending is exclusively to the avatarstate thing). Don't know whenever trapping someone would be good thing or not.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
1. It would have to be left click because the shift would interfere with earth blast.
2. I think you confused this with 3 so not exactly sure what you are disagreeing with because you agreed with the 2 in my post with the 3 in your post.
3. I was suggesting we keep Raise Earth as it is. Shift for a wall, click for a column. But add the feature that you can click on the side of a block to have it pull from the ground/mountain horizontally. I like the name Terrain Shift.
4. Trapping someone would be another form of blood bending just for the Avatar State. Cause the avatar is only supposed to be able to bend multiple elements at once in the avatar state. When someone gets trapped, the Avatar's bending board would change, just as if they were using it on them selves. Then they would be able to use the attacks exclusively on the player inside the sphere. No escape.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
1. Left Clicking at the block wouldn't interfere at all

Ok, I don't what just happen with my reply about the 3rd point. Anywho, I was saying that all the drain ability does is selects a source and fills it in bottles to utilize it for other abilities. WallRun is a passive too and doesn't deal damage, so I'm not sure what point are you trying to make for an argument.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Shift for a wall, click for a column. But add the feature that you can click on the side of a block to have it pull from the ground/mountain horizontally.
I was disagreeing on that part, because of the following reason:
I went back and played as an earthbender for a little longer. I was in a ravine, and there was little way i could target the top of a block. I'm not sure if the thing i said before was a good idea. As still when you targeted the blocks side you could still pull up a pillar. I see how that would be useful and its not always the case that you can see the blocks top when you want to make a pillar. Like raising up a column to block a minecraft when hiding below. ect ect

As it stands now for RaiseEarth, you target the block that would be the top of the pillar. Thats the same. But the reason i suggested converging earthBridge and RaiseEarth is so the skillset wasn't cluttered and difficult to use.
This would definitely need to be its own move. When the plugin has moves that don't quite work together, it becomes difficult to use either move. With this, I can see clicking near a cliff and it going sideways instead of making a wall of protection for the bender. Similar to waterwave & waterspout, which makes it hard to spout if you aren't looking up when in the ocean, this would make it difficult to make sure you are using the right version/form.
I went back and played a bit more as an earthbender. And identified the problem a bit more.
It is indeed difficult to target the sides of a block from anywhere but the side, and would make it difficult to use.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
1. Yes, that's what i am saying. It would have to be a left click because it wouldn't interfere. But a shift would.

Drain more of a utility/aggressive move. It fills water bottle when you have them, and if all bottles are filled you can take water from nearby plants for water blasts. So i am also not sure what your argument or suggestion for this move is.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Shifting at air block wouldn't too, unless I'm not aware whenever earthbenders got the auto dynamic source thingy, where they don't have to look at the block at all to choose it from the source (I only know for certain that waterbending has one).

I feel like drain is just another method to select source blocks (which is a passive thing), except on a multiple block scale and fill in bottles. The only advantage it gives to utilize other abilities when you (almost) ran out of source.

Last edited:

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Would the ability know to cancel out earth blast if the player was not looking at the earth? And to cancel out earth kick if the player were to be looking at earth? That would be the only way to do it if you wanted to shift like that.

RoboMWM

Verified Member
So, I have the bending board disabled in board.yml (Settings.Enabled: false). However, it seems all this does is disable the /bending board command. Could this setting please disable this plugin from touching anything related to scoreboards, as it breaks most other plugins that use the scoreboard.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
If you have the bending board disabled and another scoreboard system, try reloading the other scoreboard plugin you have. With that one that I have used, I just reload the scoreboard plugin and it overrides the bending board even when it's on.

jedk1

So, I have the bending board disabled in board.yml (Settings.Enabled: false). However, it seems all this does is disable the /bending board command. Could this setting please disable this plugin from touching anything related to scoreboards, as it breaks most other plugins that use the scoreboard.
if its disabled it shouldnt mess with other plugins anyway.

RoboMWM

Verified Member
If you have the bending board disabled and another scoreboard system, try reloading the other scoreboard plugin you have. With that one that I have used, I just reload the scoreboard plugin and it overrides the bending board even when it's on.
Not even a restart remedied this. It's clearly on and unable to be disabled by another player (I had disabled it for me via command before disabling via board.yml).
if its disabled it shouldnt mess with other plugins anyway.
This doesn't appear to be the case. From my very brief look at the code, I don't see any check for boards.yml, at least not when it calls BendingBoard#updateOnline in onEnable.

jedk1

Andy Nguyen

Verified Member
Hey How do I make JedCore Work? I put the plugin in a hosted server but it wont work I tried doing /b b ElementSphere But it says That is not a Abilty

Andy Nguyen

Verified Member
I'm using ProjectKorra 1.7.0 and jedcore 2.0.4 also my server is 1.8 version I think the reason why its not working because it isn't the config please tell me what to put in jedcore config and projectkorra config

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Read the download page: it will tell which version you need to use. Also be sure read the "How to install.." paragraph.

nich

Verified Member
jedk1 submitted a new resource:

JedCore - A central hub for most addons developed by Jedk1

Read more about this resource...
I'm having some difficulties with Jedcore 2.0.4. I am using the proper ProjectKorra version as well note that.
The first problem is the most major, it allows all elements to use wallrun for some reason.
Also note that the RockMc_Bendingmenu won't work anymore. I don't know if there is some update for it or something either.
And also the bending menu is staying there even on worlds where I have bending disabled.
And finally, I am not sure what is going on with this, but the cooldown for combustion seems to not update on the bending menu properly. If you have any questions or anything, I am free to answer just tell me what you need, a file or anything. Also you can watch this video so see examples of all of these:
Thank you in advance for your help, you are an inspiring developer, Jedk1.

jedk1

This is most likely going to the final update to JedCore for a long time. I have lost interest in bending almost entirely. I will keep the project under my control as much as to ensure it keeps working with newer versions (If there are any at this point... looks like PK is dead). This does not mean people can start reproducing parts of JedCore.
I'm having some difficulties with Jedcore 2.0.4. I am using the proper ProjectKorra version as well note that.
The first problem is the most major, it allows all elements to use wallrun for some reason.
Also note that the RockMc_Bendingmenu won't work anymore. I don't know if there is some update for it or something either.
And also the bending menu is staying there even on worlds where I have bending disabled.
And finally, I am not sure what is going on with this, but the cooldown for combustion seems to not update on the bending menu properly. If you have any questions or anything, I am free to answer just tell me what you need, a file or anything. Also you can watch this video so see examples of all of these:
Thank you in advance for your help, you are an inspiring developer, Jedk1.
Please read my above statement. I appreciate the fact you made a video explaining though. Send me console logs and your JedCore config, I'll check them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.