• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Delete This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like the earth punch. It's a new idea, haven't seen it yet!
The sand spout should be like the waterspout, I think. It would look better.
The inventory bending has been suggested many times, and got denied each time :/

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
Bending from your inventory is a bit far fetched. People in the show didn't run around with big clumps of earth, earth bending is supposed to be using the surrounding area. Sand spout shouldn't be able to work on grass or dirt or anything. It should only work on sand, because that would make much more sense. otherwise you might as well make it earth spout. If waterspout can't work on the land because they is no water, sand spout shouldn't work on stone or grass because there is not sand. Earth punch is the only viable suggestion I can see.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I got a suggestion for earth punch. When you hold shift, and then click, you can shoot the earth glove?

Gold

Verified Member
I remember something like your idea for inventory bending was denied long ago

Jaye

Verified Member
Hmm, I should reconsider certain things
  1. Sandspout should only work on Sand, RedSand & Sandstone (any).
  2. SandSpout should look like water spout (with sand of course), that actually seems better.
  3. No one did every carry earth around them, only of very short periods of time.

paliate

Verified Member
I'll tell you why i don't connect with this idea.
For you to be able to bend from items in your inventory like above suggests would be horrendous for then arena.
Especially for servers that use Muliverse-Inventories, And if the arena allowed you to break blocks then you could probably go and break, start bending.
But the problem with that is you'd have to do that every life. . . Seems a but unnecessary.

I think i've gotten my point across as a server owner myself.

Jaye

Verified Member
Why not let the server offer you grass, like how they do with water bottles, then you wont have to be constantly breaking, this i not a metalbending idea where you must find iron. Besides, its just EarthBlast. People don't get the hang of Shift -> Aim -> Click -> Repeat very easily, like me. This is very productive for those servers where the arena does not auto reset, then small holes would not be left in the ground.

paliate

Verified Member
Not all servers offer things like that, I've only seen one.
And i personally wouldn't offer it either.

Jaye

Verified Member
Wow, servers wouldn't offer dirt for free? You are acting as if the servers are offering free diamonds.

Jaye

Verified Member
Shop? No. The management can just add a free dirt sign by the water bottle sign.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Shop? No. The management can just add a free dirt sign by the water bottle sign.
I am staff on a server too, we don't have a "water bottle sign". Water bottles kinda suck according to me... It's just clicking, no fun.

Hit_Manx

Verified Member
I think Earth Punch is the only idea I like but it could just be part of earth blast than being a whole new move.

DanStryder

Verified Member
I quite like the sand spout idea, I can't see why it can't be added, also I think it's in the name as to where the ability can be used, otherwise it'd be called earth spout, jus sayin'...

I also agree, it would be a cool feature for earth armour to incorporate earth punch.

As for inventory bending, I understand the reasoning behind it, I own a server as well, and if I'm honest, whenever bottle bending is mentioned on the server it's normally frowned upon, no skill or logic at times, yup full moon surge from a bottle... (Also just to mention, we don't give out bottles, bottles are also banned from events due to the spammy usage and lack of skill)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I like the sand spout idea, it definitely shows how Sandbending shows similaritys to Airbending. I'm not sure if that photo you give us is really a sand spout forming, but it looks similar. The developers would probably use particles rather than sand blocks to make it prettier.

Status
Not open for further replies.