• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Default Bendable Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are so many blocks which are not bendable by default and where i personally can't see any sense behind, why they shouldn't be bendable. I know there is a config where you can add bendable blocks but many server haven't add anything in there. It would be really useful if some blocks would be bendable as default.
Here is a list of all the blocks which I think they should be bendable by default:

Cobblestone (mossy)
Stonebricks (mossy, cracked, ...)
Bricks
Red Sandstone (all variants)
Hardened Clay (all color variants as well)
Quartz Ore
Obsidian
Double Stone Slabs
Nether Brick

And maybe also (understandful if this wouldn't be as default):
Stonestairs (sandstone, bricks, etc.)
Cobblestonewall (mossy)
Nether Brick Fence
Iron Bars
Iron Door
Soul Sand

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I assume The reason most stone blocks aren't added (cobble, stone bricks, mossy cobble, etc) is because they are man-made/player crafted, so shouldn't be bent. Do you really want earth benders just destroying everything you made with earth tunnel? All that will be left is wood and glass -.-

Quartz Ore is already bendable by default, by the way.

I assume The reason most stone blocks aren't added (cobble, stone bricks, mossy cobble, etc) is because they are man-made/player crafted, so shouldn't be bent. Do you really want earth benders just destroying everything you made with earth tunnel? All that will be left is wood and glass -.-

Thanks for your reply.
Iron blocks are not crafted or what? I disagree with your opinion just because the blocks should not be not bendable cause of preventing buildings of destruction. Buildings made of wood will also burn down if a firebender burns it. Also there are plugins for saving builds like towny and stuff.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Thanks for your reply.
Iron blocks are not crafted or what? I disagree with your opinion just because the blocks should not be not bendable cause of preventing buildings of destruction. Buildings made of wood will also burn down if a firebender burns it. Also there are plugins for saving builds like towny and stuff.
Well iron blocks are PURE IRON xD Sure they are crafted but no one really uses them to build. Plus, if metal benders can't bend that, what can they bend that's just metal? (Don't you dare say gold either because same rules apply lol)

And I hate towny and all those fancy build protection plugins, tbh. On my server, fire doesn't destroy anything but it doesn't stay either (so setting fire to wool won't burn it but it won't stay out on it either. That makes fire too op).

Well iron blocks are PURE IRON xD Sure they are crafted but no one really uses them to build. Plus, if metal benders can't bend that, what can they bend that's just metal? (Don't you dare say gold either because same rules apply lol)

And I hate towny and all those fancy build protection plugins, tbh. On my server, fire doesn't destroy anything but it doesn't stay either (so setting fire to wool won't burn it but it won't stay out on it either. That makes fire too op).
Ok that's your opinion. I don't see any sense behind why earthbenders should not be able to bend cobblestone for example. It's a stone. Doesn't matter if it is crafted/digged by a player, it's bending and this should be a bendable block. You can disable this on your server of course, but as default it should be bendable. Many servers just don't have add these blocks cause they don't know how to and making this default would help many people

Ok that's your opinion. For me it should be bendable. You could disable this. These are just examples of what should be, in my opinion, bendable as default.
this obsidian/stone/metal what ever logic can be for everyone else. Like I said, just example, you don't have to.

There's no use of this totality of my opinion:
  • I'm pretty sure everyone understands the current default bendables.
  • Changing default bendables can conflict with other people's opinions.
  • If you don't like it, remove it!
  • If you want something added, add it!

pfm2001

EarthTunnel isn't permanent

Status
Not open for further replies.