• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Dear Concept Developers

Loony

Good to know our relation between the CDs and the Community then. We're essentially your lifeline when you're stuck-in-the-mud for moves. Good to know that our suggestions are just simply ideas floating out there, instead of the CDs trying to work WITH the community, just a little bit. Call me dramatic, but I think that the fact that there's a fine line between CDs and the Community Suggestions / Suggesters is a outrageous
No you aren't a lifeline when we're stuck in the mud... Did you not read what I said? I said that suggestions are for things we overlook or if you come up with an idea you want to see implemented / something that needs to be changed.

I'm not sure why you think it's so outrageous for there to be a line between forum suggestions and concept designers.. One is community input, another is a specific job role that's sole purpose is to shape the plugin, two very different things. You might feel so outraged because you want to be / consider yourself as a concept designer already by submitting suggestions?

Concept Designers already have to debate and discuss our own ideas with an entire team, considering each idea and then compiriming those ideas to come to a reasonable conclusion about what the idea will be, I'm not sure how you expect us to fit that in with the entire community's ideas too.

The truth is, forum suggesters aren't concept designers and they haven't ever been considered as that. It's community input.

Loony

And I'm not saying we don't take into consideration the communities ideas either, when I'm planning docs for future versions I always go and look at the suggestions we have marked 'looking into'

jedk1

Good to know our relation between the CDs and the Community then. We're essentially your lifeline when you're stuck-in-the-mud for moves. Good to know that our suggestions are just simply ideas floating out there, instead of the CDs trying to work WITH the community, just a little bit. Call me dramatic, but I think that the fact that there's a fine line between CDs and the Community Suggestions / Suggesters is a outrageous

V

Vidcom

@SuperBower118 You're a champion.

PK really has taken a downturn, hasn't it? I wonder how long it will be before my message is deleted because I agree with the users and not the staff.

Sort your shit out, ProjectKorra.

jedk1

This is pretty much the reason Jedcore exists. Because there are some fucking golden ideas posted, which the CDs just shrug off. I'll also probably get complained at or fired for voicing this opinion.

Loony

The majority of my 1.8.0 doc was suggestions from the forums. A lot of my 1.9.0 doc is from the forums, but okay. Please stop being so ignorant and negative, you're completely wrong.
@SuperBower118 You're a champion.

PK really has taken a downturn, hasn't it? I wonder how long it will be before my message is deleted because I agree with the users and not the staff.

Sort your shit out, ProjectKorra.
There's nothing wrong with Project Korra, & I don't recall a time we've ever deleted people's post because we didn't agree with them?

V

Vidcom

The majority of my 1.8.0 doc was suggestions from the forums. A lot of my 1.9.0 doc is from the forums, but okay. Please stop being so ignorant and negative, you're completely wrong.

There's nothing wrong with Project Korra, & I don't recall a time we've ever deleted people's post because we didn't agree with them?
Shawn used to delete threads on the regular. Hard to prove, of course, since the evidence is gone, but I noticed it during my time as CM.

Please give a better excuse for this mess of a thread than "There's nothing wrong with Project Korra". If your own users, ex-staff members, and current staff members, are all calling you out then something is clearly wrong.

Loony

This is pretty much the reason Jedcore exists. Because there are some fucking golden ideas posted, which the CDs just shrug off. I'll also probably get complained at or fired for voicing this opinion.
Complained yes, fired no. Don't know why you think you would be fired for this? And I really don't know why you're making it seem like Project Korra has really strict rules and you can't say anything without being silenced.

JedCore consists of addons that another developer created alongside other addons you created. There's not really that many forum suggested addons in there, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jedk1

Okay, shall we do an experiment? Lets show our lovely forum users the 1.9.0 planned changes. See what they think?
JedCore consists of addons that another developer created alongside other addons you created. There's not really that many forum suggested addons in there, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Theres actually quite a few forum suggestions in there.
To name a few: FireSki, All the breaths, ElementSphere, DaggerThrow, EarthPillar, MetalHook, Crevice, Drain, Maelstrom... Need I go on...?

Loony

Shawn used to delete threads on the regular. Hard to prove, of course, since the evidence is gone, but I noticed it during my time as CM.

Please give a better excuse for this mess of a thread than "There's nothing wrong with Project Korra". If your own users, ex-staff members, and current staff members, are all calling you out then something is clearly wrong.
Well he's been inactive for a hell of a long time so, hasn't happened anytime soon.

Please give a better argument than "PK has really taken a downturn"
Okay, shall we do an experiment? Lets show our lovely forum users the 1.9.0 planned changes. See what they think?

Theres actually quite a few forum suggestions in there.
Please get approva from Kiam, I've been wanting that myself :)

Hero

Well he's been inactive for a hell of a long time so, hasn't happened anytime soon.

Please give a better argument than "PK has really taken a downturn"

Please get approva from Kiam, I've been wanting that myself :)
Eh even though I've been off and on, it's been around 2 years since I joined.

While I do believe that Concept Designers hold authority of what's a good idea or not (Water Dome is a good idea), out of the hundreds of threads I read, old and new, I've probably only seen a handful of ideas actually implemented. And honestly, the staff have been too slack and unprofessional. I'm not judging what you guys do in the background, but a seeing a staff member getting fired 2 or 3 times is ridiculous.

Also the number of Looking Intos is outrageous. Even though it doesn't mean that they are being worked on, I expect some sort of comment like "Oh that's a good idea, but.. And... instead we'll think about doing..." Instead of "cool."

Loony

Eh even though I've been off and on, it's been around 2 years since I joined.

While I do believe that Concept Designers hold authority of what's a good idea or not (Water Dome is a good idea), out of the hundreds of threads I read, old and new, I've probably only seen a handful of ideas actually implemented. And honestly, the staff have been too slack and unprofessional. I'm not judging what you guys do in the background, but a seeing a staff member getting fired 2 or 3 times is ridiculous.

Also the number of Looking Intos is outrageous. Even though it doesn't mean that they are being worked on, I expect some sort of comment like "Oh that's a good idea, but.. And... instead we'll think about doing..." Instead of "cool."
I agree about the staff thing. I think there's a lot of issues with staff and professionalism, which even includes myself at times.

When I mark suggestions looking into I do comment those things if it's necessary, but people should know by now that when we mark suggestions as looking into it doesn't mean that exact idea is what we will use.