• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Dear Concept Developers

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I wanna ask you a question that to answer (for curiosity reasons). Browsing the forum, I had found a filter that filters suggestions with "Suggestion" mark. Core section has about 12 pages of them.

Just wondering, why are they ignored? Probably they actually aren't and maybe I'm jumping to the conclusion too soon, but I wanna know why are stuck with the yellow mark for over a year now. Or aren't you all that decisive, not knowing whenever to accept them or not? Or have you all discussed and debated privately about all of these ideas that in this threads? Or is because simply you gys are busy with life-things that you didn't have time to do all that stuff? Just to let you allknow, I have nothing against that because we humans have real life stuff to do and that we aren't robots to do everything at once, I understand the struggle, but I'm just curious and confuse to know why there are more threads without those markings than those that have them, especally

And sorry If what I wrote is unclear and unorganized. I don't know how to give a nicer approach without this thread sounding like as if this was just a rant (at least that's how it looks to me :D). Also, I don't know how to form a proper question without half of them being repetitive. Most of all you know that my English isn't that great, therefor typing in this forum is intimidating for me, trying to make zero grammatic mistakes as possible as I can.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
@Loony @SamuraiSnowman @Fyf (Wow, I didn't realize that many CD's left since... sometime ago :eek:) Tagging you all, just because this thread wouldn't be left out in the "abyss of not being notice never again", just in case if it were to happen.

Loony

Verified Member
You forgot Kiam too ^

There are tons of suggestions and it's hard to keep track of them, especially when you're busy with real life issues. Suggestions often get lost and forgotten about, we can't mark every single suggestion because of the amount of suggestions we get, that would be silly.

We mark as many as we can, if we miss some then we might get back to it at a later date.

Loony

Verified Member
Also, we will never implemented the amount of suggestions we have as 'looking into' - we have to balance those ideas with our own from the concept design team.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
One more question, If you mind answering: what do you guys do than when you don't mark new threads? There were a few times that I see some concept developers coming in and out in here, but usually don't check any of that.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
One more question, If you mind answering: what do you guys do than when you don't mark new threads? There were a few times that I see some concept developers coming in and out in here, but usually don't check any of that.
To me, marking threads isn't something I want to do on a brand new thread unless it's a very solid thread. Most threads need discussion and input from the community, or else it'd seem like just I was deciding what went in the plugin -- but I love seeing different points that go against or for a move, other than my own so I can evaluate the move with different scenarios in mind.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
"Implemented" as in giving it a mark and starting to code it?

If you guys care to hear my input, I myself think that maybe, as a request of mine, try looking into and set a mark at about 2-3 suggestions once a day? I know you're all busy and the development of pk staff is moving slow recently, but it wouldn't hurt to try taking a look at a few old threads, am I right? Again, not demanding or anything, it's just a mere request. There are filters out there, which you can easily scroll back to the last page of all threads that have yellow label thing.

Fyf

Verified Member
As a concept designer, I prefer not to implement the exact ideas suggested by the community, but rather to take influence and ideas from them to be merged into the rest of the CD team's concepts.
Though saying that, if I do see an outstanding idea, I would mark it as looking into and try to have it implemented as it was suggested.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I (personally) think that some suggestions that are marked looking into aren't worthy of such status. As a member of PK that's been around for a decent amount of time, I feel like the CDs need to think more about the balance of things, think outside the box, and try to disregard suggestions that add a feature that can be done, while also seeing what's unrealistic / OP about some moves and either remove those features or work around them by supplementing them.

Loony

Verified Member
I (personally) think that some suggestions that are marked looking into aren't worthy of such status. As a member of PK that's been around for a decent amount of time, I feel like the CDs need to think more about the balance of things, think outside the box, and try to disregard suggestions that add a feature that can be done, while also seeing what's unrealistic / OP about some moves and either remove those features or work around them by supplementing them.
We do all of that.

Please don't confuse 'looking into' with 'in development' - people give 'looking into' to much credit. It does not in ANY way certify that we would implement the suggestion. Also, when we mark a suggestion 'looking into' it doesn't mean we like every single part of the suggestion, it means we see potential in a suggestion that we can expand and change.

Janny

Verified Member
@Loony can you link me to a page on the forums that tells us the EXACT direction the CDs know it should be going in? That would help me and most of us make suggestions that wont get denied/forgotten. (Most of mines were Looked Into and just forgotten T_T)

Loony

Verified Member
@Loony can you link me to a page on the forums that tells us the EXACT direction the CDs know it should be going in? That would help me and most of us make suggestions that wont get denied/forgotten. (Most of mines were Looked Into and just forgotten T_T)
No. The direction changes a lot and we don't know the direction we're going to go in until we go in that direction (by discussing what needs to be changed in the plugin)

Suggestions on the forums are for ideas that the community comes up with. We don't want it so streamlined so that we constantly request very specific ideas from you - we don't need that, we can do that ourselves. That would make making suggestions more like a job role rather than just community input which would be bad.

Regardless of how you submit suggestions, there's always going to be suggestions that are forgotten. Keep in mind the amount of concept designers we have vs the amount of suggestions that are made. I've before marked multiple a day every day for a period of time and still didn't mark anywhere near all of the suggestions. I once went back on those "forgotten suggestions" and marked almost all of them in the past, yet they eventually build up again. Marking suggestions isn't always a fun job, because the suggestions are endless and long - be patient and don't demand we mark them.

If we had to tell you what suggestions to make that would defeat the purpose of submitting suggestions.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
We do all of that.

Please don't confuse 'looking into' with 'in development' - people give 'looking into' to much credit. It does not in ANY way certify that we would implement the suggestion. Also, when we mark a suggestion 'looking into' it doesn't mean we like every single part of the suggestion, it means we see potential in a suggestion that we can expand and change.
If you claim to balance things, then ok. I have my own opinion on that, but I'll save it for later. I know that marking things Looking Into doesn't assure much, but take this as feedback from me, I personally think that recently, a lot of stuff that's been marked as "Looking Into" doesn't help with balance much, unless that is because of the sheer amount of lack of suggestions in some other elements.

If we had to tell you what suggestions to make that would defeat the purpose of submitting suggestions.
It'd be nice if you guys told us your main stand on bending, and what type of bending moves / ideas that'd be more beneficial instead of leaving us out in the cold. I'd personally prefer a vague hint such as more offensive moves for X element than nothing, but I don't speak for everyone. I do think that giving us just an idea of what to create

As a side note, I've also been wondering if people can start a conversation with the CD that recently Denied their thread if they feel like the CD overlooked something. Of course, this could get hectic, so many filling out an application would be better, but I also feel like some suggestions that get Denied could have some actual use for the plugin.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Whenever they deny a thread, I feel like they shouldn't be locked right away. Sometimes they deny it with a reason that happens to be false or doesn't check their facts before saying anything ("I think there is a config option..." You don't think, you must be sure of it). I know you can respond to the CD (concept developer for short) personally in a conversation system back who denied a thread, but... ah whatever.

SuperBower118, there is one thread that is placed on the very stop of other threads by Mist. He briefly explains what we should and should not post as a suggestion. I do know what you mean nevertheless, so I think it would be nice if they updated or made a new post explaining what each individual bending arts need new and what they don't need anymore, giving us a worth time posting something. With that done, people would be somehow less hesitant to post their inspired ideas without worrying of them being rejected and become embarrassed of the situation.

@Kiam (tagging you because I forgot to do that before)

Last edited:

Loony

Verified Member
It'd be nice if you guys told us your main stand on bending, and what type of bending moves / ideas that'd be more beneficial instead of leaving us out in the cold. I'd personally prefer a vague hint such as more offensive moves for X element than nothing, but I don't speak for everyone. I do think that giving us just an idea of what to create
Like I said before, suggestions are for community input. People think they're required to make suggestions like it's a job role, but it isn't. It's if you think of a idea that you would like to see in the plugin, or to suggest a chance that you think is required. Telling the community to suggest specific things would make them concept designers, and they aren't.

If we notice X element needs more offensive moves then we can create offensive moves for that element. It's the reason we have concept designers. Forum suggesters are there to suggest things we may have overlooked or not thought of yet.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Like I said before, suggestions are for community input. People think they're required to make suggestions like it's a job role, but it isn't. It's if you think of a idea that you would like to see in the plugin, or to suggest a chance that you think is required. Telling the community to suggest specific things would make them concept designers, and they aren't.

If we notice X element needs more offensive moves then we can create offensive moves for that element. It's the reason we have concept designers. Forum suggesters are there to suggest things we may have overlooked or not thought of yet.
Good to know our relation between the CDs and the Community then. We're essentially your lifeline when you're stuck-in-the-mud for moves. Good to know that our suggestions are just simply ideas floating out there, instead of the CDs trying to work WITH the community, just a little bit. Call me dramatic, but I think that the fact that there's a fine line between CDs and the Community Suggestions / Suggesters is a outrageous