• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Day 1: We want to hear from you!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Something I was disappointed to see was that there were very little plants for waterbenders in cote and the arena was insanely flat with no interesting additions to it. To have that be such an important arena with what looks to have very little effort put into it is upsetting and especially not what I was expecting.
It's intentionally very simplistic but there's another arena and more will come out in the future.
To be honest, I still it could use improvement, regardless If it was intentionally or not to make it look like too simplistic & dull.

It's kinda unfair and a little too much restrictive for waterbenders to be sitting ducks where the only source is the plus-shaped river that provides little distance for waterbenders to be confident enough to not tremble their legs If they attempt to walk of to dry land instead of looking like dorks looking at the fishes in the water. I know you can counter my point by saying "well, you should be near water, since u r waterbender", but when you arrive to an arena just to find only two benders, which unfortunately for us seeing them fighting at a distance of a huge kilometer distance away from water, you're pretty much stuck looking at them until they approach to your vicitinity advantage. Potential Solution? Pretty much what @xNuminousx propose: give some, not too much and not too little, of vegetation so there is enough cacti, grass, and other stuff that waterbenders can utilize without looking like retarted people looking at fishes and submarine life.

Oh and another thing, I think the river should be deeper than 3 blocks. Why? Two reasons: 1-Stop phasechangers freeze your head, which is glitchingly annoying and obnoxious, and 2- So that waterbubbler's can't spawnkill you when you just wanna fall into water without breaking your legs after the bubble emerges from the underwater (if the stream was deeper, the bubble wouldn't reach the surface from the very deep of the bottom).
Whilst I know this was based during from the orion timeline, and what I might propose might break your impression so you might not like, but as the plugin has change through the years I think the aspects of the arena design should meet the changes too. Metalbending is really heavily ignore and discarded. We have iron blocks as bendable source, yeah? So why not take the chance of taking the time to build a territory/area where it's made of the iron itself? Like where the sand square platform is, build an underground ironshaft or plane/airship crash landsite. Also the sand square platform could be turn to be more diversive than the stereotypical sand-only square: mix it with bunch of all different earth blocks, like a checkboard.

As Numinous mention, give some obstacles and points where benders can dodge and others fail misreably hitting them as "giving a challenge to not aimeslly spam everything with ease". Chi blockers could utilize a tree or a house to jump over for ducking/defense or even as a place to observe the boardened view.

I really hope you at least consider some of the changes I proposed, not because those were mine but because COTE really sucks like no when it stucks in the decade-ago-century. Things have to go through changes for the better of all. @xNuminousx and @paliate make good points why we don't like the arena. Builders - come on, we know you can do better and finish that fucker off! Don't be lazy ;D

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'm not pushing them, but it would be great if that arena didn't stay like derp how it is now. Otherwise, they can download a schematic or replicate it If for some reason they can't/don't want to construct one themselves..

Weirdly enough, I feel inspired to actually finish building a replicate even though I don't do building in minecraft.