• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Could someone teach me make some abilities? From Scratch?

Froosty11

Verified Member
Soooooo im kind of half-new too java but this eclipse thing is very confusing and i wonder if someone could teach me with some idk skype (privately) or something?:) I would really want to learn how to make my own abilties and stuff, and i need help... So plz if some1 could add me on skype or something i would be thankfull! Just send me a private message and i'll send my skype :D Thanks!(I wanna be an apprentice...)

//Froosty
(Sry for bad english D: im swedish:oops:)

Last edited:

Froosty11

Verified Member
Soooooo im kind of half-new too java but this eclipse thing is very confusing and i wonder if someone could teach me with some idk skype (privately) or something?:) I would really want to learn how to make my own abilties and stuff, and i need help... So plz if some1 could add me on skype or something i would be thankfull! Just send me a private message and i'll send my skype :D Thanks!(I wanna be an apprentice...)

//Froosty
(Sry for bad english D: im swedish:oops:)
EDIT: Someone?...

Froosty11

Verified Member

Matt

Verified Member
When will people get it's not just about making moves, learn actual Java first then progress onto Bukkit and PK

Sorin

Verified Member
I suggest you watch the tutorial @jedk1 made. I learned a lot from what he did and from what he told me. :)
I think he is looking for a 1 on 1 kinda deal to have someone correct his mistakes cuz its frustrating to do everything that was shown but it still not working, a video isn't an actual person helping you like you think it would but if you ask the video what did i do wrong it doesn't reply "that string method is invalid" but an actual person being there is something different.

Froosty11

Verified Member
I think he is looking for a 1 on 1 kinda deal to have someone correct his mistakes cuz its frustrating to do everything that was shown but it still not working, a video isn't an actual person helping you like you think it would but if you ask the video what did i do wrong it doesn't reply "that string method is invalid" but an actual person being there is something different.
yeah that would be even better! :D

Matt

Verified Member
To be honest I haven't even watched the video's so the content is unknown to me, I don't think you should have to have your hand held to make a move or code at all you'll know your ready to make a move when you know it, having someone fix your code is a lot different though.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't know everything about java either, but I do make some abilities, which is just fun to do.

Matt

Verified Member
I don't know everything about java either, but I do make some abilities, which is just fun to do.
As far as I see it making an actual move with some animation is different then throwing items or setting players at a velocity :L