• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Cooldown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
I want to try to convey to you one thing! Good luck to me...

In general, my suggestion is to cooldown started their counting from the end of a player's skill and not as now from the beginning of its use. Explain why you should do so. Not all abilities have a cooldown since the beginning of their use, they have a cooldown starts after you use them, but let's take for example Torrent. He begins a cooldown after it has been used, which means that if I keep it long to twist in the air, after its use, I can make a torrent, as if the cooldown was not. I think it's not very good. Many will agree with this. I don't think I'll be able to call you all abilities that have a similar mode of cooldown, I think, the developers know all of these abilities.

Please tell me what you think about it, I would be very grateful!
Sorry for my terrible English. Tried to make you understand...
Thanks for reading!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think you are talking about charge-up times, right?

I'm still nothing getting on what you are on about. What are you asking specifically in this for the PK?

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think you are talking about charge-up times, right?

I'm still nothing getting on what you are on about. What are you asking specifically in this for the PK?
He's saying that cooldowns should be applied AFTER a move is used and not during it. That way, people can just use the move for longer (e.g. Keep clicking with WaterManip in order to keep it active) in order to make the cooldown seem like it's shorter than it actually is.

He is suggesting we change that :)

RikudoSannin

Verified Member
Yes, this is a really good idea! I think many would agree. It would be much better if it was implemented. Because some abilities have a cooldowns, but if you long use Manipulation, Torrent and ect by clicking, it installed as if there is no cooldown.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
What exactly would this change into plugin, other than watermanipulation?
To answer your question I need to go into the config, I can tell you about some abilities that I have now in mind.
- WaterManipulation
- Torrent
- PlantArmor if is it
- IceBullet
- EarthArmor
- EarthBlast

It's probably not all abilities, but the developers know all of them...

Loony

Verified Member
Not catching up. I get that @Andrey_Frolov implies a request for all abilities cooldowns have to be moved after their usage, but I wanna know how will this help out or improve the plugin, in what way?
Well for starters, server owner's may not know that the cooldown starts when the move begins and not after so they might be setting their cooldown's too short without realising. This change makes it easier on owners. It's also realistic because a move shouldn't cooldown until it ends. Having a move cooldown while you're using it is a little dumb lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.