• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Classes for elements

HydroMan

Verified Member
Considered to add Zaheet type of class, but im afraid that alot of airbenders would choose it, as most want to be offensive :confused:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think there should be a "rogue" class for each element, this would include everybender not in one of the defined classes. This would be like lavabenders for earth, zaheer type people for air, and anything not in one of the defined classes for water and fire.

owlcool

Verified Member
I think there should be a "rogue" class for each element, this would include everybender not in one of the defined classes. This would be like lavabenders for earth, zaheer type people for air, and anything not in one of the defined classes for water and fire.
Lavabender? Nah. Sandbender? Maybe?
Fire: Combustion
Water: Blood
Air: Aggroism.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I included "replubic city citizen" by default when not in the class. Wiki has said that benders that are natives in that city have their own type pf bending style then the rest of the places.

owlcool

Verified Member
...because the sandbenders wouldn't be in the sandbendertribe...riiiiight.
There really doesn't seem to be any definite "rouge" class for all the elements anyway. Do we really need it? I mean, the show is all about showing benders at their best and worst.
Best:
Fire-The fire nation's assistance to Republic City, and the Wished Assistance to the Southern Water Tribe.
Water-The Role the Waterbenders took during ATLA, Tonraq, Korra, Kya, Katara.
Earth-The Role the Earthbenders took during ATLA, Bolin, The Metalbending Police Force, Lin Beifong, Toph Beifong, Suyin Beifong.
Air-Tenzin's family, the Pacifist Nation, and Aang.
NonBenders- Sokka's Dad, Sokka, Asami, President Raiko, Varrik, the hobo who helped out Korra and the Gang, all the non-benders from the Water Tribes and Earth Kingdom who fought during ATLA.
Worst:
Fire-The role the firebenders took during most of ATLA, The Combustion Benders, The criminal forces which included firebenders, Azula.
Water-The role the northern waterbenders took during the second season of TLOK, Amon, P'Li, The First Bloodbender.
Earth- Kuvira, the Earth Kingdom General in a single episode, the Sandbendertribe, Ghazan.
Air- Zaheer.
Nonbender- The Chiblocker who allied with Azula, The Equalists, The non-benders who fought with the fire nation.

As you can see, there is no real intersection where these all line up. Go ahead and try to find one, anyway.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There really doesn't seem to be any definite "rouge" class for all the elements anyway. Do we really need it? I mean, the show is all about showing benders at their best and worst.
Best:
Fire-The fire nation's assistance to Republic City, and the Wished Assistance to the Southern Water Tribe.
Water-The Role the Waterbenders took during ATLA, Tonraq, Korra, Kya, Katara.
Earth-The Role the Earthbenders took during ATLA, Bolin, The Metalbending Police Force, Lin Beifong, Toph Beifong, Suyin Beifong.
Air-Tenzin's family, the Pacifist Nation, and Aang.
NonBenders- Sokka's Dad, Sokka, Asami, President Raiko, Varrik, the hobo who helped out Korra and the Gang, all the non-benders from the Water Tribes and Earth Kingdom who fought during ATLA.
Worst:
Fire-The role the firebenders took during most of ATLA, The Combustion Benders, The criminal forces which included firebenders, Azula.
Water-The role the northern waterbenders took during the second season of TLOK, Amon, P'Li, The First Bloodbender.
Earth- Kuvira, the Earth Kingdom General in a single episode, the Sandbendertribe, Ghazan.
Air- Zaheer.
Nonbender- The Chiblocker who allied with Azula, The Equalists, The non-benders who fought with the fire nation.

As you can see, there is no real intersection where these all line up. Go ahead and try to find one, anyway.
With the classes he is listed, it would fill in a lot of blanks where some benders should go.

Nin01

Verified Member
This suggestion was inspired by a few threads (1, 2) that i felt it needed to be expanding more. Here i will telling my idea how could this work in the RPG. I'll be explain a few commands, varieties of classes, their effects and some other things. Feel free to share one of your ideas that you like to add and if everyone thinks in good i'll consider adding it to the main post :)

Firstly ,the player would need choose an element (if haven't yet) before he can pick his desired class to be in. After that ,the player can type/b c d(or /bending class display). In the chat would then pop a list of every classes that are to pick choose from. He/She can then look for up each individual class information and benefits in being one of those ,by typing out/b c h( or/bending help)[class]command. After the player decides in which (s)he wants to be, the player could then type do/b c ch( or /bending class choose)[class] . Each Class can only be held by specific assosiated element ,so the bender can only choose the proper class that is meant to be associated with {in avatar case ,if he holds all element he can any class he wants),and she/he can ONLY be in one class. Each element would consits this listed classes to choose from:

Waterbenders can only join one of this four classes:

Northern Water Tribe

Southern Water Tribe

Foggy Swamp Tribe

For fire:

SunWarriors

FireNation (this would be seperate into a few more known as "subclasses" that i took idea from @owlcool )
  • Heavy Style: Would have greater Defense (as equal to their ordinary offensive) (f.e wall of fire would protect most of the attacks then ordinary firebender). Attack abilities would deal more damage. More control over their bending ,meaning that it is less likely to burn yourself. Would have acces for such certain moves, like FireBreath
  • Medium Style
  • Light Style

(if u know more more classes for firebenders ,please let me i'll add them)

Earth:

Dai Li Agents

MetalClan

SandbenderTribes

Metalbending Police Force

And air:

Northern Air Temple

Southern Air Temple

Western Air Temple

Eastern Air Temple

And their is a Republic City class ,where everyone by default would be (if they don't belong in any class. This would have all benders and non-benders. The Class won't gain you any power or anything special ,but i believe server owners can make it as an exception - make them spawn to a city and make them part of civilians or similar aspect :). RPG's class sytem tied with Probending plugin ,additional class could be added called ,yes you know it - ProBending. This could be use only in probending arenas or when in a match, where there class gets disabled and switches to this one.

Every class would different from everey other ones adding the player some buffs and/or debuffs . For instance, a northern water tribe player would get a resistance effect and there defense abilities would get stronger when the player (a.k.a the notherner) is hit by another bender ,indicating that (s)he is in a fight with someone (this was thought by @Hero in his thread for the WB class and their effects). This is just an example that could be include as for other classes from one’s element (post in comments what kind of functionalities for other classes should be added). Here my thougts on some others that could be applied the power to their bender:
Sandbender Tribe: Would Bend the sand more easily and faster; Sandbending classified moves for them would have short chargetime then to regular earthbender (like SandGrib move) (if they ever get added as for now sandbending is consider a subelement). They would have hard time controlling regular earth(long cooldown ,less damage) opposite on how would they band sand easily then a regular earthbender. As their classified by this class ,they would need to have a decreased hunger due to the consideration their tribe is located in a desert and they need away to adapt with lack of food resources found in there.
Metalbending Police Force: Would have access to their "special" Police Armor (/or have some of those in their inventory); won't need grabling hooks to perform the ability if they are wearing this armor.
Foggy Swamp Tribe: Would be dealing more damage to their enemy with their subelement - plantbending abilities(once they get added) then to regular waterbender's plantbending attacks; Would deal less damage when using icebending attacks and have hard time controlling(it will took longer for them to shoot icespike,raise them and ect.)
Southern Water Tribe: Would get a speed and strength boost when the player (a.k.a southerner) hits by the opponate (opposite to Norther Style ,as you need to be hit by other rather ,because Southern style by fact is more offensive type rather then Norther being defensive one), indicating that (s)he is ready to fight (The idea i took from @Hero's thread). Their offensive moves would be more faster and versatile.
This passive power would wear of after some time ,but you could always active it again by dealing damage to your opponate.

If you have thoughts for other classes on what powers it should old, please share it :)

Thanks for taking time reading this :)
Good idea... maybe air monks too?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And air:

Northern Air Temple

Southern Air Temple

Western Air Temple

Eastern Air Temple
You should seriously consider changing the color of that text, because it is naked to my eye and assuming to probably else (you can't see white text of the white background of the comments).

Second, I feel like this doesn't belong to the plugin officially, and probably the owners of the server could apply with another plugin. If this happens to be in the game, than there will have to be a boolean option to disable this as I can't see myself liking this roleplaying mechanic.