• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Classes for elements

HydroMan

Verified Member
This suggestion was inspired by a few threads (1, 2) that i felt it needed to be expanding more. Here i will telling my idea how could this work in the RPG. I'll be explain a few commands, varieties of classes, their effects and some other things. Feel free to share one of your ideas that you like to add and if everyone thinks in good i'll consider adding it to the main post :)

Firstly ,the player would need choose an element (if haven't yet) before he can pick his desired class to be in. After that ,the player can type/b c d(or /bending class display). In the chat would then pop a list of every classes that are to pick choose from. He/She can then look for up each individual class information and benefits in being one of those ,by typing out/b c h( or/bending help)[class]command. After the player decides in which (s)he wants to be, the player could then type do/b c ch( or /bending class choose)[class] . Each Class can only be held by specific assosiated element ,so the bender can only choose the proper class that is meant to be associated with {in avatar case ,if he holds all element he can any class he wants),and she/he can ONLY be in one class. Each element would consits this listed classes to choose from:

Waterbenders can only join one of this four classes:

Northern Water Tribe

Southern Water Tribe

Foggy Swamp Tribe

For fire:

SunWarriors

FireNation (this would be seperate into a few more known as "subclasses" that i took idea from @owlcool )
  • Heavy Style: Would have greater Defense (as equal to their ordinary offensive) (f.e wall of fire would protect most of the attacks then ordinary firebender). Attack abilities would deal more damage. More control over their bending ,meaning that it is less likely to burn yourself. Would have acces for such certain moves, like FireBreath
  • Medium Style
  • Light Style

(if u know more more classes for firebenders ,please let me i'll add them)

Earth:

Dai Li Agents

MetalClan

SandbenderTribes

Metalbending Police Force

And air:

Northern Air Temple

Southern Air Temple

Western Air Temple

Eastern Air Temple

And their is a Republic City class ,where everyone by default would be (if they don't belong in any class. This would have all benders and non-benders. The Class won't gain you any power or anything special ,but i believe server owners can make it as an exception - make them spawn to a city and make them part of civilians or similar aspect :). RPG's class sytem tied with Probending plugin ,additional class could be added called ,yes you know it - ProBending. This could be use only in probending arenas or when in a match, where there class gets disabled and switches to this one.

Every class would different from everey other ones adding the player some buffs and/or debuffs . For instance, a northern water tribe player would get a resistance effect and there defense abilities would get stronger when the player (a.k.a the notherner) is hit by another bender ,indicating that (s)he is in a fight with someone (this was thought by @Hero in his thread for the WB class and their effects). This is just an example that could be include as for other classes from one’s element (post in comments what kind of functionalities for other classes should be added). Here my thougts on some others that could be applied the power to their bender:
Sandbender Tribe: Would Bend the sand more easily and faster; Sandbending classified moves for them would have short chargetime then to regular earthbender (like SandGrib move) (if they ever get added as for now sandbending is consider a subelement). They would have hard time controlling regular earth(long cooldown ,less damage) opposite on how would they band sand easily then a regular earthbender. As their classified by this class ,they would need to have a decreased hunger due to the consideration their tribe is located in a desert and they need away to adapt with lack of food resources found in there.
Metalbending Police Force: Would have access to their "special" Police Armor (/or have some of those in their inventory); won't need grabling hooks to perform the ability if they are wearing this armor.
Foggy Swamp Tribe: Would be dealing more damage to their enemy with their subelement - plantbending abilities(once they get added) then to regular waterbender's plantbending attacks; Would deal less damage when using icebending attacks and have hard time controlling(it will took longer for them to shoot icespike,raise them and ect.)
Southern Water Tribe: Would get a speed and strength boost when the player (a.k.a southerner) hits by the opponate (opposite to Norther Style ,as you need to be hit by other rather ,because Southern style by fact is more offensive type rather then Norther being defensive one), indicating that (s)he is ready to fight (The idea i took from @Hero's thread). Their offensive moves would be more faster and versatile.
This passive power would wear of after some time ,but you could always active it again by dealing damage to your opponate.

If you have thoughts for other classes on what powers it should old, please share it :)

Thanks for taking time reading this :)

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
This suggestion was inspired by a few threads (1, 2) that i felt it needed to be expanding more. Here i will telling my idea how could this work in the RPG. I'll be explain a few commands, varieties of classes, their effects and some other things. Feel free to share one of your ideas that you like to ad and if everyone thinks in good i'll consider adding it to the main post :)

Firstly ,the player would need choose an element (if haven't yet) before he can pick his desired class to be in. After that ,the player can type/b c d(or /bending class display). In the chat would then pop a list of every classes that are to pick choose from. He/She can then look for up each individual class information and benefits in being one of those ,by typing out/b c h( or/bending help)[class]command. After the player decides in which (s)he wants to be, the player could then type do/b c ch( or /bending class choose)[class] . Each Class can only be held by specific assosiated element ,so the bender can only choose the proper class that is meant to be associated with {in avatar case ,if he holds all element he can any class he wants),and she/he can ONLY be in one class. Each element would consits this listed classes to choose from:

Waterbenders can only join one of this four classes:

Northern Water Tribe

Southern Water Tribe

Foggy Swamp Tribe

For fire:

SunWarriors

FireNation

(if u know more more classes for firebenders ,please let me i'll add them)

Earth:

Dai Li Agents

MetalClan

SandbenderTribes

Metalbending Police Force

And air:

Northern Air Temple

Southern Air Temple

Western Air Temple

Eastern Air Temple

Every class would different from evrey other ones adding the player some buffs and/or debuffs . For instance, a northern water tribe player would get a speed boost effect and there defense abilities would get stronger when the player is hit by another bender ,indicating that (s)he is in a fight with someone (this was thought by @Hero in his thread for the WB class and their effects). This is just an example that could be include as for other classes from one’s element (post in comets what kind of functionalities for other classes).

Thanks for taking time reading this :)
Pro bending for fire. Basically a faster spammier class.
SunWarriors: We haven't seen enough of their style to actually determine a class for them, but I would think they would be a heavier class.
Fire nation I guess would be in between Sun Warriors and Pro-benders.

Earthbending: Well, Probending style? You could also use Traditional Style, which would basically be what Toph and Bumi use.

Air: Text is basically invisible to the eye. We haven't seen enough of AIRBENDING to give it multiple classes in my perspective, maybe just Air Nomad and Zaheer classes?

In reality, you are probably going to have to give some detail on the actual styles.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Pro bending for fire. Basically a faster spammier class.
SunWarriors: We haven't seen enough of their style to actually determine a class for them, but I would think they would be a heavier class.
Fire nation I guess would be in between Sun Warriors and Pro-benders.

Earthbending: Well, Probending style?

Air: Text is basically invisible to the eye. We haven't seen enough of AIRBENDING to give it multiple classes in my perspective, maybe just Air Nomad and Zaheer classes?

In reality, you are probably going to have to give some detail on the actual styles.
Oh yea ,i forgot to mention in my post .After the Probending side plugin release ,the probending style could be then attach to that plugin in the next update of the plugin,which this class would only be available as an another expansion for rpg if probending is installed. Maybe this type of style could be use in the arena automoslly without choosing it ,as the prexisting class would be disable and switch to probending one. That reminded me, maybe by default all benders would have republic city class if they haven't choose any?

That's why i asked for you guys to give any ideas for the other classes ,as i couldn't think of any features for the other ones :p

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Oh yea ,i forgot to mention in my post .After the Probending side plugin release ,the probending style could be then attach to that plugin in the next update of the plugin,which this class would only be available as an another expansion for rpg if probending is installed. Maybe this type of style could be use in the arena automoslly without choosing it ,as the prexisting class would be disable and switch to probending one. That reminded me, maybe by default all benders would have republic city class if they haven't choose any?

That's why i asked for you guys to give any ideas for the other classes ,as i couldn't think of any features for the other ones :p
Then can you actually mention what the details on each class would be? And in the Original Post.

owlcool

Verified Member
I just added a few. I can't think for other classes what they would have ,which aren't explained. @finnbon what do you think?
Maybe reverse the southern and northern Waterbenders? It is just that, if you were to look at the fight between Unaloq and Korra's dad, the Northerners stayed in a general place, while the southerners were running the whole time.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe reverse the southern and northern Waterbenders? It is just that, if you were to look at the fight between Unaloq and Korra's dad, the Northerners stayed in a general place, while the southerners were running the whole time.
I don't know which of them was Northerner ,and which Southerners. I guess the Korra's Father is southerner ,as by the looks he did run alot.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can agree on that. So maybe just change it so that southers gets speedboost and northers resistance instead? As the others aspects of them are aquirate to the show

owlcool

Verified Member
I don't know which of them was Northerner ,and which Southerners
Maybe a Traditional and Non-traditional style. The traditional style could have spiritbending, and the non-traditional style could have stronger iceblasts, etc.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe a Traditional and Non-traditional style. The traditional style could have spiritbending, and the non-traditional style could have stronger iceblasts, etc.
Can you explain it more? What is traditional and non-traditional style?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Most of the airbenders already are in "Zaheer class"(airswipe spamm). Maybe have a small chance like 15% to cause damage with airblast :'p

owlcool

Verified Member
Can you explain it more? What is traditional and non-traditional style?
Well, Unalaq was said to have a traditional style. Korra's dad's style was said to be unconventional and nontraditional. Korra used traditional styles in probending near the start, but was told by Bolin she would be a sitting turtle duck.
Most of the airbenders already are in "Zaheer class"(airswipe spamm). Maybe have a small chance like 15% to cause damage with airblast :'p
Eh. Suffoction could probably be their thing. A damage boost to them would be ok. To counter it they could have a weaker airshield.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Well, Unalaq was said to have a traditional style. Korra's dad's style was said to be unconventional and nontraditional. Korra used traditional styles in probending near the start, but was told by Bolin she would be a sitting turtle duck.

Eh. Suffoction could probably be their thing. A damage boost to them would be ok.
Maybe a waterbender having spiritbending subelement would count as a traditional one ,while others as "non-traditional". I don't feel they should be added as classes ,or atleast as a group of short sort ,as they won't really do much...

I wonder what would the proper name would be for Zaheer class? Villians? lol There isn't much to offer for Airbenders ,so i think one class "Air Nomads" would be enought (unless each of those four air temple nomads are somehow diffrent it from each other by their bending and physical skills)

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe a waterbender having spiritbending subelement would count as a traditional one ,while others as "non-traditional". I don't feel they should be added as classes ,or atleast as a group of short sort ,as they won't really do much...
Maybe we could do a branch of sorts, where you choose elements like basically,
Quiz Time.
Traditional or Nontraditional
If you pick Nontraditional you move on. If you pick Traditional you gain spiritbending.
Northern Water Tribe, Southern Water Tribe, or Swamp Benders?
That is for water. There are more elements this could work for.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Maybe we could do a branch of sorts, where you choose elements like basically,
Quiz Time.
Traditional or Nontraditional
If you pick Nontraditional you move on. If you pick Traditional you gain spiritbending.
Northern Water Tribe, Southern Water Tribe, or Swamp Benders?
That is for water. There are more elements this could work for.
While The "Special Chance Bending" suggestion might come to the rpg ,then the bender might not have their will to decide which of those styles to pick ,as they either get spiritbending or not. That would be random and i ike it to be that way

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Firebenders aren't exactly spread out far enough to make their styles necessarily location based. Maybe like in the thread that inspired this, we could do the Heavy Style, Medium Style, and Light Style?
Examples being:
Heavy Class: Iroh, Zhao
Medium Class: Azula, Korra, Zuko
Light Class: Mako (Probending style firebending in general)
This idea is incomplete though, so suggestions to flesh it out and improve it are welcome.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Medium Style,
That reminded me... In the show there was a shaman old lady doing "spirit healing" i believe... Maybe that kind of type thing could be as one of the classes for fire ,doing type of fire healing (where i recall seeing a thread about it as a suggested move, which i would want this kind of classes to have the access to that ability)

Almost believe that this conversation between me and owlcool :p Welcome for joining @TheBlueSpirit :p

HydroMan

Verified Member
Firebenders aren't exactly spread out far enough to make their styles necessarily location based. Maybe like in the thread that inspired this, we could do the Heavy Style, Medium Style, and Light Style?
Examples being:
Heavy Class: Iroh, Zhao
Medium Class: Azula, Korra, Zuko
Light Class: Mako (Probending style firebending in general)
This idea is incomplete though, so suggestions to flesh it out and improve it are welcome.
How does it diffrer the heavy class and the medium one?

HydroMan

Verified Member
How does it diffrer the heavy class and the medium one?
nvm ,just check owlcool's reply on the other thread. I might add it to main post. This would totally spice up the combat while fightning each firebender ,making a big diffrence. I bet this would interesting. *Adding it up*