• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Chiblocker Ability - PalmStrike

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Ability: PalmStrike
"Element": Chiblocker
Type: Defense
Damage: 4 damage
Knockback:
10 blocks
Effect: Slow II, 3 seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Description: Left-click an enemy to send them hurtling backwards as well as push yourself back 2 blocks, if they travel at least 6 blocks and hit a block they take 4 damage and are applied Slow II for 3 seconds.
Philosophy: This would be a disengage ability for Chiblockers. The minimum travel distance before enemies take damage is so that players don't use it as just another ability to spam, as well as the self knockback.

Ehh, wouldn't chi blocker want to get closer to their opponent? It's hard enough fighting benders and snipers from a huge distance. What would use it for though ??

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Ehh, wouldn't chi blocker want to get closer to their opponent? It's hard enough fighting benders and snipers from a huge distance.
Most of the time I'd say yeah, totally. But they don't really have a way to disengage from a bad fight as of now, it's always good to have more options.

Well I can't think of a situation where you would use it in a 'bad fight' that you implied and from what thing the chi would wish to make a distance.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Well I can't think of a situation where you would use it in a 'bad fight' that you implied and from what thing the chi would wish to make a distance.
I'd say it's probably be good against other chi blockers, firebenders would use the FireJet > WallOfFire combo, and Earthbenders given their lack of long range attacks (who also make walls you can slam them into). Perhaps the damage and slow shouldn't have the distance restriction to give it a more debuffing role.

I'd say it's probably be good against other chi blockers
Than I would recommend expanding this ability or just adding this feature pre-existing one, because If an ability is only practical for only against one type-players, it's just leaves it... uncomplete. Kind of in a sense how Octopus form feels like it's made for the intention of fighting off chi blockers.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Than I would recommend expanding this ability or just adding this feature pre-existing one, because If an ability is only practical for only against one type-players, it's just leaves it... uncomplete. Kind of in a sense how Octopus form feels like it's made for the intention of fighting off chi blockers.
Actually, I think changing the Slow II to a 1.5 second stun would make it more useful. So you could use it as a disengage OR if you position correctly as a stun to get in extra damage. Thoughts?