• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Chi] Elbowstrike

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Elbowstrike

Usage: Hit your target while on the slot to which you bound Elbowstrike.

What does it do: Ot does 1.5H and has a chance to give you the nausea effect for a few seconds (can be toggleable by server owners).

Why do we need that? Chi can cause different things to happen when hitting specific presure points. In this case the chiblocker would strike the target hard enough with his elbow to make his target get dizzy.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Elbowstrike

Usage: Hit your target while on the slot to which you bound Elbowstrike.

What does it do: Ot does 1.5H and has a chance to give you the wither effect for a few seconds (can be toggleable by server owners).

Why do we need that? Chi can cause different things to happen when hitting specific presure points. In this case the chiblocker would strike the target hard enough with his elbow to make his target get dissy.
Dizzy*

Dizzy means nausea, not wither...

IceEyes

Verified Member
Does chi really need another offensive move?
Well let's compare it to water for example
Water:
Torrent iceblast watermanip icespike
Chi: quickstrike (no damage), rapidpunch swiftkick

I've never seen someone complain in a suggestion for a move for the elements.

IceEyes

Verified Member
Well chi is too powerful,so chi needs not a offensive move,chi needs a recovery ability.
Well chi is basicly an offensive way of fighting. I don't see a way how to make chi defensive or make it able to recover itsself.

Last edited:

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well let's compare it to water for example
Water:
Torrent iceblast watermanip icespike
Chi: quickstrike (no damage), rapidpunch swiftkick

I've never seen someone complain in a suggestion for a move for the elements.
Quick strike DOES damage, 1 - 1.5 hearts I believe, Rapidpunch is plenty devestating, along with swift kick. Provided you can pull those moves off on a bender, you'll get them down fairly low. Not to mention you have paralyze to make it all easier or if you just want to paralyze them so you can spam quickstrike on them
And now you want another move that does damage

boybuscuss

Verified Member
I mean recover was jumping. (double jump,walljump,dodge or something like that) When a Bender uses a spout, chi cannot kill that bender,youll say "then nerf in config" no,chi need a recover ability (a jump ability) in the Game, chi needs a recovery (i mean jumping again.) ability to survive.I hope you understand.And highjump is not useful.

IceEyes

Verified Member
I mean recover was jumping. (double jump,walljump,dodge or something like that) When a Bender uses a spout, chi cannot kill that bender,youll say "then nerf in config" no,chi need a recover ability (a jump ability) in the Game, chi needs a recovery (i mean jumping again.) ability to survive.I hope you understand.And highjump is not useful.
I made a suggestion that the FreeRunning addon will be added to pk

IceEyes

Verified Member
Quick strike DOES damage, 1 - 1.5 hearts I believe, Rapidpunch is plenty devestating, along with swift kick. Provided you can pull those moves off on a bender, you'll get them down fairly low. Not to mention you have paralyze to make it all easier or if you just want to paralyze them so you can spam quickstrike on them
And now you want another move that does damage
Well i remember quickstrike doing 0.5 which is what you do qithout anything bound. And quickstrike doesn't paralyze, it has a CHANCE to block chi ( and the chance part is already a real nerf, cause ty lee did block chi on will, it's not like there was a chance that she could block it).
And again, never seen anyone complain about suggestions about a new ability for the elements.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Well i remember quickstrike doing 0.5 which is what you do qithout anything bound. And quickstrike doesn't paralyze, it has a CHANCE to block chi ( and the chance part is already a real nerf, cause ty lee did block chi on will, it's not like there was a chance that she could block it).
And again, never seen anyone complain about suggestions about a new ability for the elements.
Just because quickstrike doesn't paralyze doesn't mean it's not useless- it does do more than half a heart I can tell you that much. Not all of Ty Lee's moves and abilities can be copied unto the plugin, just like the other moves for the different elements. This seems more an un-needed additional move that does un-needed additional damage.

And just because this is the first time you've seen a person complain doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Most of the complaining happens in the big(ger) threads, but there haven't been any of those for a while. Most, if you had to ask me, were kind of pointless with some small abilities that don't really impact the plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.