• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chi Ability: DashPunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I made a suggestion for this a long while back, but I had too many ideas in one thread so I am separating this one.

Move: DashPunch
Element?: Chi
Damage: 3 damage (1.5 Hearts)
Range: 10 blocks
Cooldown: 3 seconds
ChargeTime: 1 second
Knockback: Small
Description: Hold shift for 1 second to charge the ability. Release shift to burst forward 10 blocks, stopping if you hit a block or entity. If you hit a mob or player while dashing, they will be dealt 1.5 Hearts of damage. This ability has a small cooldown of 3 seconds.
Uses: To catch a fleeing enemy, or to escape a dangerous situation. You could dash through several enemies to cause damage to all of them.

Questions: Should this inflict Slow I for a short duration as well?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Sketz

Verified Member
Sounds some what okay to me.
I can't visualize the move very well.

But i wish you good luck! :)

Kwesi

Verified Member
I've seen this suggestion before. I think that this ability is pretty good and I can see its working, but I think the player should be stop once colliding with an entity. I don't really understand how it would just power through, it's almost as if it defeats the purpose a bit, then it doesn't seem so much as a DashPunch (where the strike would hit the target - a punch) as it would be a Dash.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I've seen this suggestion before. I think that this ability is pretty good and I can see its working, but I think the player should be stop once colliding with an entity. I don't really understand how it would just power through, it's almost as if it defeats the purpose a bit, then it doesn't seem so much as a DashPunch (where the strike would hit the target - a punch) as it would be a Dash.
I was on the fences on if it should stop if it hits an enitity or not. I guess it makes sense if it would.

Elias

Verified Member
I like it yet I suggest that the cooldown be increased...I'm thinking that when the chiblocker spams it it's like trying to catch sonic. The 10 block distance can become more than that if they learn some neat tricks using speedburst in combination...

Status
Not open for further replies.