• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Changes to how lavabending works

What do you think?

• This is an improvement.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • This is NOT an improvement.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Immallama

Verified Member
Ok, so what if lavabending was an ability like AvatarState, where you click to toggle and it stays on? While Lavabending is on, your normal moves would work the same, except they would be made of lava. EarthBlast would become LavaBlast, Shockwave would become LavaWave, etc. This would eliminate the need to code a ton of all new moves (At least I think. I have no coding knowledge so I could be completely wrong.) and would also be less painful than changing your slots all the time. Obviously, Lavabending would have a large cooldown and would only last a short period of time before reverting back to normal bending.

To me at least, this just makes more sense than having all new moves for a sub-element. Of course, some normal earth abilities would need tweaking and a few might not even change. RaiseEarth could just raise a wall of lava and EarthGrab could surround enemies in lava, making escape much harder. You pretty much get the point.

This isn't up to me of course, so I wanted to know what other people think. This isn't a suggestion so don't bother begging for this to be added. I'm just trying to see if anyone agrees.

Chen

Verified Member
(Contains season finale spoiler)
This is a great idea, but I think Earth blast could be tweaked, as a lot of the time when you see Ghazan fighting and even Bolin at the end, when they fire independent Lava Rocks there is often a trail of Lava following behind the rock, so this could be added to the Lava-EarthBlast.
But overall this is a great suggestion, well done.

V

Vidcom

This does sound good but my goodness it would be horrific to code I imagine. The other issue I can see here is people who just want to mix up their Earth and Lavabending. Like if you want to raiseearth but now you have this wall of lava :I

Chen

Verified Member
Yeah true, maybe it would only change 3 abilities? That would make it less of a nightmare to code and allow for both Earth Bending and Lava Bending, and maybe include some stock Lava Bending abilities as well.

V

Vidcom

I'd say just having a command that switches a certain set of moves of your choice would be best here...

Immallama

Verified Member
I'd say just having a command that switches a certain set of moves of your choice would be best here...
That would be nice. Another option is simply having different controls for lavabending. Like shifting longer or right clicking instead of left clicking (Does that even work? I don't think there are any moves that use right clicking.)

V

Vidcom

That would be nice. Another option is simply having different controls for lavabending. Like shifting longer or right clicking instead of left clicking (Does that even work? I don't think there are any moves that use right clicking.)
You'd be surprised.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
No matter how you spin this it would still be a nightmare to recode current earth abilities. Also, it would be kinda boring to have the same moves all the time and just change the material. Earth is already amazing in that the material changes depending on what you use as a source.

Immallama

Verified Member
No matter how you spin this it would still be a nightmare to recode current earth abilities. Also, it would be kinda boring to have the same moves all the time and just change the material. Earth is already amazing in that the material changes depending on what you use as a source.
The different material just changes how it looks. Having the moves be made out of lava would look cool and work differently ;)

Immallama

Verified Member
A wall of lava for raise earth would look like trash and lag a ton
Well I beg to differ on how it would look but I can't argue on the lag part. So I guess what I'm getting is members seem to support this idea but from a developers point of view it's not gonna work.

Also, are there any moves being planned that will use the right mouse button? I still think it would be cool to add double functionality to certain moves like EarthBlast.

Immallama

Verified Member
They can't say anything they are working on without MistPhizzle's permition.
Don't really see that in the rules but guess I can't argue. I'll just turn that question into a suggestion: Right clicking for double functionality.