• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBonnySimcraft

Verified Member
I'm no concept designer so this is all from my oppinion,

I want bend-ability, I don't want a bubble that looks artificial and is always the same size, I want to make a bubble, I want to choose the size (of course a config option for min / max side) I just want to feel like im bending like in the show, not being restricted to the amount im bending or the size of my bubble
i completely agree with you ^^

promancer

Verified Member
---

Thank you! I'm glad we have the same opinion. But removing AirBubble wouldn't also be considered canon...
So your saying that the element of mobility should have a weakness in what it excels at?

I don't see a reason for airbubble to be so ridiculously weakened. Air doesn't need a weakness in water. There really isn't a reason for it to be so. Not to mention it makes sense airbenders could do this. It's just keeping all the air in one place, and regulating the pressure a bit.

Water technically shouldn't even be able to use water bubble, as they aren't able to adjust and maintain air pressure. Here's why.

Air pressure (airbender's are able to control and toggle this ability passively) deals a big function in this move. If you stretched waters bubble out to much, you would thin the air out due to the atoms rushing to fill vacuums. Changes in pressure can (and I mean easily) turn you inside out. Not to mention the sea level, and water pressure which waterbenders have to keep a conscious effort to maintain or else they'd be crushed under the weight of the BODY OF WATER. Plus, the limited amount of oxygen in each bubble.

Its funny really, saying that an airbender's move that allows them to SHIFT underwater should be nerfed so readily, and by the element of adaptability...

promancer

Verified Member
I honestly can't remember Aang using 'AirBubble'. Do you have a video or picture?
To be honest I can't supply that because it's impossible to tell what elements he used during it. He might've used a bit of water and air. In every scene when air/waterbubble were shown, aang was always bending or helping to bend them.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
To be honest I can't supply that because it's impossible to tell what elements he used during it. He might've used a bit of water and air. In every scene when air/waterbubble were shown, aang was always bending or helping to bend them.
Then how are we 100% sure AirBubble is canon ? o_O

promancer

Verified Member
How are we sure waterbubble is 100% canon? Aang is an avatar, and an airbender, not to mention the element he learned after air was water and before this time we dont see him use airbubble, but we also dont see waterbubble. This makes canon insanely difficult, because it is only shown in TLA, and TLA was shown mainly from aang's perspective and at the time not many waterbenders needed the concealment of waterbubble. Tbh, air's version of a bubble (no offence) would be far safer than waters, as airbenders could actually bring more air down into their bubble than water, which would kindof have to go with the air arround them. Hints why the ability wasnt used much in the series. It wouldnt be as difficult or hard as described. It would be more like using a box to push another box. It may be less convenient than pushing the actual box(waterbending), but it gets the job done.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
How are we sure waterbubble is 100% canon? Aang is an avatar, and an airbender, not to mention the element he learned after air was water and before this time we dont see him use airbubble, but we also dont see waterbubble. This makes canon insanely difficult, because it is only shown in TLA, and TLA was shown mainly from aang's perspective and at the time not many waterbenders needed the concealment of waterbubble. Tbh, air's version of a bubble (no offence) would be far safer than waters, as airbenders could actually bring more air down into their bubble than water, which would kindof have to go with the air arround them. Hints why the ability wasnt used much in the series. It wouldnt be as difficult or hard as described. It would be more like using a box to push another box. It may be less convenient than pushing the actual box(waterbending), but it gets the job done.
Katara used Waterbubble when she was riding Appa during the Black Sun..

HadesDude

Verified Member
For how long did she use it? I dont think waterbubble can be used for long durations, not because of waining strength, but limited oxygen.
Katara would have had to use it for a long period of time during the day of black sun. While crossing the serpent's pass, she only had an issue with making the bubble big enough to keep all of her companions inside. The only reason that bubble broke was because the serpent began attacking them causing her and Aang to stop bending.

Airbubble was used by Aang in the 5th episode of season 1 (Before he learned any waterbending). (It's at 10 minutes and 41 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMrtIgIxsj0&t=10m41s)

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
So what you're saying is that the element of mobility should have a weakness in what it specializes in?
This really has no reason to be removed. Its from the original plugin, it's canon, it is one of the only moves that can be used in water by air. I agree that air shouldn't be able to just put up airbubble, but that means Water shouldn't be able to either, as a vacuum would injure them both. They should however technically be able to bend inside the bubble as air is there.

Also, technically there is air underwater. Water at its basic form is 1/3 oxygen. This is far more than air which is 21% oxygen. This a argument for another thread though.
In this whole thread there was no one who claimed that waterbenders should be able to pop up a bubble. If the Airbender is making a bubble, how can he at the same time bend other air currents?

Also, technically Oxygen ≠ Air...

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
So your saying that the element of mobility should have a weakness in what it excels at?
Yes, I am saying that the Element of freedom should have a weakness when crossing oceans.
I don't see a reason for airbubble to be so ridiculously weakened. Air doesn't need a weakness in water. There really isn't a reason for it to be so. Not to mention it makes sense airbenders could do this. It's just keeping all the air in one place, and regulating the pressure a bit.
No, it does't make sense that an Airbender goes 50 blocks deep underwater and bends the bubble just like if it was easy as breathing. They have to keep applying a force against the water's weight, otherwise they would be crushed!
Water technically shouldn't even be able to use water bubble, as they aren't able to adjust and maintain air pressure. Here's why.

Air pressure (airbender's are able to control and toggle this ability passively) deals a big function in this move. If you stretched waters bubble out to much, you would thin the air out due to the atoms rushing to fill vacuums. Changes in pressure can (and I mean easily) turn you inside out. Not to mention the sea level, and water pressure which waterbenders have to keep a conscious effort to maintain or else they'd be crushed under the weight of the BODY OF WATER. Plus, the limited amount of oxygen in each bubble.
Do me a favor and go read again the thread and the argument, please.
Its funny really, saying that an airbender's move that allows them to SHIFT underwater should be nerfed so readily, and by the element of adaptability...
I suggested two changes: size and pressure. I am sorry if I'm being unfair with Airbenders, I just thought that, since we are adding realism to the plugin, both Water and AirBubbles should be nerfed, being the WaterBubble easier to control since you are bending the water itself and not using other body to control other. Waterbenders only need to deal with the water and Airbenders need to deal with both water and air.

promancer

Verified Member
In this whole thread there was no one who claimed that waterbenders should be able to pop up a bubble. If the Airbender is making a bubble, how can he at the same time bend other air currents?

Also, technically Oxygen ≠ Air...
Oxygen=21% of air actually. Then around 78% nitrogen. And it's because of air pressure. Clustering air pockets around themselves. Air is far easier to maneuver as it's more free than other elements in its movements.

promancer

Verified Member
Yes, I am saying that the Element of freedom should have a weakness when crossing oceans.
-I asked why.
No, it does't make sense that an Airbender goes 50 blocks deep underwater and bends the bubble just like if it was easy as breathing. They have to keep applying a force against the water's weight, otherwise they would be crushed!
-Actually, this applies to water aswell, do me a favor and go read my argument, please.
Do me a favor and go read again the thread and the argument, please.
-I did, and logic still applies.
I suggested two changes: size and pressure. I am sorry if I'm being unfair with Airbenders, I just thought that, since we are adding realism to the plugin, both Water and AirBubbles should be nerfed, being the WaterBubble easier to control since you are bending the water itself and not using other body to control other. Waterbenders only need to deal with the water and Airbenders need to deal with both water and air.
-Sorry, this is incorrect. Water may be able to use the bubble and not get tired, but their oxygen would be VERY limited. If anything, it would be able to control it, but not use it for long time/distance periods. Air on the other hand wouldn't be able to control it aswell as water, but the stress of it would be the same as water. It's like trying to control the crowd vs. trying to control the police blocking the crowd.

promancer

Verified Member
Katara would have had to use it for a long period of time during the day of black sun. While crossing the serpent's pass, she only had an issue with making the bubble big enough to keep all of her companions inside. The only reason that bubble broke was because the serpent began attacking them causing her and Aang to stop bending.

Airbubble was used by Aang in the 5th episode of season 1 (Before he learned any waterbending). (It's at 10 minutes and 41 seconds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMrtIgIxsj0&t=10m41s)
Was aang bending, if so it's impossible to tell if it's possible. He knew water by then.

Last edited:

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Oxygen=21% of air actually. Then around 78% nitrogen. And it's because of air pressure. Clustering air pockets around themselves. Air is far easier to maneuver as it's more free than other elements in its movements.
True, but we have seen how Airbending reacts when confronted with the other Elements. Airbending is "classified" as the Element of Mobility because how fast and precise the Airbenders' moves can be. This math would also apply to Earth and Waterbenders when they are in their Element (and if they didn't die from it) and if the Element was as dense as air. But as it is impossible, we have to deal with what we have xD

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
-Sorry, this is incorrect. Water may be able to use the bubble and not get tired, but their oxygen would be VERY limited. If anything, it would be able to control it, but not use it for long time/distance periods. Air on the other hand wouldn't be able to control it aswell as water, but the stress of it would be the same as water. It's like trying to control the crowd vs. trying to control the police blocking the crowd.
I like your comparation!
Airbenders would also feel the lack of "breathable" air in their bubbles. Airbenders may be able to manipulate air currents, but they really can't create air (as far as I know).

promancer

Verified Member
I like your comparation!
Airbenders would also feel the lack of "breathable" air in their bubbles. Airbenders may be able to manipulate air currents, but they really can't create air (as far as I know).
Thanks man, but I wasn't talking about creating it but bringing more down with them.

HadesDude

Verified Member
Was aang bending, if so it's impossible to tell if it's possible. He knew water by then.
He didn't know water at that point. He began practicing with Katara the 9th episode. He would have had to use airbending.

I like your comparation!
I'm not really sure that's an issue. When Katara was riding Appa on Day of Black Sun the bubble was pretty small. I feel like Appa would have burnt through that oxygen supply pretty quickly.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This might sound offtopic to what I'm gonna ask you, but... Please, tell me how you did the transparent bullet?! I can seem to make it, which I really need it. TELL ME! :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.