• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
That would seem kinda nice. Like I said, it could be applied with Janny's team suggestion. I say each two bender need to be further apart of each other, 7-16 blocks. This will not only expand the walls of bubble how it originally does, but it will increase the bubble size by 2x (multiplied by 2 the oridinary bubbles sizes, including the celling).
Easte's*

promancer

Verified Member
It determines seeing if the player has his/her head under or above water.

Not really tired. If someone asks you to lift a pencil, you actually can lift it. If someone asks you to lift a car, it would be harder for you than lifting a pencil. That doesn't mean that you would be tired of lifting it, you simply can't apply enough force to keep it lifted and/or starting lifting it.

I'm sorry if you got offended by the non-mention of @Janny's thread, but by the time I posted this thread, I didn't have any knowledge about his idea on team moves.

Yes, it was. Just trying to keep it close to the show.

I do realize how Airbending is buffed in water terms. Currently, an Airbender has more mobility on water then Waterbenders.
Remember that the Airbender is controlling the air in the bubble, not the water. Why is it harder to create a bubble with a straw in a banana milkshake than in a water glass? Because the milkshake is denser, and so, it is harder to push the water back.

How does it invalid my point?
My thesis is based on the following assumptions:

If Waterbenders are able to waterbend, they are capable of creating bubbles in the water.
The Waterbenders are able to waterbend.
Therefore, the Waterbenders are capable of creating bubbles in the water.

If Waterbenders create bubbles by pushing water out, if you can not push the water out, it is not possible to create a bubble.
The Waterbenders create bubbles by pushing the water out.
So, if you can not push water out, you can not create a bubble.

If you can not push water out, it is because a force is opposed to Waterbender.
You can not push water out.
Thus, a force opposes Waterbender.

If water has density, the more water there is in a square meter the denser becomes that area.
Water has density.
Therefore, the more water there is in a square meter the denser becomes that area.

If in the bottom of the ocean the amount of water is larger in square meter, the density is higher.
On the ocean floor the amount of water is greater in a square meter.
Therefore the density is higher.

The more dense an area, the more difficult the movement.

If it's necessary movement to push water out, the more difficult it turns to the Waterbender create a bubble in high densities.
It is necessary movement to push water out.
Therefore, the more difficult it turns to the Waterbender create a bubble in high densities.
For your airbender argument, the airbender isn't constantly pushing the air up. You seem to forget that airshield isn't a BARRIER, it's a swirling sphere of air. Not to mention that sea water level air is as dense as water.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
For your airbender argument, the airbender isn't constantly pushing the air up. You seem to forget that airshield isn't a BARRIER, it's a swirling sphere of air. Not to mention that sea water level air is as dense as water.
Ok, then how does that invalids my point? You seem you are trying to get somewhere, but I don't understand where...

promancer

Verified Member
Ok, then how does that invalids my point? You seem you are trying to get somewhere, but I don't understand where...
Airshield gives off the same amount of defence for say fireburst or surge as it does for water surrounding it, therefor the mobility element shouldnt be as ridiculously weak as you say.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Airshield gives off the same amount of defence for say fireburst or surge as it does for water surrounding it, therefor the mobility element shouldnt be as ridiculously weak as you say.
But we are talking in an ocean! Water bodies! Why are Airbenders better in moving through an ocean than the bender that bends it? It has always been something that bothers me. But that isn't the case: I'm just suggesting a change to the Bubble. You are talking about mobility, but how fast can you walk in the ocean floor if you are sneaking? You gave the example of building. How can you build if every single time you right click the bubble vanishes (which is something that always annoyed me x.x).

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

On the left side are the possible bubble combinations right now. On the right side, is what the bubble would look like with two bubble r s. While with two bubble r s current day, you can expand in one direction, with the combined bubble, you can expand in ALL directions, maybe not as much, but it's in all directions.
much wow such art skills.

orfeas

Verified Member
This actually makes sense since just creating a waterbubble from nothing while being in water is almost impossible and if it could be done it would create void(as previously stated)

promancer

Verified Member
But we are talking in an ocean! Water bodies! Why are Airbenders better in moving through an ocean than the bender that bends it? It has always been something that bothers me. But that isn't the case: I'm just suggesting a change to the Bubble. You are talking about mobility, but how fast can you walk in the ocean floor if you are sneaking? You gave the example of building. How can you build if every single time you right click the bubble vanishes (which is something that always annoyed me x.x).
If you can't move the water, change the air pressure. Also, the same logic should apply to water aswell. The only difference between the two is what is being bent. The work is, at worst, slightly more for air.

Water is bending the water itself, while air is bending the air inside. This is the same as earth with its metal sub element. Not directly affecting the element, but using your element to affect it. Aang is seen walking at normal speed using airbubble.

Last edited:

Matt

Verified Member
Hello! to
(Play dead! Nyah!)

So, the concept of WaterBubble (in Avatar Wiki, only known as Bubble) is pushing the water out, creating an air pocket (?).
At this moment in the plugin, you can be in the middle fo the ocean and just hold shift to give you air.​

What I suggest:​

• 1. Bubble can only be created if the bender is at the surface BEFORE the dive;
  • 2. Only Waterbenders can penetrate inside the Bubble*;
  • 3. The lower it gets, ther harder will be to the bender to keep the Bubble.
  • 4. The bubble would only be created block by block, and not just poofing, as it is right now.
Reasons:
  • 1. In "The Legend of Korra" neither in "The Last Airbender" we saw Waterbenders creating bubbles underwater. Only at surface. After the bubble's creation, you keep pushing water throw the water body you are interested on.
  • 2. In "The Last Airbender" (Book: Earth / The Serpent's Pass), Katara showed to us the (Water)Bubble techninque. She pushed water waves away from her and the other people. With this, every bender that tries to enter the bubble from the outside, will be pushed back. Only Waterbenders, with the swimming passive, can get inside it without getting pushed.
  • 3. In the same episode, the last southern waterbender needed Aang's help to sustain the bubble due the weight of the water and pressure. In alone, the Waterbender would only be capable of keeping the waterbubble under 10 from where the bubble was created during daytime, 15 during night time and 20 blocks during the Full Moon before teh bubble collapses.
  • 4. Katara needed some time to create the bubble. So the Waterbender's bubble would take 2 seconds to form at day time, 1.5 seconds at night time and Full Moon*.
Note:
  • Two Waterbenders can combine efforts to create a larger bubble if they are in maximum of five blocks of each other. This would increase the bubble's size and the maximum depth.
  • Airbenders should have the same changes with AirBubble, except the information that has an *.
    • Airbenders' bubble wouldn't push enemies off, as they aren't pushing directly the water from entering the bubble.
    • Airbenders' bubble would collapse if they are away 10 blocks deep from where they started the bubble.
    • Two Airbenders can also help each other creating a larger bubble and going deeper. With help, Airbenders would be capable of take the bubble deeper 10 blocks more.
    • A Waterbender and an Airbender can help each other. The results would be the same as said above: to the Waterbender's bubble, would be add 10 more blocks.
    • Airbenders would need 5 seconds in order to create their own bubble.
In conclusion:
  • Bubbles can now be teamed;
  • Every Waterbender would add to the maximum depth 10 blocks at daytime, 15 at night time and 20 during the Full Moon to an already existing bubble, and enlarge the bubble's radius in five blocks.
  • Every Airbender would add to the maximum depth 10 blocks to an already existing bubble, and enlarge the bubble's radius in two blocks.
Example:
Taiko and Wongshi were having a beach party, so decided to go on a dive. In order to hide from Weijin, a criminal combustionbender that wants to kill them, running as fast as they could, they reached the coast. Weijin, once she could see them, launched combustion beams, each were parcially deflected by Wong manipulating the air currents. While Wongshi was holding the firebender away, Taiko created a bubble, pushing the water away. He was going into the sea when called Wongshi to come. At sometime, the weight of the water began to tire Taiko, so he asked Wongshi for help. With his support, the bubble, which was starting to collapse become stronger. What the two boys didn't noticed, it was that Weijin also went swimming. But when she tried to enter inside the bubble, Taiko's constant movements pushed her away. Then the world exploded. The End.

EnderDudas as @Taiko
@PoopMasterPT as Wongshi
TitaBoomBoom as Weijin​
I'm no concept designer so this is all from my oppinion,

I want bend-ability, I don't want a bubble that looks artificial and is always the same size, I want to make a bubble, I want to choose the size (of course a config option for min / max side) I just want to feel like im bending like in the show, not being restricted to the amount im bending or the size of my bubble

pfm2001

Verified Member
I think it's a cool concept, but the bending servers I've seen have it as "every man for yourself" so teamwork isn't all that common, and team bubbles are already kind of a thing, but that's just me.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I don't believe in credits. People who say "Why didn't you give me credit?" are people who just want to be noticed. Credit is something that should be done out of the kindness of a person's heart not something that is forced.
Finally, everyone always keeps saying this to me....

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I love this for realism purposes and such. In my opinion, AirBubble shouldn't really be a thing. Yes, Aang used it to help himself and Appa not die underwater, but still. Think about it: Airbenders bend air... How can you push air to make an underwater bubble when there's no air underwater... Also, the fact that Airbenders can maintain the bubble underwater without having a source makes it bias. AirBubble should be removed to show that Airbending does have sources -- where they cannot bend underwater -- and to show that Airbending has its weakness when in water.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Aang is seen walking at normal speed using airbubble.
You are talking about mobility, but how fast can you walk in the ocean floor if you are sneaking?
---
I love this for realism purposes and such. In my opinion, AirBubble shouldn't really be a thing. Yes, Aang used it to help himself and Appa not die underwater, but still. Think about it: Airbenders bend air... How can you push air to make an underwater bubble when there's no air underwater... Also, the fact that Airbenders can maintain the bubble underwater without having a source makes it bias. AirBubble should be removed to show that Airbending does have sources -- where they cannot bend underwater -- and to show that Airbending has its weakness when in water.
Thank you! I'm glad we have the same opinion. But removing AirBubble wouldn't also be considered canon...

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I'd imagine that airbenders can constantly push air around them to keep the water from caving in on them. Of course this wouldn't be nearly as efficient as waterbending, but it's still possible.

TheBonnySimcraft

Verified Member
I think AirBubble should stay. I agree with you, that it should be more realistic so that you cant do it if you are already underwater. Also i think it should be included with AirShield cause its mostly the same.

promancer

Verified Member
So what you're saying is that the element of mobility should have a weakness in what it specializes in?
This really has no reason to be removed. Its from the original plugin, it's canon, it is one of the only moves that can be used in water by air. I agree that air shouldn't be able to just put up airbubble, but that means Water shouldn't be able to either, as a vacuum would injure them both. They should however technically be able to bend inside the bubble as air is there.

Also, technically there is air underwater. Water at its basic form is 1/3 oxygen. This is far more than air which is 21% oxygen. This a argument for another thread though.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So what you're saying is that the element of mobility should have a weakness in what it specializes in?
This really has no reason to be removed. Its from the original plugin, it's canon, it is one of the only moves that can be used in water by air. I agree that air shouldn't be able to just put up airbubble, but that means Water shouldn't be able to either, as a vacuum would injure them both. They should however technically be able to bend inside the bubble as air is there.

Also, technically there is air underwater. Water at its basic form is 1/3 oxygen. This is far more than air which is 21% oxygen. This a argument for another thread though.
I honestly can't remember Aang using 'AirBubble'. Do you have a video or picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.